The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing The Daily Cap To A Weekly Cap

(PSN)B0XMAN517

I'm sure I'm not the only tenno who has a busy life. Not only can I not log in much during the week, but the idea of "dailies" turns some players off of playing. Everyone has different reasons and I don't want to speak for them anymore than I already have.

What I'm suggesting is multiplying the daily cap by 7 and making it a weekly cap.

The way I see it (I'm wrong more often than I'm right) everyone wins.

TL;DR: I'm curious as to what other players think about multiplying the daily cap by 7 and making it a weekly cap.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

A weekly cap is much worse, because if you do one large xp run for the first 2 days and reach the cap you are stuck until the week is done ( draco and stealth runs make it possible). No cap is better, as it isn't forced progression.

I will admit though, 75k is an ok cap starting out, but once you get into upgrades that go over 75k, then it is a forced 2 day investment/wait.

I don't think there should be a cap at all.  DE shouldn't be telling us "you have to work for this thing, but you're only allowed to work this much for it and any effort you put in beyond that will be wasted".  That being said, if progression must be halted, a weekly cap would be better than a daily cap.  People could still pace out their 75k per day if they wanted or they could go all out and get 525k in one day if they had more time for it on that particular day of the week.

I think a weekly cap would be even more infuriating since everyone is PO'd that there is a daily cap in the first place.

For some reason I lost a lot of what I typed. I'm not proposing taking the 20k cap (mr19) and making it a 20k weekly. It would be 20 x 7 to make a 140k weekly cap. This way players won't loose their anything as they can still stop at 20 or go further. In the end people who play everyday won't loose any standing.

Yes having the Weekly Cap would be nice, other games have been introducing weekly limits, and I think they had been beneficial.  The only QQ that I heard was "I finished my weekly cap in 2/3 days" and such, but then again it is the amount of the cap that was the issue.  Multiplying by 7 would be more than generous imo.

Edited by Hueminator

A weekly cap is much worse, because if you do one large xp run for the first 2 days and reach the cap you are stuck until the week is done ( draco and stealth runs make it possible). No cap is better, as it isn't forced progression.

I will admit though, 75k is an ok cap starting out, but once you get into upgrades that go over 75k, then it is a forced 2 day investment/wait.

A weekly cap is much better for the casual player an not at all worse in away for a player that plays daily (I log in daily). If you get all your syndicate or focus standing in one day then you have the rest of the week to not worry about it. That's great for the player who logs in every day. I'd LOVE to go over my daily cap one day and not have grind out my syndicate standing the next.

This would be a win for all players. There is no real reason that a player that plays 1 hour a day can get more standing/focus/whatever than a person that can only play on the weekends but plays 25 hours on the weekend. The weekend player plays the game more and gets less.

THe daily caps turn WF into a 'chore" that you ahve to get done before it resets.