Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.0.2

[DE]Rebecca

Yeah, no. The cost of unlocking the focus abilities is already high enough. Not to mention, you have 5 focus abilities. The other four cost 50K just to unlock, then you add the cost of unlocking the abilities themselves, plus each ability has 5 ranks?. We are already screwed over with the lack of ways to obtain lenses. So, 75K is nothing to obtain once we can equip enough lenses and get the hang of it, but its still little to do anything in a day, lets assume, in a weekend, where some people can invest the most time (or the only time), and expect decent progression. Once you start ranking up abilities, 75k is just absurdly low and wont get you anywhere in perhaps 2-3 days. It needs to be above 150K for it to at least start making sense with the current upgrade and unlock costs. Let those who can, do it. Let those who dont want, not do it.

It gets you more than an unlock of a low level ability in one day.

I would imagine that DE are scaling this to allow you to complete an unlock of a new ability in a day and have to work for a few days to unlock the higher ones.

And I'm not stopping you doing anything, DE is. I just understand the design intent whereas you don't.

Some (if not all) focus abilities need a rework. The unairu petrification is utterly useless. It's a single beam ray (a cone would have been better), by the time you manage to petrify something your teammates have killed the entire room, not to mention that the ray doesn't work on bosses.

I'm ok with a focus cap (and yes, I got over 75k yesterday) but you really need to rework how support frames gain it: If a dps saryn can get over 40k in 1 mission while an EV trin gets 3k in the same run, theres a problem.

Because, you know, if I run dry on saryn, I'm not getting that affinity.

not sure for how long - but the extractors don't show their damage value anymore when you select them for deployment. on top of that, they aren't sorted by their damage value anymore either, so i just had to deploy and prematurely recollect 4 of them to find one that was at 100% for one planet!

i hope you guys fix that fast, it is highly annoying.

The following bugs still remain:

- In the Codex, in the Second Dream diorama, the back of Lotus' helmet is missing and it looks pretty weird. Picture below

JSTsnRU.png

- In Corpus Spy Missions, in the room with the "tower" in the center that has lasers on the way down to the computer, there is this switch in the picture below. It shuts off the lasers at the bottom of the tower, making the entrance accessible. But it's very hard to get into the position to activate it. Standing in front of it doesn't work, you need to be in a very particular position. It always takes me a long time to activate it. Please fix.

itfM49S.jpg

Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap). Addendum: 'potentially permanent' also means potentially not, we're just trying to figure out the best way to have meaningful earns and pacing.

Nooooooooooooooo

Please make passive XP apply to Focus.

Only doing it with active XP is no good.

Anyone who isn't a ultrakiller-murderframe has it really bad with this system.

The cap should increase with mastery, too. :O

Both of these are solid suggestions.  The way focus is awarded right now reminds me a lot of the original implementations of Affinity that were incredibly frustrating.  The way Focus works right now it heavily punishes you for using a lens on Syndicate weapons (the proc doesn't count as weapon damage/kills) and essentially forces you to put it on something like Ember and run mid-level missions endlessly.

I've been tempted to put one on Valkyr, but I'm concerned that Hysteria kills won't count and it'll be completely wasted.  Also, what happens if you put one on something like Trinity? I actually really want to put one on Ivara, but again given her nature I feel like I'd be wasting that lens as a result.  I don't actually use her 4 as much as other abilities.

I think the worst part about the way focus is awarded is it just promotes a style of play that is very not-teamwork oriented.

I'm not a fan of a cap, but if there's going to be one I think it should have some sort of progression scaling.

EDIT: I also want to be clear that I think the system itself is really awesome, I just don't want to see the same issues repeat from affinity

Edited by Nahela