The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update Of Directx Failed?

Sappow

This is what I'm greeted with every time I try to run the updater. I've been googling and none of the suggested fixes has worked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwj2fgz0fbhlz6z/Screenshot%202015-12-09%2001.32.31.png?dl=0

These are the solutions people have offered to this problem around the internet; none have worked for me.

Verify file integrity in the launcher? nope.

Deleting the game and then reinstalling it? nope. 

Deleting the files in steamapps/common/Warframe/Drivers/DirectX9 files quickly while the launcher runs? nope.

Deleting the files, rebooting, disabling antivirus and firewall, and then running the launcher? nope.

Deleting the files, rebooting, Disabling antivirus and firewall, and then running the Dx9 Installer directly? nope.

Beyond that the "solutions" started to involve things like registry edits you would have to do repeatedly, or using hacky tools to prevent the launcher from running an executable, replacing it with some random garbage named what it thinks its looking for, and then letting it go to run the fake launcher which will execute happily and it will roll along. And doing this every time you want to play.

Those solutions seem kind of absurd, and seem not particularly likely to result in a positive outcome besides.

What the heck is wrong? Help? This problem is unique to Warframe for me.

• 1 month later...