The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoiler) Focus Exp Inconsistancy

Nedelka

Question

I have been trying to grind out some focus experience but i have noticed some odd inconsistencies that i cant figure out.

when i ran 10 waves of Sechura Pluto i with my Excalibur with a lens on it i got about 1,000 focus XP, but when I did 30 minutes in a T3 survival or or 8 rounds of T4 interception with the same frame and my sybaris with a lens on it i only got about 300-400 focus xp. does anyone know what this is about or am i missing something obvious?

14 answers to this question

I have been trying to grind out some focus experience but i have noticed some odd inconsistencies that i cant figure out.

when i ran 10 waves of Sechura Pluto i with my Excalibur with a lens on it i got about 1,000 focus XP, but when I did 30 minutes in a T3 survival or or 8 rounds of T4 interception with the same frame and my sybaris with a lens on it i only got about 300-400 focus xp. does anyone know what this is about or am i missing something obvious?

I don't think anyone knows.

Right now it SEEMS that only kills/stealth kills/stealth objectives give focus. if so, that screws support players and defensive players.

We need more information though.

Right now it SEEMS that only kills/stealth kills/stealth objectives give focus. if so, that screws support players and defensive players.

If the lens is on the warframe, here are the way to get focus:

- kill made with the warframe's ability

- exp earnt by completing objectives (spy / capturing a cp on interception etc..)

- kill made with the weapons grant less focus but still a bit.

And also, it doesn't work with exca and valkyr's ult. (and probably not with ivara too)

Pretty sure the OP spent the full survival with exalted blade, and therefore got not that much focus point.

Edited by Trichouette

I can comfirm, farming focus on Trinity is near impossible. 35 minutes moon survival at 25% squad DPS with weapons only = 2K focus.

The main DPS of the squad (45% with Ember) claims he got roughly 40K focus (about 20 times as much, though i don't remember the killcount. She probably got much less damage per kill, i don't know).

Which make frames like Trinity, Loki and such almost unusable if you want to get focus points, and given you only get a single lens, anyone using it on them is practicly stuck in the focus system until this gets changed. And those who picked Ember, Saryn or Ash as their warframe of choice are on easy mode and shower in focus points.

This needs fixing.

on my sechura run i got 1000 xp just using exalted blade the whole mission. maybe the longer mission didn't do well cause i had a frame and a weapon both with lenses or maybe i can only get so much per mission because i would check my progress during the mission and it would say i had like 2000 xp on each item but when i complete the mission i only get like 200 on each.

on my sechura run i got 1000 xp just using exalted blade the whole mission. maybe the longer mission didn't do well cause i had a frame and a weapon both with lenses or maybe i can only get so much per mission because i would check my progress during the mission and it would say i had like 2000 xp on each item but when i complete the mission i only get like 200 on each.

As i said above, kill with the exalted blade doesn't count toward the focus.

I dont know maybe Exalted Blade just Resets your Xp gain when you turn it off or something

You ONLY killed with your exalted blade ? Not even with your 1 or 3  or any weapons ?

yes i kept Exalted blade up for 10 waves and only used that