Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Sorties Are Horrible.

Reaver_X

Is there a simulacrum equivalent to the Hacking Minigames you can practice on then?

Also how hard is the minigames for the consoles compared to the PC. I somehow think the Corpus is undoubtedly easier on PC if my guess you move from each of the Hexes for the Corpus ones which might make it harder for them console people.

fps lag makes it horrible?  because I'm used to playing with 10-15fps, and they're fine.  Have you also considered ciphers?

Grineer one is close to impossible with low fps. I know this because im running Pentium Potato inside.

Is there a simulacrum equivalent to the Hacking Minigames you can practice on then?

Also how hard is the minigames for the consoles compared to the PC. I somehow think the Corpus is undoubtedly easier on PC if my guess you move from each of the Hexes for the Corpus ones which might make it harder for them console people.

I think there are sites created to train on hacking minigames. Like this http://www.41pi.co.uk/corpus/.

Edited by icewindlord

What your ears are deaf to is that not everyone is good at speed solving puzzles.

But they're not even that difficult.

Solve Corpus ciphers by starting to work on the outside.

Grineer ciphers can be done easily as there is no time limit.

Saying that "not everyone is good at speed solving puzzles" doesn't change anything.

Sorties are supposed to be at least challenging, remember?

But they're not even that difficult.

Solve Corpus ciphers by starting to work on the outside.

Grineer ciphers can be done easily as there is no time limit.

Saying that "not everyone is good at speed solving puzzles" doesn't change anything.

Sorties are supposed to be at least challenging, remember?

Sorry that we're not all as capable as you at these, one mistake and Oh look mission failed (again).

And another day arrives with another damm spy mission opener, 12 mission types and we keep getting spy missions.

I hate spy mission on normal and generally if i'm in one its with some one who does like them and can do them without problems, got a competent Pug for the Raptor one but hey you know Host DC on extract and we lose all progress nonsense that DE keep on letting happen

Edited by AzureTerra

To OP

See this image?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/528383129358643682/E08410C3DE9BCBC8FE9FE1DA7990EED4FF0091CF/

If you can solve this, you can solve anything. It is the most difficult hack puzzle. Everything after this one is easy peasy

As previously stated by fellow tennos:

- first arrange the the 3 pins tiles

- next, set the adjacent tiles to the 3-pins tiles.

Here is the trick: the one-pin tile will ALWAYS be oriented to the adjacent 3-pins tile, NEVER to the center.

- by now, you should be able to set the rest of the outer tile set, leaving only the central tile to be positioned

- with the outer set completed, click as fast as possible on the central tile. It will stop by itself the moment it get into position, you do not have to think it over.

- ????

- profit

Cheers.

You have to know what is to be done before initiating the hacking. For me, the 1-pin tile is the troublesome one, when in a hurry and under fire. I never used a cypher :) But I failed plenty of times. That is how you learn.

Edited by viccraft

Loki, seriously. Sorties are nothing but a gear check. Get the right gear = succeed, use the wrong gear = Oneshotted in seconds.

Yes and no : it's mostly about gear, but you don't necessarily need stealth frames,they just make it easier...

"A true space ninja doesn't need invisibility/cloaks/specific frames to succeed at stealth..."

-Unknow99, 2015.

I think you guys are completely missing the existence of an fps glitch at the hack interface that the OP is experiencing.  

It's a completely difference challenge when you're dealing with low fps and a minimum input lag of 1 second, which may not even queue up your all your actions leaving you with waiting to verify if the cursor actually moved to the node or fell short or if the your 3 clicks only rotated the node once or twice.

The hacking itself is the least of my problems with the sortie spy missions. I don't mind the hacking, but I don't want to see them several days close together like this. Spy missions are my least favorite mission type, and the sortie ones are certainly the most difficult. I feel like the viable frame options to complete those are a lot less fun than the team aspects of other mission types. Plus, with Ivara being locked behind spy vaults, the Spy grind right now is just too much for me. :c

Are you guys already playing the game on minimum settings? I play the game on lowered settings just like this to make sure I never get bad framerate lag. Even if your rig can handle much higher settings I go for lowest-medium settings.

Loki for Spy Missions is usually just adds an extra layer of safety as you can use invisibility,decoy & switch teleport to quicken certain spy missions or prevent you from triggering an alarm because the game decided to put the Sensor Regulators/Security Cameras exactly at the front of the Spy Room.

As for the Grineer ones I guess you could try playing Rhythm Games?

Are you guys already playing the game on minimum settings? I play the game on lowered settings just like this to make sure I never get bad framerate lag. Even if your rig can handle much higher settings I go for lowest-medium settings.

Loki for Spy Missions is usually just adds an extra layer of safety as you can use invisibility,decoy & switch teleport to quicken certain spy missions or prevent you from triggering an alarm because the game decided to put the Sensor Regulators/Security Cameras exactly at the front of the Spy Room.

As for the Grineer ones I guess you could try playing Rhythm Games?

grineer ones arent much trouble really, its just the corpus ones

Let me break down my response for you:

1. Karak Wraith and Dera Vandal: Mastery Fodder.

2. Lens are worthless: People said they could buy the Greater one for plat.

3. R5 Cores has less price: Legendary Cores all the MAXED primed mods cost less than 600p now. It's just stupid now farming all the day, for those bloody worthless pathetic amount of cores.

(Why grind if you can buy them? That's what DE want you to do.)

4. Rewards are totally worthless items: However those "skillful" players still think rewards are fine. If your only target is Legendary Core, have fun being punished by bloody RNG, you'll tired of that soon. I mean, less than 2 weeks.

5. Too easy? Do with pub: Enjoying watching your teammate AFK or lying on the ground all the time. Not everyone has some "skillful" friends like you.

6. The removal of paid revives: DE could now increase the grind and difficulty by no limitation and no reasons. Just like almost everything needs Nitain to craft, you cannot even grind now and currently this game is not Grind2Win at all. That's what fanboys and elitists wants, showing their superiority and class among other players, telling other players "git gud" could make them feel better.

7. Spy Mission: Not sure whether DE wants to promote cooperation or not, Spy Mission is not a choice and such difficulty does not match the value of rewards.

Like I said, if you don't want the rewards, more power to you man, you don't have to do them. Not to mention you can't even get dera or karak from market, sure though DE wouldn't mind you buying Lens. Honestly though, normal ones aren't so much worse that I wouldn't prefer them. But up to you, again.

4. Maybe I will stop doing them, maybe I won't. Guess it depends what the next round of rewards are, done every day so far.

5. In nearly all instances of doing the sorties I've only had one friend, and two randoms, I HAVE had both other people die and stay afk on a few runs. It was still fine, haven't failed a single mission yet. Though that interception the other day was pretty intense, that was the funnest mission in a long time. Though, it did come close, if teammates had been less competent on that one, it would've been all over. So what though, it's repeatable and doesn't cost anything to redo anyways.

6. I'd love enemies to be more likely to use up my revives too, sounds good. Losing XP sucks, but why shouldn't enemies be capable of killing? As far as grinding, that has absolutely nothing to do with revives, but yeah it can be pretty bad. The quantity of nitain things have been using is pretty terrible, no arguments here. Not sure how this is relevant though? Nitain is a time grind, gitgud only refers to playing decently enough to not lose missions that aren't too bad with a decent level of play. Maybe it necessitates a few forma being dumped into your weapons, but if you can't be bothered to do that sorties really aren't a priority anyways.

7. What's wrong with spy? Sure, randoms can F*** up a vault, and besides from using Liset air drop you can't do anything to prevent them failing a mission's rewards, but then you have the option of friends or solo. It's not a matter of "promoting cooperation or not" It's that, wow, amazingly, DE would love to cater to both. It's not some one or the other decision, there's no reason they can't have missions focusing on more on stealthy solo play without flipping off everyone that loves huge mobs of survival enemies in a party of 4.

Thanks though, I still don't understand what you're getting at, but at least I can understand what you're trying to say. The elaborating helped a lot.

*edit* OH WAIT, I remember you were complaining specifically about spy in the earlier bit, I'd forgotten, that was what the whole gitgud thing was about right? I probably should've reviewed that before replying to your reply. Well, again, hacking isn't even hard, and nullifies my formaing weapons point, all you need is basic understanding of the mechanics for that. Pretty sure Liset Air Support works in Sorties even though the ciphers don't, if you really wanna cheese them too. So gitgud or git-items.

Edited by NearoC

Title should be corrected to: "I'm horrible at spy sorties"

IF you really suck that bad at sttealth play/hacking, get yourself an Ivara and slap an intruder mod on it. All the time in the world.

^

And tbh the hacks are not that hard. Work on the outsides. 90% of the time you dont even need to turn the center node. And read this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=norwegian&id=400061796

Edited by rawr1254

Title should be corrected to: "I'm horrible at spy sorties"

IF you really suck that bad at sttealth play/hacking, get yourself an Ivara and slap an intruder mod on it. All the time in the world.

^

And tbh the hacks are not that hard. Work on the outsides. 90% of the time you dont even need to turn the center node. And read this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=norwegian&id=400061796

Or you could stop flaunting your egos and actually read the thread.

I think you guys are completely missing the existence of an fps glitch at the hack interface that the OP is experiencing.  

It's a completely difference challenge when you're dealing with low fps and a minimum input lag of 1 second, which may not even queue up your all your actions leaving you with waiting to verify if the cursor actually moved to the node or fell short or if the your 3 clicks only rotated the node once or twice.

DE did you hear that ? We need primed intruder! ASAP!!! Foundry guy in danger! (sarcasm)
Honestly dude if you bad in hacking,
A) join in random group and wait until they do it. Many players do it as well.
B) If you want do it alone.
 1) Everything put on low, put resolution 1280x720 (dont recomending less)
 2) Take loki with max duration and max intruder (beause with loki it is fastest and easiest)
 3) Go on pluto spy and train how to hack.
 4) After you know how to hack. Go solo and finish sortie, Even if you succes, abort mission and do it again and again until you train it.
 5) When you did it 5x in row without intruder. Job done
 6) If you failed every time, Go and do option A)