The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... About Them Weapon Tier Lists...

zz_tophat

We've all seen them, some of us have made them and I would wager many of us have our own personal list. Regardless of what they say, there serve the purpose of telling people what we think the "best" weapons are. But now we have Sorties and that... kinda changes things.

How so? Well sorties tend to require one specific weapon type and "best weapon" lists more often than not; do not take weapon type in to account.

So now we are looking at a situation where "what is the best", is a categorical affair, since when, say, a sniper sortie is in effect the boltor prime or tonkor are effectively useless.

Personally, I have never felt that there is a mystical "best gun", just a best weapon for a mission type or situation, like for a bows only sortie I would take either the Paris Prime, Dread or Rakta Cernos depending on if I am facing Grinner, Infested or Corpus just to match primary damage type with what deals the most damage to that enemy type (this becomes even more important when dealing with sortie conditions that give high elemental damage resistance).

What are you thoughts? What would you tell a newbie what Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Bow/Launcher is the must have? Shall we begin debating which sniper is the best sniper?

DE has a "thrown melee only" sortie, how mad are the forums?

What are you thoughts? What would you tell a newbie what Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Bow/Launcher is the must have? Shall we begin debating which sniper is the best sniper?

thats a tricky one

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/574469-best-sniper-rifle-as-of-u18/

I would say Lanka because of the 100% crit and chance for Redcrit

Rubico for the high crit damage and fast combo multiplier

Vectis/Vectis Prime for the rate of fire and damage

personally i still use Vectis Prime because i just like it, its fast, can onehit most of the lower enemies and looks nice.

Rubico would be fine if there wouldnt be the crit chance...

Edited by LazerusKI

thats a tricky one

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/574469-best-sniper-rifle-as-of-u18/

I would say Lanka because of the 100% crit and chance for Redcrit

Rubico for the high crit damage and fasl combo multiplier

Vectis/Vectis Prime for the rate of fire and damage

personally i still use Vectis Prime because i just like it, its fast, can onehit most of the lower enemies and looks nice.

Rubico would be fine if there wouldnt be the crit chance...

See i wonder about how much raw numbers matter when it comes to snipers because during the sniper alerts I dropped with a Vulkar in to a squad that was 2 vectis and 1 rubico. I did 60% of the team's damage and had half the kills.

The only reason I used the Vulkar was it is one of only 2 snipers I own, the other being the snipertron (level 30, no forma), I forma'd and held on to the vulkar despite it being bad in the hopes that a sniper buff would come along and fix the issues with it (it did!), because I liked the way it sounded and the way it's syndicate mod rewarded the scoped playstyle.

It could have been the case that my squad mates didn't have their weapons properly modded and/or didn't ever use them (of course that was the case with me too). But I feel like that performance gap demonstrates that at the very least the Vulkar deserves a second look now ...of course it could have just been the fact that the vulkar is mostly impact damage and the sortie enemies were corpus (that again, would demonstrate the importance of damage type against enemy type as opposed to there being 1 best sniper weapon).

i guess vulkar is the "raw damage sniper" then since both the scope and its unique mod increase its allready high damage even further

Well i would say the Vulkar was always the more powerful weapon, it's just up until now that zoom was so mindbogglingly bad everyone (including me) hated using it.

The Damage profiles are similar, with the vectis having a bit more crit and status.. The difference is that the Vulkar has a 6 round magazine with a 3 second reload and the vectis has a 1 round magazine and a .9 second reload. Which means for every 6 shots, the Vectis spends 5.4 seconds reloading compared to the Vulkar's 3.

You can also make comparisons between Charged chamber and Lasting purity and up until the recent changes I would have given the prize to charged chamber because lasting purity, despite having a higher damage bonus, was tied to the massive liability that was the Vulkar's zoom. But now the Vulkar has the superior zoom, both with a shorter minimum zoom of 2.5x (this zoom level actually makes it possible to use the weapon close in, which was all but impossible before) and a more distant 12x(!) 20% bonus compared to the vectis' 3x and 4x 15% zooms.

Now the vectis prime is a whole other kettle of fish and while I am certain it deals more damage than the vulkar, I am not certain how well that on paper damage translates to in-game, due entirely to the prime having it's zoom's minimum set at 4x which limits close in target acquisition.

Vectis Prime is stupidly effective with Depleted Reload. Acts like a bolt-action, with the same accuracy and punch. Haven't tried the Vulkar yet. Wasn't fond of Vectis. Snipetron was meh. Rubico is...well, jury's still out for me. Lanka just sucks because of charge time, even if it is doing pure Electricity damage right off the bat. I haven't hit a build that really fixes that problem - maybe someone else knows it.