The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] That's Some Pretty Brutal Sortie...

tinyranitar

I barely won the second one solo, and the Defense is practically impossible to run for it solo. 

I understand the point being it has to be difficult, has to be the end game, but isn't that gutting solo players a bit? 

But yeah, nice to be challenged once in a while. I am practically sweating throughout the match, even though playing Blessing Trinity.

... Did you really believe Warframe's attempt at "endgame" would not actively promote cooperations between players ? Isn't that, the point of the game, kind of ? "isn't that gutting solo players a bit" well yeah, but why would it favor solo players ?

I did my first sortie yesterday, it was engaging but perfectly doable because we were a good squad with proper coordination.

... Did you really believe Warframe's attempt at "endgame" would not actively promote cooperations between players ? Isn't that, the point of the game, kind of ? "isn't that gutting solo players a bit" well yeah, but why would it favor solo players ?

I did my first sortie yesterday, it was engaging but perfectly doable because we were a good squad with proper coordination.

The game in itself is focused on co-op. There are only so few things they can do for solo players so you shouldnt be surprised that sorties would be hard for a solo player. 

I see that. I am just asking out of concerns.

I did the whole thing by myself yesterday though

This defence reminded me for that Corpus Proxy weekend we had, for the Gorgon Wraith....And that wasn't fun either. 20 waves is just too much I feel, rather have 10 waves starting with level 120 enemies.

And to be fair, Defences aren't meant to be a solo gig, not sayin' you can't do them solo, but it does take much long especially when there's 20 waves to boot

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

This defence reminded me for that Corpus Proxy weekend we had, for the Gorgon Wraith....And that wasn't fun either. 20 waves is just too much I feel, rather have 10 waves starting with level 120 enemies.

And to be fair, Defences aren't meant to be a solo gig, not sayin' you can't do them solo, but it does take much long especially when there's 20 waves to boot

I like this idea of cutting it down to 10 waves with a higher starting level. 20 took forever but it didn't really get interesting until the last 10 anyway.

OP, try Frost with a Synoid Simulor. That seemed to work fairly well. I use a crit build and it was destroying groups of Corpus.

Warframe is best played solo though and this is why I dont bother with this sortie crap or raids at all.

yeah screw those solo players it is not like they dont pay anything at all

... all this stupidity nowadays

just a hint: some ppl are not able to properly play with other players because it is lagging brutal

there are ALOT of ppl which are just stupid kids that wanna annoy other players (the reason why i mainly play solo) like cheaters in other FPS games

Edited by RAZORLIGHT

I feel your pain tinyranitar.

I play solo most of the time because I'm sick to death of lag out the &#! joining other peoples games. When I host and its random people joining there people bringing unranked stuff into the high level missions and I just end up reviving them.

Scaling for solo players would be a nice addition, but then again, DE fixing the stalkers absorb ability causing a glitch that makes him unkillable for the rest of the fight would be nice too.....

I barely won the second one solo, and the Defense is practically impossible to run for it solo. 

I understand the point being it has to be difficult, has to be the end game, but isn't that gutting solo players a bit? 

But yeah, nice to be challenged once in a while. I am practically sweating throughout the match, even though playing Blessing Trinity.

So don't run solo.  It is a co-op game.  Yeah, the last defense was slow and long. (Yeah, TWSS)

If you can't solo #2, that should be a wakeup call.  You have much to learn, Tenno.

#3 can be solo but you need to use the right weapon and mod precisely for the situation.  Also you have to bring consumable.

End game SHOULD make you utilize all available resource (short of spending platinum).

Only thing i'd say is that, making mistake and failing while soloing is a bid punishing in #3.  If you fail at wave 3... you have to restart all over. lol

Edited by ssh83

Well, not all sorties missions are playable solo, just like not every other mission is, defense has always been hard to solo.  

It's soloable but if somebody walks in there with a boltor prime and a rhino and expect to win then they'll be in for a bad time.

You act like people haven't been running survivals and defenses to high(er) levels solo for the past couple years or something.

Evolve or die m8.

I only care to run the sorties because I haven't seen an alternative method to acquiring lenses anywhere.  But then, the whole system is kind of unexplained.  Just waiting for the setup I can actually run that doesn't boil down to a defense or survival, though I'm betting every sortie is coded to have a defense, survival, or intercept.

If you can't solo #2, that should be a wakeup call.  You have much to learn, Tenno.

#3 can be solo but you need to use the right weapon and mod precisely for the situation.  Also you have to bring consumable.

End game SHOULD make you utilize all available resource (short of spending platinum).

Only thing i'd say is that, making mistake and failing while soloing is a bid punishing in #3.  If you fail at wave 3... you have to restart all over. lol

I can solo 2. Though that's not the point.