Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing To Black And Nothing Seems To Stop It

Smileyrat

Each crash was preceded by a black screen while I could still hear my friends on Skype for a moment followed by an audio glitch and then the computer would crash. I was then forced to restart. Windows 7 reports that I crashed to blue screen but no blue screen ever popped up before restarting was required. This happened even when I was not using a chat program. It also has happened eight times now and each time in a sortie mission. I am beginning to think the the sortie missions are causing it as I have spent several hours on other missions without crashing in them.

I have checked my memory integrity, verified through steam then the launcher, perform a clean reinstall, verified again, checked my driver updates, and there is no way my video card or cooling system are not up to handling this game.

Edited by Smileyrat

Edit: OK, my graphics card burned down. might be a coincidence, maybe a bug in Warframe gave my card the last kick into the abyss. I think I saw some grphic glitches earlier and dismissed it as a loose cable... anyway, I'm out form here on ;)

-------------------

sorry for posting again, but interestingly my pc just froze on Desktop just in the moment I posted XD.

I had Warframe open to the login screen, again instantly glitches were about to take over, but I was able to close warframe by ALT+F4.

Then I veryfied my download cache again and it was ready to start... I left the launcer open in the Background when suddenly graphicglitches apeard on the launcher and spreaded like a virus. then Black screen, then low a resolution version of my Desktop, browser, etc with a freeze.

hope it's a simple pointer missmatch or something to be fixed in the next hotfix °x°

Edited by BOBtheROSS

• 2 weeks later...

Might not be your card, I keep having the same problem. For me I login go to the map and collect my extractors, then doing anything on my ship. Then the next time I got to the map BANG black screen. It shut down my video card and I have to hold the power button for 10 sec to shut my computer down and restart. This has been happening to me for the last 5 days or so. It's very annoying.

My computer has a GTX 770, I5 4670 CPU and 16 Gigs of ram. Running Windows 10.

This happened to me too; computer just crashed but sound continues playing. Have to force restart. Other times; warframe just force-minimizes and uanble to expand it back up (and I get to hear my Warframe get thrashed while im forced to stare at my dekstop).