The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoiler) Good News?!focus System...

Makinar

just makes the overall problem worse IMO. Focus will be yet another system tied to mindless gore fest on some random endless def or surv node with incredibly tedious and meaningless gameplay in it.

... but that's how it is now?

The difference being that only the person doing the kills gets it, so people compete for kills which isn't fun and support frames don't get as much which isn't fun either.

It's not like the current focus system isn't meaningless, with focus-hogging bastards constantly trying to play RJ Excal on Draco, leaving a shortage of EV Trins and Frosts. Recruiting chat is literally filled with "H Draco need EV Trin Frost and Rhino".

Hopefully this fix will bring a little bit of balance back to the game.

Edited by HatchetHaro

just makes the overall problem worse IMO. Focus will be yet another system tied to mindless gore fest on some random endless def or surv node with incredibly tedious and meaningless gameplay in it.

Dude you cant be happy with anything, they fix one thing now you just complaint about it being the same thing as with the rest, what do you want ffs?!

Dude you cant be happy with anything, they fix one thing now you just complaint about it being the same thing as with the rest, what do you want ffs?!

taking a look at the forums I can say for sure I am far from a type of person you're talking about.

They could have tied focus to something interesting and varied like sorties, high level nightmare missions, unique challanges (like conclave), style points or whatever.

This.

Also, there are ways to earn focus and have fun at the same time, even if it's slower. 10 minutes of easy survival with my lensed Mirage and a Tonkor give me almost 3k, fine with it. The problem described by "focus-hogging bastards constantly trying to play RJ Excal on Draco, leaving a shortage of EV Trins and Frosts. Recruiting chat is literally filled with "H Draco need EV Trin Frost and Rhino" lies more with Draco in general, not really with the focus - although I do agree of course that the system needs its share of improvements, and the devs are already working on it as it seems.

That's exactly what it is now. But the current system also promotes shameless killstealing, because some people just want their focus, so they don't care that they're screwing over other people in the process of getting that focus. (To be fair, most of the people I've met have been nice about this but still.)

Any changes to the system might not make it a perfect system but it'd still be an improvement over what we have right now where support frames get screwed and where the only way to gain focus in an appreciable amount of time is by going to Draco as Ember or any dps frame and just racking up the kills.

You know your life sucks when you play as Trinity and you get 500 focus or less per mission, whereas your nuking dps frame is getting something like a hundred times that.

Edited by AsCaLus