The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Pvp) Melee Stunlock

Auramaru

Why was this re-added to the game?

This was a HUGE issue when PVP 2.0 came out and people begged for it to be removed... now it's back?

I understand: it makes melee more viable. But literally anybody can do this! You don't even have to be wielding your melee for the stun-lock to begin.

My proposition: give melee stagger when...

-The combo hits.

-And the player is wielding their melee.

This is a ridiculous change of pace in gameplay. It's annoying and it's a cheese strategy - so easily abusable. No dev-bashing intended: I don't think they tested this.

Thoughts?

Enguard! Anticipation!

These are the two mods that prevent stunlocking in pvp!

That is true, but the mod is basically required in the current state of the game. 

Not to mention, if you don't have the mod, then there is literally zero counter-play to this tactic.

Prevent no, reduce maybe, but tbh they could work better.

The only way to avoid said stagger, is not not even engage in melee.

What if instead the mods prevent the first knockdown/stagger, but open for the next few seconds till it "recharges" ?

Edited by ZinGrin

That is true, but the mod is basically required in the current state of the game. 

Not to mention, if you don't have the mod, then there is literally zero counter-play to this tactic.

Fair point. They are pretty cheap and have a low access gate at teshin though. I would not be opposed to these mods being innately integrated into pvp so that everyone has the 8s DR.

Edited by Skaleek

I agree that stunning or knockdowns with melee should only be available while melee is equipped.  That would stop all the cheap slam attacks followed by shotgun blasts.

Stunning and knockdown is kinda necessary if you're restricted with full melee.  I need to mess around with it a bit more, though.

I agree that stunning or knockdowns with melee should only be available while melee is equipped.  That would stop all the cheap slam attacks followed by shotgun blasts.

Stunning and knockdown is kinda necessary if you're restricted with full melee.  I need to mess around with it a bit more, though.

The bad news is that DE implemented the stagger/knockdown  linked to the time between attacks, which predictably bugged out and works with quickmelee and Espam combos instead of just adding impact procs to specific hits on each stance (Shattering storm for example had those staggers in certain combos pre-U18)

Stunlocking is bad In any type of pvp. the main issue is that the stun locking can be done with quick melee. Once its changed to onlt stun when melee is equiped but much less often as with some melee weapons you still get stunlocked with the mods to prevent that.

Fair point. They are pretty cheap and have a low access gate at teshin though. I would not be opposed to these mods being innately integrated into pvp so that everyone has the 8s DR.

How about innate but not 8 seconds? More like a natural 2-3 seconds immunity rather. Enough time to get away from the incoming stagger and reposition yourself.