Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Sorties Are Horrible.

Reaver_X

I've never built ciphers ever since I started playing this game, mainly cause of the material/credit cause, and also because I find them rather unnecessary. I guess most people find difficulty in solving corpus puzzles instead of the grineer ones, so here's a tip. Connect the puzzle pieces on the outside first before rotating the one in the centre. It really helps. All the best!

Pardon? Are you saying sorties aren't worth it now? Cause I mean I'd run it every day for that tiny ! chance at a core anyways.

Well, more power to anyone that doesn't like spy missions and other stuff, if they don't view the rewards as worth it any more.

Let me break down my response for you:

1. Karak Wraith and Dera Vandal: Mastery Fodder.

2. Lens are worthless: People said they could buy the Greater one for plat.

3. R5 Cores has less price: Legendary Cores all the MAXED primed mods cost less than 600p now. It's just stupid now farming all the day, for those bloody worthless pathetic amount of cores.

(Why grind if you can buy them? That's what DE want you to do.)

4. Rewards are totally worthless items: However those "skillful" players still think rewards are fine. If your only target is Legendary Core, have fun being punished by bloody RNG, you'll tired of that soon. I mean, less than 2 weeks.

5. Too easy? Do with pub: Enjoying watching your teammate AFK or lying on the ground all the time. Not everyone has some "skillful" friends like you.

6. The removal of paid revives: DE could now increase the grind and difficulty by no limitation and no reasons. Just like almost everything needs Nitain to craft, you cannot even grind now and currently this game is not Grind2Win at all. That's what fanboys and elitists wants, showing their superiority and class among other players, telling other players "git gud" could make them feel better.

7. Spy Mission: Not sure whether DE wants to promote cooperation or not, Spy Mission is not a choice and such difficulty does not match the value of rewards.

Edited by VCaptiion

The problem with Spy Sorties is the players, not the mission. The ciphers aren't that hard if you just take a moment to think about it. The timer doesn't speed up until you touch a certain number of hexagons in the corpus ciphers, so take your time before you trip the cipher's alarm, and the grineer ones are incredibly easy considering they have no time limit. Before the current spy mission's were added, I had around 200 ciphers solved with 0 failed, since they almost never appeared in missions. After the spy update, I'd say that around 90% of my cipher solving is in spy missions. I'm currently at 952 solved, 14 failed, and an average time of 6 seconds.

If you really need help, head to the spy wiki page and read up on the various rooms and tactics used to get past them.

(I will admit there is one corpus room that is always a b***h, simply because the vents are nearly always closed, and the enemies have ridiculous paths that have little to no predictability. But it rarely appears, thankfully.)

Really? Grineer have no time limit? Lol, I didn't know that.

they should let us use ciphers in sortie missions

No they shouldn't. It's supposed to be HARDER.

Not that they are hard, just harder.

Oh, and the Rhinos and Excaliburs (And Valkyrs) who love to rush through the lasers can't insta hack with ciphers now after alerting everyone. Silly that a SPY mission requires you to act like a SPY instead of a mindless basher.

'Stealth is for fools when you can rush!' 3 times in three days, had this quote from different players just before they failed the mission. And then saw a stealthy rusher who finished a Sortie mission in 7 minutes. HE was good.

Edited by Kalenath

There really is no need for Loki, Ash or Ivara for Spy missions. They can be done easily with every frame.

Stealth is not so much about invisibility as it is about awareness and timing.

Some of the LEAST stealthy players I have seen played Loki and Ash. BEST I have seen used Trinity.

Edited by Kalenath

What you say:

What I literally hear:

I LOST! I PLAYED A WF MISSION AND I LOST! 

THIS SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE DE! 

PLEASE FIX THIS BUG! 

While I would normally agree, I have read about several people who report FPS issues during spy missions. Which makes "hacking" noteable more difficult.

Honestly I think the biggest issue is that everyone splits up and doesn't take their time to complete it. On top of that you can have one person taking their time completing vault A, but then someone joins in Vault A and screws the whole thing up. Honestly, you only need one person to do all three of the nodes just watch that one persons back when things get rough.

There's nothing more to be said other than teamwork and communication go a long way.

Seriously, i can't hack anything because i hardly have time to look at the puzzle and figure it out, not to mention, i can't click quickly to line up the shapes because otherwise i overshoot it and screw myself due to lag. it also feels like the cursor moves slower than what it should making it difficult to move from one hexagon to the next and instead end up clicking one you already have set. Plz fix this DE, somehow, add more time maybe?

DE is not responsible for your own or anyone else's hardware. That's all there is to it.

What your ears are deaf to is that not everyone is good at speed solving puzzles.

We are given more than enough time even without intruder and/or classic lisset drops to complete the puzzles. Some Tenno just can't pay attention.

Edited by TMHowler

my only complain about spy sortie of today is... bow only...

FFS! Ammo drop are so rare...

Bows all deal pretty heavy damage so their small ammo count is usually fine. The other one that does eat up alot is the Attica which technically is more of a Auto-Crossbow.

Always have a weapon type ready. This is why I have one variant of every weapon type potato'd just for the occasion I need to.

Edited by Atomic_Noodles

I had no trouble with Spy. Me and my friend did it together.

He used Rhino Prime to keep enemies at bay and i used Loki (without reactor and just some mods for duration...really squishy...think 285 health or smt). Wasn't that hard really.

While I would normally agree, I have read about several people who report FPS issues during spy missions. Which makes "hacking" noteable more difficult.

That is my pet peeve in Grineer Spy missions with a crappy host, I saw my Warframe lose a head when I entered the mini-game.

But in Corpus ones? Even with a very laggy host, they are much better to do.

"Sorties not challenging" Said by a player who is playing Defense and casual rapes enemies

"Sorties are too hard" Said by player who fails Spy Sortie

People.

That is my pet peeve in Grineer Spy missions with a crappy host, I saw my Warframe lose a head when I entered the mini-game.

But in Corpus ones? Even with a very laggy host, they are much better to do.

If I'm in a laggy Grineer mission and need to hack something - I do it eyes closed.

The visual feed might be jittering but my audio is always fine - personally its way easier that way. 

The trick to quickly solving corpus hack panels is to assemble the outer/perimeter shape first and then quickly rotate the middle piece until it clicks.

By "assemble the shape" I mean make it so the pointy ends are all pointed towards the center.

There are only a few cases where one of the outer shapes has to be connected to the other outer shape.

Seriously, i can't hack anything because i hardly have time to look at the puzzle and figure it out, not to mention, i can't click quickly to line up the shapes because otherwise i overshoot it and screw myself due to lag. it also feels like the cursor moves slower than what it should making it difficult to move from one hexagon to the next and instead end up clicking one you already have set. Plz fix this DE, somehow, add more time maybe?

The only thing that screws me over is that the rotations are backwards. Left click short rotate the opposite direction and right click should rotate the opposite direction. Right now, left rotates right and right rotates left. It always throws me off.

Grineer though... Regular grineer puzzles are doable. But in sorties you have a very short time limit. My reflexes aren't very good with those type of timed hacking. I gave up on Ruks sortie spy after failing 7 times.

You don't have a time limit for Grineer puzzles in sorties.

Instead what happens is that if you pull out the same peg 3 times you get shocked and have to restart the hacking.

ehm sorry but this is the case for :

zQKmL9U.jpg