3D Models Inspired By Warframe Taking Requests

LordMidnightX

nice weapon, I want that!

Yah I was think of doing a whole bunch of different weapons like wolverine claws, and maybe some different swords and such. Ideas would be helpful too if you want me to make some because weapons are pretty easy to make, I don't do guns though.

Hehe, cool to see that you try out the whole workflow from concepting, modelling, texturing and rigging/animation. I must ask though, what part of the pipeline are you most comfortable with and enjoy the most? It would be advisable to find your forté and get really good at that, while still maintaining a general knowledge about the rest.

Keep up the work and you'll improve in no time!

One suggestion I would like to give is to look into some basic human anatomy for your basemesh. Take a look at this site for references.

The problem is that there isn't as much work for just an animator or just a modeler, I want to do both so I have been working on both. thanks for the site, It looks interesting. And I have tried a lot to make accurate models here is one of them I made that I spent a lot of time trying to make it right although it still turned out like a man with boobs or others were to stocky or elven, I just can't seem to get humans right. I don't spend that much time on these models though because they aren't for anything but fun. I did spend about a week working on this girl though. 

Capture_2.jpg Capture1.jpg dress.jpg 

Edited by LordMidnightX

Here she is in color and without the tail

better_ivy_color.jpg better_ivy_color_side.jpg

I decided to come up with abilities for my creations so here it goes.

Ivy

1st- Strangle- vines from her body shot out to strangle one enemy

2nd- Venus Fly trap- plants a trap that catches enemies

3rd- Pollination- Pollen is spread into the air sticking to enemies and slowing them down as well as rusting armor

4th- Full bloom- Harnessing the power of life enemies in the area sprout flowers from inside that burst out in vibrant colors

My new frame no idea what to call him but I thought it would be cool if we had a guy that could glide maybe instead of the kick/slide 

flying_dude_back.jpg flying_dude_front.jpg flying_dude_side.jpg

1st- wind slash- adds a buff to your melee weapon so that each charge or ground pound sends a scythe of wind forward beyond the range of the melee weapon

2nd- whirlwind- if used while gliding allows for longer flight, if used other times creates wind under foot for running faster and jumping higher

3rd- tornado- whole body spins sucking up bullets and enemies and tossing them out again 

4th- Dragon tempest- wind dragon enwraps the frame in its coils then strikes straight forward 

sam.jpg sam_back.jpg sam_side.jpg

the idea and abilities for this guy are here

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/67514-my-very-first-war-frame-ideasenshi/#entry717819

How a bout a template? =D

Unfortuately I do not have one, due to never using a template for anything I make. I make other things too, started on a scindo due to it's excessive badassdidness, also my favorite melee weapon because megarapedamagelol.

Sorry.

SHARKFRAME!!!! (original post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/74788-want-to-draw-me-a-warframe/#entry815159 )

Pretty sweet stuff man, love to see what you can do for this idea.

alright I will see what I can do with it

Also here is the requested frame for Jacate from his post here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/68427-new-nightmare-warframe-spooky-phobetor/

shadow_paint_back.jpg shadow_paint_front.jpg shadow_paint_hand.jpg

shadow_paint_head.jpg shadow_paint_side1.jpg shadow_paint_side_2.jpg

'couple of suggestions if you're serious about following this- first, take an Animation class if you can- Traditional Animation, that is.  It'll teach you a lot about things like timing, squash and stretch, and even body proportions and movements.  One of the most important things is momentum- the idea that a thing speeds up from a stop to movement, and slows down from movement to the stop- it needs to be gradual and even, and it's something that is really necessary on pretty much everything that moves, every time it moves.  Even the subtlest of finger twitches, or lifting and setting down a leg, has to 'ease in' and 'ease out'.

'couple of suggestions if you're serious about following this- first, take an Animation class if you can- Traditional Animation, that is.  It'll teach you a lot about things like timing, squash and stretch, and even body proportions and movements.  One of the most important things is momentum- the idea that a thing speeds up from a stop to movement, and slows down from movement to the stop- it needs to be gradual and even, and it's something that is really necessary on pretty much everything that moves, every time it moves.  Even the subtlest of finger twitches, or lifting and setting down a leg, has to 'ease in' and 'ease out'.

thanks lol I am already in collage for that. I haven't started the modeling and animation classes at all yet so everything that you see is entirely self taught

Fair enough.  I'm in Animation as well- took my first animation classes, though- what I said is pretty much what you'll be taught in them- might as well get a head-start.

What program do you use for your models?  Vertex or volume based, and do you do textures with UV or just basic texture mapping?

Fair enough.  I'm in Animation as well- took my first animation classes, though- what I said is pretty much what you'll be taught in them- might as well get a head-start.

What program do you use for your models?  Vertex or volume based, and do you do textures with UV or just basic texture mapping?

I usually make the models on sculptris and animate in blender. Sculptris does the uv mapping for you so you can paint directly onto the model but I have done some uv mapping with blender. I would love to see some off the things you have made too.

Sculptris, eh?  I'm gonna have to take a look at that.  The whole UV mapping thing is a pain in the rear (and I'm not really that good at texture work) so I generally just stick with flat greys or block colors for separate meshes.

I'm actually doing some concept stuff for an Earth based frame idea I had, I'll probably post later.

Other stuff I've done has been some concept work for a game called M.A.V., by Bombdog Studios- a ChromeHounds spiritual successor that's still in Alpha- you can find some of my stuff on the forums for that game.

Sculptris, eh?  I'm gonna have to take a look at that.  The whole UV mapping thing is a pain in the rear (and I'm not really that good at texture work) so I generally just stick with flat greys or block colors for separate meshes.

I'm actually doing some concept stuff for an Earth based frame idea I had, I'll probably post later.

Other stuff I've done has been some concept work for a game called M.A.V., by Bombdog Studios- a ChromeHounds spiritual successor that's still in Alpha- you can find some of my stuff on the forums for that game.

Yah sculptris is pretty nice and easy to use. Could you link to some of your stuff that sounds cool