Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a female starter

Mockeryangel

Didn't see any threads on this but I think it's wrong and kinda unfair to make you have to grind or pay real money to get a female warframe. I think either Ember or Mag should be added as a 4th starter option (with plat cost dropped to 75).

Preferably though an entirely new female warframe designed to be strong and easy to use for beginner players should be added as fourth starter, adding a prime version to alongside prime Excalibur for founders would be good too.

I don't think this error on the devs part was done out of any kind of malice but rather simple neglect and it's not a difficult mistake to fix.

Guys don't pick male warframes because of what they're packing underneath that suit. Guys don't pick female warframes because of that either. Neither should females sort warframes by gender. Who cares?

The three starter warframes right now are three of the best. If you put Mag or Trinity in there, you'll be gimping any new player that tries to start on them and then falls on their face.

Both of those require either a super-charged tree to unlock their 4th ability, or a lot of coordination and skill that you can't expect a new player to have on day 1.

Edited by PanderBeers

Uhh, coming from a long history of gaming, online and off, I can honestly say that if girls AND guys had a choice to pick a female warframe packing something under their suit, about half of them would pick it.

The trend from longtime guy gamers is that the females typically have smaller hitboxes, harder to hit, and boobies are always nice.

The trend from girls is they want something that represents them ingame, and boobies under a suit is something many would identify with.

Regardless of which warframe they add as a selection for girls, as long as there is one people WILL choose it.

None of the "day 1" players would even know that any of the above warframes are actually some of the best, by the way. Day 1- it's about what looks cooler.

Edited by Zh40

Guys don't pick male warframes because of what they're packing underneath that suit. Guys don't pick female warframes because of that either. Neither should females sort warframes by gender. Who cares?

The three starter warframes right now are three of the best. If you put Mag or Trinity in there, you'll be gimping any new player that tries to start on them and then falls on their face.

Both of those require either a super-charged tree to unlock their 4th ability, or a lot of coordination and skill that you can't expect a new player to have on day 1.

Yeah Mag seems hard to use but Ember seems more accessible, Trinity I didn't suggest to make 4th starter because it seems too stereotypical to make a "healer" the starter female warframe. Thus I said it's preferable to make an entirely new starter female warframe that's easy to grasp.I also think if women had the option the vast majority would pick the female warframe to start with, and quite a few men would too since many men main females in MMOs like myself, call it weird but it's what I always do.If they make a new female starter I hope they preview it to us with concept art and stuff.

Trinity is supposed to be kind of rare, though. I'd swap Volt out for Mag instead of adding a fourth, but idk.

People might get annoyed if Volt was swapped out so it's better to add a 4th starter.

I think that volt needs to be swaped out of starter, I like it how it is, but I think its a little too powerful for a starter warframe, I think putting in ember or a whole new female warframe in his place is a good idea. it may annoy some people but i think its better in the long run

oh then lets just put rhino as a starter and let everyone breeze right through the game shall we?

thats funny cuz rhino is just an underpowered excalibur :3

they are the easiest you are supposed to switch to a higher risk reward frame but since the skill in to power out is so high on thos first 3 frames noone switches

I switched to trinity and ember for my own specific style of not enjoying the First Order Optimal Stratagies

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/balancing-for-skill

thats funny cuz rhino is just an underpowered excalibur :3

they are the easiest you are supposed to switch to a higher risk reward frame but since the skill in to power out is so high on thos first 3 frames noone switches

I switched to trinity and ember for my own specific style of not enjoying the First Order Optimal Stratagies

http://www.penny-arc...ncing-for-skill

Really thought it was funny linking me to a penny arcade vid, not like i don't understand what ur saying, being a competetive SSB Brawl player, in which case excalibur is the equivilent of metaknight. I wasnt saying rhino was better than exxcalibur, but its better than the loki warframe. In a game where high stats can give you god strength they shouldn't start you out with volt who can easily get over 400 shield at rank 20, I mean im practically invincible everywhere except pluto. And on top of that you can speed boost and chop everything to pieces while going to fast for the enemies to shoot you. Then lets not forget that when your in a dire situation surronded by enemies, you can overload and kill almost everything in the room.

I don't want volt to be nerfed but I think they should use something else for a starter, so people don't start out with a god strength warframe

Just gonna +1 this thread.

Unfortunately, I have not had enough gameplay experience to really say what warframe would be a more preferable starter (so please keep in mind this is based purely on raw first-impression), but seeing every option for females being gated by either time or money kind of weirded me out a bit.

I know nothing funny was intended, and maybe they're just wanting us to test out the three current starter ones now, before they change it for launch, but I can't help but get a little unsettled when they've made a "Female Warframe Pack" as if the warframes were premium items because they were female.

Of course this could all be solved with not gender locking classes..

Edited by Roda

I think it would be better to just take the idea a step further and just let the player pick any frame to start the game with. Seeing as each frame has it's own appeal to it, the player should pick which one to start with and from that point forward either choose to make or buy any additional frames.

Really thought it was funny linking me to a penny arcade vid, not like i don't understand what ur saying, being a competetive SSB Brawl player, in which case excalibur is the equivilent of metaknight. I wasnt saying rhino was better than exxcalibur, but its better than the loki warframe. In a game where high stats can give you god strength they shouldn't start you out with volt who can easily get over 400 shield at rank 20, I mean im practically invincible everywhere except pluto. And on top of that you can speed boost and chop everything to pieces while going to fast for the enemies to shoot you. Then lets not forget that when your in a dire situation surronded by enemies, you can overload and kill almost everything in the room.

I don't want volt to be nerfed but I think they should use something else for a starter, so people don't start out with a god strength warframe

Eh? how does getting 400 shields make Volt OP? Any frame can have over 400 shield points at that level if you have the correct mods on. O.K. I'll give you that His OverLoad skill is can clear a room a bit to well but other then that his abilites are pretty well balanced.

Eh? how does getting 400 shields make Volt OP? Any frame can have over 400 shield points at that level if you have the correct mods on. O.K. I'll give you that His OverLoad skill is can clear a room a bit to well but other then that his abilites are pretty well balanced.

Most warframes only have 250 shields at max level. Volt has a 150 shield lead. That's several mod slots that could be used for other things. It's really not fair.

On the shield issue. Considering you can't do anything to reduce the damage your shield takes per hit how is having 400 shields OP? Granted before with multiplicive stacking % based shield mods having like 40,000 shields was OP.

Shouldn't there just be multiple frames with their specific abilities like there is now, but the player has the option to just be male or female? It's silly that if you want the abilities of a frame you're forced into that sex.

Nope nope. Apparently part of equipping certain warframes requires a sex change operation... Must have to do with the plumbing attachments and where they store energy... :P

Sillyness aside frame gender I would guess will be a skin selection later with basic male or female available when you get the frame.

Or that female excalibur might just be a whole new frame that plays similar but has slight alterations in abilities. IDK~