Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.0.4.1 [Spoilers]

DE_Adam

Can't update the game through steam. Tried reinstalling, updating windows, checked firewall, set launcher to run in admin mode, deleted temporary IE files. Did everything on the support page. I am trying to download the standalone launcher now to see if that will work. I purchased a 3 day credit booster this morning and now I am loosing hours off of it, effectively wasting my plat. I don't seem to be alone in this problem. This is ridiculous to have this happen. This may be a free game but I have spent hundreds of dollars into this game in plat and prime access as I've considered it an investment to help make the game grow. Please fix this update DE I am a loyal and long time customer. Please use my money for QA testers.

to everyone raging about focus cap, it's not supposed to be maxed in a week

And with the current system you wont even max it in a year. Probably not even within 1 1/2 years. With hitting the cap every day with no breaks.

With the same reasoning would you be ok with a cap on general affinity? You're not supposed to be MR2x within a week after all.

That aside, dear DE why no updates on this? Is there going to be a cap or not? Was it put in so you can fix the XP distribution in peace, then why not say so instead of talking about "potentially permanent" "potentially not"? What would be the goal, how fast should players advance in this? Will the trees with their passives be rebalanced? And seriously, is there going to be a cap or not?

Because I wont give a single damn about this system if the cap stays. Every lens I get goes straight to the market - better to make plat while the prices are good instead of gearing up for the focus mechanic. Which by the looks of it... will go the way of "another daily thing to guilt trip people into logging in." And that sucks.

18.0.4 changed how soft landings would cancel reloads (if you didn't hold a direction on landing).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/573964-hotfix-1804-changed-neutral-landing-cancelling-reloads/

I'm a bit hurt by this, as it means guns with long reloads can't be cancelled in a short time and also it means trying to cancel your reload in another way makes you go through lengthy animations. It particularly hurts low magazine, long reload guns like Rubico/Vulkar that also need to zoom in quickly after a reload.

Please consider reverting this change. Taking it out makes it more difficult to continue sniper combo chains as well as utilizing zoom as well as we could be.

Since 18.0.4 I can't play anymore with joypad. Power menu does not go down once a power is used, not allowing to run, jump, slide, aim and shoot and so on. I can only walk. Only activating 5th ability resets the status of the menu

Please soon asap. Thanks

JUst do what I did to my PS3 joystick, use the Right Button to cycle trough the powers and R1 to activate

And with the current system you wont even max it in a year. Probably not even within 1 1/2 years. With hitting the cap every day with no breaks.

With the same reasoning would you be ok with a cap on general affinity? You're not supposed to be MR2x within a week after all.

It's Alternate Advancement... ideally it should last forever. Take Diablo3 Paragons as example. As meh as that game is; the paragons are ideal AA. You get diminishing effects after certain points, it takes longer and longer but it also never ends. It's there to give you a sense of value beyond normal level cap.

This AA in it's current state is more like EQ or Rift, it has an end without continuous updates to the system.

They did well in realizing people were going to max the crap out of it too quickly but I also don't believe a daily cap is the way to deal with that.