Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Future of current swords - question to devs :]

SabreUr

I hope that I am not making double-post, but I could not find any answer, so here I go:

I think that project of swords are amazing - right amount of baroque and technical feel (kudos to person who designed them), but in combat they are quite similar. So my question is - will they be more diversified - for example different "trace" while slashing, some extra special effects, maybe unique charged attack (dark sword turning you invisible :D, or whatever)? Or will only difference be in their stats?

I hope that I am not making double-post, but I could not find any answer, so here I go:

I think that project of swords are amazing - right amount of baroque and technical feel (kudos to person who designed them), but in combat they are quite similar. So my question is - will they be more diversified - for example different "trace" while slashing, some extra special effects, maybe unique charged attack (dark sword turning you invisible :D, or whatever)? Or will only difference be in their stats?

the swords all have their own special effects well the 5 alert swords

for example plasma and dark sword both do tons more damage charged but normal skana damage when just slashing

heat sword can set things on fire even without a fire mod on the weapon (you can prove this by ground slamming with the sword )

and verious other things

I do wish they had different trace effects on the slashs as heat sword is red but the slash is blue and so on

also for the energy effects on the swords to be changed able as i've seen in the character colour customization with the plasma sword when you change the colour of your energy the plasma swords energy also turns to the colour you select for that amount of time while in the editor and so on

The swords while seem similar but they are different in a way. Depend on your play style, whether you prefer just normal hack and slash or charge attack that will be the weapon you will go for. However you can always make up for it with upgrades. IMO there should be some special effects to distinguish the sword's uniqueness. It's still early so there are improvements to come :)

Yeah, i would love to see some special effects, especially in charged attacks department. So they would get +100% to "wow" factor :]

I know that they have different base stats, but i can easily change with mods one sword to another - I'll just use mod that will level out base differences.