The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara - Hidden Features, Tips, Funny Things

LazerusKI

Question

Since i found a few "hidden features" with her now, i just wanted to make a topic where we can gather more findings.

Here is what i found so far:

* Prowl is insanely slow, right? Well, there was another game where i was crouching and sneaking all the time...Skyrim.
You know how you can sneak faster there? Just roll around. looks weird but it works.

Guess what works on Ivara too?

They see me rollin...

Well you cant attack while rolling around, and when you touch an enemy you alert them, but alteast you are faster, kinda like sprinting...Bulletjump loki will leave you behind though.

* Pickpocket works on Assassins, but not on bosses

I pickpocketed the Scimitar Part from Grustag yesterday, so it works on Assassins.

Couldnt test it on stalker so far because...well...he is stalker and i dont want to get close to him

Pickpocket doesnt work on bosses though...or Phorid has no pockets. somehow i dont want to know where infested keep the loot...

* Navigator can control the bombs from Kulstar. I mean the cluster bomb that drops out, looks like a tiny roller with spikes^^ Use? well none, but it looks funny. I think i should test Stug and Pantera later.

* Arrows under control of Navigator can punch through several enemies or doors, even walls. Enemies dont spawn after a certain distance though, even if you can see them on your radar.

* You can also controll Glaive, Navigator increases the damage the longer you control a projectile, and since a throw Glaive allready deals a good amount of damage...you can guess what happens

* Navigator can increase the distance of some projectiles, for example Sonicors 15m limit can be expanded with it. It drains a lot of energy though, since the projectile is very very slow.

* She can Sprint and Slide on Ziplines while Prowl is active

* You cant pick up stuff with carrier while you are on a zipline...

* You can still wallrun without unloaking

* Grabbing a ledge uncloaks though

* Lanka is Silent, even though it says Alarming

* Daikyu isnt... Maybe Fixed

* You cant switch arrows while picking up energy orbs (bug)

* Artemis Bow Secondary Fire fires the currently active Arrow in your Quiver without the need to charge it up (just one, not a fan)

* Bulletjumps will uncloak you, but you can leave the "crouch" and stay cloaked, then you can jump normally.

* You can then perform a "tripplejump" to reach a similar horizontal distance as bulletjump, just roll between the jumps

(jump, roll in mid air, second jump, glide)

Edited by LazerusKI

25 answers to this question

Lanka still breaks the invisibility (unless it has been fixed)

Another tip, ivara can also wall jump to go faster when invisible, that's VERY handy because rolling starts being lame after some time.

(or just put zipline EVERYWHERE)

Another tip, when using artemis bow, you can press the secondary fire to shoot your quiver faster (without having to charge i)

Oh and, a last tip, that i hope they'll fix (or maybe it's fixed already, didn't play since the last hotfix), grabbing an edge while in prowl remove the invisibility. (which is lame)

Edited by Trichouette

Lanka still breaks the invisibility (unless it has been fixed)

Another tip, ivara can also wall jump to go faster when invisible, that's VERY handy because rolling starts being lame after some time.

(or just put zipline EVERYWHERE)

Another tip, when using artemis bow, you can press the secondary fire to shoot your quiver faster (without having to charge i)

Oh and, a last tip, that i hope they'll fix (or maybe it's fixed already, didn't play since the last hotfix), grabbing an edge while in prowl remove the invisibility. (which is lame)

ah yeah, forgot about that, adding it to the list ;)

also what some may not know is, that you can still jump. normally she crouches but you can stand up, so you wont perform a bulletjump that uncloaks you, its basically possible to perform a "tripple jump" then, jump, doublejump, roll, horizontal distance is kinda like bulletjump then. I use it like this:

Jump, Roll, second Jump, Glide.

the roll gives you a nice speed boost like bulletjump, while the second jump and glide keep you in the air and increase the distance

I believe the Daikyu should be fixed now, some kind of bug.

Do remember that the Glaive can be controlled. I got my prime dealing 60k+ stealth crits on stuff everywhere, though the rebound can nip at ya.

yeah, think the highest i have seen was a 6.5 bonus, so the damage on a thrown glaive should be insane.

still, i love my Karyst with Covert Lethality, even if i alert an enemy i can still send them to sleep and assassinate them then^^

Edited by LazerusKI

The zipline trick is how I've been moving around with Prowl. Dashwire everything! You can jump roll off the wire while sprinting for a great momentum boost that won't break Prowl.

If you get bored of rolling while using Prowl, you can jump/double-jump roll for even faster movement.

Navigator can extend the range of weapons like Synoid Simulor and Sonicor. Left click speeds up Navigator while right click slows it down.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in Players Helping Players?

Edited by stoybot

The zipline trick is how I've been moving around with Prowl. Dashwire everything! You can jump roll off the wire while sprinting for a great momentum boost that won't break Prowl.

If you get bored of rolling while using Prowl, you can jump/double-jump roll for even faster movement.

Navigator can extend the range of weapons like Synoid Simulor and Sonicor. Left click speeds up Navigator while right click slows it down.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in Players Helping Players?

adding them to the list too (allready added the first as "tripplejump" because i use that one to cross gaps)

also...yeah you are kinda right, players helping players would fit better

still, i love my Karyst with Covert Lethality, even if i alert an enemy i can still send them to sleep and assassinate them then^^

My ivara loadout is dread & spira both with punchthrough (to use navigator) and sheev so i can put to sleep the very high level / high armor enemies and OS them with covert lethality :p

Still it bothers me i can't catch an edge without losing prowl -_-

Edited by Trichouette

Poor thing is gonna get nerfed so hard. She's actually really good right now, such a shame.

Bet you the front roll is going to be patched within a week and will break stealth just like sprinting does.

Ivara can also do something gamechanging with Prowl. Could change the way people farm forever, hopefully DE leaves it alone but I doubt it :/

Poor thing is gonna get nerfed so hard. She's actually really good right now, such a shame.

Bet you the front roll is going to be patched within a week and will break stealth just like sprinting does.

Ivara can also do something gamechanging with Prowl. Could change the way people farm forever, hopefully DE leaves it alone but I doubt it :/

I don't see why they would remove rolling from the stealth, simply because (unlike running and bullet jumping) rolling is a stealth move.

Also, i believe (and hope) they'll rather fix her and buff her a bit rather than nerf, otherwise it would be really lame.

Right now i would like to see navigator being changed for a less energy-vore one that deal less damage.

I don't see why they would remove rolling from the stealth, simply because (unlike running and bullet jumping) rolling is a stealth move.

Also, i believe (and hope) they'll rather fix her and buff her a bit rather than nerf, otherwise it would be really lame.

Right now i would like to see navigator being changed for a less energy-vore one that deal less damage.

I wouldn't mind losing the stealth speed for a little more health or armor. Even though she has a smidge more sheild than Loki she has to take more hits because of her limited speed.

* Navigator can increase the distance of some projectiles, for example Sonicors 15m limit can be expanded with it. It drains a lot of energy though, since the projectile is very very slow.

The left/right click trick I mentioned can speed up the projectile while Navigator is active.

I cant see a reason why, her stealth is pretty much balanced, atleast its more balanced than Mr Loki with his Hushed Invisibility, where he can fire everything silenced, even shotguns, where he can jump around with insane speed while wrecking things withs Orthos.

Or Mr Ash with his Cloaked Blade Storm...

Yeah but unlike loki you can stay stealth forever if you play on efficiency / duration.

Actually Loki can stay invisible forever, since he regenerates energy while cloaked.

There is just a little downtime every 20 or 30 seconds, when Zenuriks passive works, he would even have more energy after the stealth than he had before. Not to mention that he has absolutely no downside to his cloak, he moves at full speed, has full access to the whole moveset...

Ivara has to be lucky to find enough energy to refill her since energy siphon is deactivated. I have a good reason why i carry 50 large energy pads with me^^

The left/right click trick I mentioned can speed up the projectile while Navigator is active.

Not on all of them, "Bombs" and Sonicor are both veeeeery slow

Edited by LazerusKI

I always solo with Ivara and have never had any issues. Might be a client/host issue.

As i said here : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/572705-bug-ivaras-navigator/#entry6485415

I tried many time in simulacrum, i can either slow or accelerate the projectile, never both. Plus some weapon's projectile are way too fast to be used with navigator.

As i said here : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/572705-bug-ivaras-navigator/#entry6485415

I tried many time in simulacrum, i can either slow or accelerate the projectile, never both. Plus some weapon's projectile are way too fast to be used with navigator.

interesting, so basically you cant slow down lanka but accelerate it, and you cant accelerate grenades but slow them down?

interesting, so basically you cant slow down lanka but accelerate it, and you cant accelerate grenades but slow them down?

Depend. I didn't manage to slow the lanka projectile, but it worked for panthera. Then i couldn't slow panthera's shot anymore but only accelerate it.

It's totally incoherent.

Same for my spira, sometimes i can slow it down, but most of the time i can only make it go faster.

Depend. I didn't manage to slow the lanka projectile, but it worked for panthera. Then i couldn't slow panthera's shot anymore but only accelerate it.

It's totally incoherent.

Same for my spira, sometimes i can slow it down, but most of the time i can only make it go faster.

wait, you said you tried that in the simulacrum, where you standing in the spawn place where you get refilled with energy?

because i noticed that when the energy orbs fill you all the time, you cant switch arrows anymore, pressing the button was only accepted when the energy-spam stopped for a split second. so maybe its the same issue with accelerate/decelerate?

wait, you said you tried that in the simulacrum, where you standing in the spawn place where you get refilled with energy?

because i noticed that when the energy orbs fill you all the time, you cant switch arrows anymore, pressing the button was only accepted when the energy-spam stopped for a split second. so maybe its the same issue with accelerate/decelerate?

No i don't stand on it forever.

Just take the energy and leave it.

I'm sick of the energy replenishing noise xD

It's totally incoherent.

I just tested it with a variety of projectile weapons and couldn't slow down any of them. Acceleration worked without any issues. Then I realized that left click is just an acceleration toggle and right click toggles off the acceleration and returns you to normal speed. It always seemed like slowing down because I was using acceleration prior to that. Can you record a video of a slow-down? I can't reproduce it.

Bear in mind that acceleration is just a multiplier on the current projectile velocity, so if the projectile slowed down, you won't move it very fast. This is the case with Synoid Simulor. If you cast it from the beginning of the shot, it will be fast. But if you use Navigator as it is about to reach its final range, you won't be able to accelerate it a lot.

I just tested it with a variety of projectile weapons and couldn't slow down any of them. Acceleration worked without any issues. Then I realized that left click is just an acceleration toggle and right click toggles off the acceleration and returns you to normal speed. It always seemed like slowing down because I was using acceleration prior to that. Can you record a video of a slow-down? I can't reproduce it.

Sorry i have nothing to record in game footage.

but i have the repro steps:

- take panthera + ivara

- join any relay and go to the simulacrum

- press 2

- left click

- press right click to slow down the projectile

Oddly it only works once, and only if you press 2 before shoting.

Sorry i have nothing to record in game footage.

but i have the repro steps:

- take panthera + ivara

- join any relay and go to the simulacrum

- press 2

- left click

- press right click to slow down the projectile

Oddly it only works once, and only if you press 2 before shoting.

Confirmed. Slowing down does work with the Panthera.