Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Putting Spy Missions In The Sortie System

RaidKnight

This is partly the reason I solo spy missions. The other part is pubs blindly joining and failing the mission.

Funny. The worst experience I've had in public spy missions is that a teammate triggers the alarm, but still manages to get the job done. I've yet to fail a spy mission in a public setting.

Funny. The worst experience I've had in public spy missions is that a teammate triggers the alarm, but still manages to get the job done. I've yet to fail a spy mission in a public setting.

I was working A, pub comes in, tries B and fails. Mission over since it's a sortie.

all i want is a pool of missions for each tier.  i dont think it would take away anything from the game, in fact it might make people more willing to do the missions if they get options

Then they would have the problem of some missions never being chosen while others are always chosen.

Say people were allowed to choose between Defense, Exterminate or Sabotage as the final mission.

Guess which one nearly everyone would choose.

And that should illustrate the problem.

It would defeat the purpose of the sorties because people would always choose the fastest mission out of the choices offered.

Sorties are fine (mostly at least) the way they are currently.

Further, sorties are meant for the people wanting a challenge and doing the difficult missions.

Not the people looking for an easy and quick pass to their reward tables.

Pish. Just wait until they have a Melee Only Hijack show up on Ceres for a sortie. That will be an amusing day to see the region chat and possibly forums light up.

Wait...that's supposed to be a challenge? Blind/Rest/Silence and finishers. GG

ive avoided these maps like the plague since they came out knowing they arent for me. yes im bad at them, and yes i hate stealth especially when the system needs a dire rework.  you can go around being smug and superior feeling all you want as long as i never have to run these but i cant avoid them now that they appear in the sortie system.  i understand you want to be a stealthy ninja but that doesnt work when 90% of the game is pretty much shooting and slashing through large groups of enemies.

Boi...i got 2 words for u : GIT GUD...

Just bcos u dont like them doesnt mean everyone has to go your way...

You are a toxic to this community !

Alright, so you're bad at the game mode.

But simply saying it's impossible for you to get better doesn't give you some inalienable right to get all the same rewards as people who can do it.

If you can then you're rewarded. If you can't then you're not rewarded.

You don't see the Void letting us keep all the primes we find if we die trying to reach extraction.

If you can't do it then you don't deserve the Sortie reward. Simply exclaiming Spy is beyond your league doesn't give you disability accommodations for Sortie prizes, let alone denying the entire community Spy Sorties.

Edited by Tyrannawn

The ONLY downsides to spy missions in Sorties are 1) Lack of ciphers and 2) idiots who think rushing through the lasers with Rhino or Excalibur will work. They get knocked down, fail and ragequit. And it is NEVER their fault, because they know how to do it, Sure.

They are not SUPPOSED to be simple but with a good group, they are not hard at all.

If you cannot do it, recruit someone who can. Win.

I don't particularly enjoy them, but they are easy enough considering you just need to be stealthy at certain points in the mission.  I actually have been running them with my Rhino because he's the only frame I have a focus on, and I think I've failed one mission out of close to a score I would wager (came back for U18 from being absent since Mesa dropped)

Well let's face it, Spy is a game mode that incentive lone wolfing and that is bad for a mmo, specially a mmo that advertise coop, so i would love to see it go away....but that will never ever happen...

It actually does the opposite. There is no incentive to do it solo since there are 3 datas rooms to hack. That incentivizes using a 3 man cell, it takes at least 3 times longer to do it solo. What you are actually suggesting is that people are so bad at this game and it sucks having scrubs fail missions is what incentivises not playing with window lickers.

Pish. Just wait until they have a Melee Only Hijack show up on Ceres for a sortie. That will be an amusing day to see the region chat and possibly forums light up.

loki overextended+stretch+cunning drift+Irradiating disarm #masterrace

Sorties are suppose to be a challenge for experienced players not a free ride.

That means you need to know how to do all mission types and own a Shotgun/Sniper Rifle and at the very least have

forma'd/catalyst frames/weapons.

As for the Spy Missions:

Corpus - Limbo(best)/ Loki

Grineer - Loki/ Ivara

Infested - Loki

Couldn't agree more.

I used to not like them like you, until I got an arr... I got ivara, or generaly got the hang of it. Ivara/loki/limbo(never seen that one, will try it out next time) makes it a lot easier. Even still, hush or just a silent strong weapon (bows breh) make it a fun run.

The sortie missions make the spy ones really fun for me. It can be challenging as certain times and it makes you feel like a badass once you complete it without detection. And it's a quick sortie mission done :)

I do them solo though. Pugs are HORRIBLE at spy missions... -_-