Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Did You Do To The Matchmaker?

BooMsx

I would love to suggest possible solutions to fix or constructive feedbasck but there really isn't much to it. I am not a expert at technical things when it comes to computers so all I can say is that there needs to be fix as soon as possible. I wonder that have they even addressed the problem. Would anyone be willing to ask this from developers with a support ticket and maybe add this topic as a link as we have no idea if they know about this and even if they know, they might not reply here.

I would like to note that this issue became most prevalent when the "feature" that was put in to help stop hacking went online. It got better for a time but has steadily gotten worse and worse as time has gone on. DE, either please find a better way to deal with hackers (or just continue the ban method prior, and realise that you won't catch them all- you never will) or revoke that annoying change that has made the rest of your playerbase suffer so.

This seems to be rather common lately, I can find groups to Kiste/Kappa but they're mostly just horrible laggy freeze-fests.

I can handle mobile defence hosting without problems, but whenever I make a game I just end up soloing it.

I do have ping set to unlimited so that's not the problem.

My game shows exactly the same behaviour.

Router, Ports, UPnP, firewall, virus scanner, all double- and triple-checked.

De, when you will fix it?

Please, with cherry on top!

People often forget about clans, in my experiences it would seem more and more people are running strictly with thier clan, this would probly account for the drop in public games, i know that in my clan which is over 3000 players we stick almost entirely excluvisly to clan only runs. Im sure this is also true for alot of other clans both big and small.

Edited by DarthRevan84

People often forget about clans, in my experiences it would seem more and more people are running strictly with thier clan, this would probly account for the drop in public games, i know that in my clan which is over 3000 players we stick almost entirely excluvisly to clan only runs. Im sure this is also true for alot of other clans both big and small.

Getting a fixed group going is a remarkably tedious thing to do, since the chatbox and the actual group forming are very, very clunky.

Back on topic, I've actually seen more people in these last couple of days than what I've seen in a couple weeks ago combined. Added to that most of the hosts have been actually good whereas a couple of weeks back any game I joined had awful lag regardless of the Ping limit setting. //EDIT: And I have some serious bandwidth at my use so it's not a problem on my end :)

Edited by ZoG-

Yeah clans are limiting the players playing the game in pubs and void runs have all limited the random players in planets. I hope that when time passes, this will easy a bit. It is quite easy for me to get into a game since I am part of one of the biggest mega corporations but I tend to favor random games for this exact reason but like everyone says, it is almost impossible to get into a game so often I just end up playing with my clan members.

Getting a fixed group going is a remarkably tedious thing to do, since the chatbox and the actual group forming are very, very clunky.

Back on topic, I've actually seen more people in these last couple of days than what I've seen in a couple weeks ago combined. Added to that most of the hosts have been actually good whereas a couple of weeks back any game I joined had awful lag regardless of the Ping limit setting. //EDIT: And I have some serious bandwidth at my use so it's not a problem on my end :)

Yeah it got a bit better. From 5 squads to 10-16 squads per planet but today for me, every planet has had 3 or less squads in the system. Not very promising.

Anyways I forgot to post is that there probably isn't DE around now since they are all at E3 event but will hopefully check this topic out when they come back.

I first thought this kept happening because of my Strict Nat, but yesterday at my friend's house I tried searching for games (he has moderate or open nat), I noticed no difference.

Same thing here, I thought the game population is dead for a moment.

Or wait, is it?

It isn't. Steam's graphs show that Warframe's daily player peak is around 12k-15k players.

At Update 8 I got matchmaking bug , hard to join multi player game. To join multi player game i need to select mission , if i can't join mission cancel mission and select mission again and again . to join mission it takes 10 min average .

This bug is not good for me and many japanese facing this bug (Include me) , please fix this bug ASAP.

If DE doesn't fix this bug , you will lose many japanese subscriber.

Edited by Pyropos

They need to add a window showing the available squads on the mission, the number of spots filled, and people being able to click on the room they want to join (similar to all lobby-styled MMOFPS games out there)

I support the idea.

If they're going to force people to host their own games, we should have a dropdown list of hostnames.

It should say [Hostname]  x/4 (for players) and then a ping number [yyy],  You then pick a host.

Or they could host their own damn servers.  If the business model they've chosen won't allow that then they need a new business model.  How a new player experiences the game is critical, and when you are lagging cause they've dumped the responsibility of good upload speeds and latency on the user, then new players quit.

I'd like to point out that dota2, league of legends, Age of Wushu, and many other F2P games with cosmetic items AND mixed cash shops host their own servers because they know the user experience is the most important thing, and the company can't guarantee that Joe Dbag has a good enough connection to host 4 people.

Wow this post was made in the beginning of June yet the Dev's has not mention any updates or working progress towards this issues. 

I thought i was the only one having this problem for a while, lately i'm just not able to do runs on Kappa or Kiste due to not being able to join random teams, if i start my own, i end up soloing it. I even set the ping to "No Limit" yet no random games!!!

I'm playing Warframe less and less these days due to not being able to join random missions.

switch over to Kiste -> wait a couple minutes -> "Play Now" pops up again, then i just turn off the whole game! :(