The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Whats The Point Of Sorties?other Than Mastery Fodder

Stonedtodeath

Fun, good credits, chance at mastery fodder and the chance at hitting the lottery and getting a legendary core. It seems everyone in my clan besides me has gotten one so far.

Want one so bad :(

Really? How large is your clan? No one in my alliance if about 25 regulars has gotten one yet.

Wonder what the drop rate is...

Also remember the rewards list will change.  What we have now is not gonna be the rewards forever.   It's season 1 rewards, who knows what season 2 rewards will be.    So it's a bit premature to say that doing sorties isn't worth it because some don't find value in the current rewards.   Many people do find value in them, some don't.   But nobody said that every mission or new system will have value to every single player in the game.  The sorties just may not be for you.  

Personally I don't play missions or games in general for rewards.  I play for fun, for any challenge a mission may give me.   The reward is just a bonus for performing well and succeeding, not the driving force behind playing the mission in the first place.

Edited by Krymanol

Now that you can get Greater Lenses from the plat store for 40P, what's the point of me doing sorties for the chance at a normal one?

Why not just give out greater lenses from sorties at this point?

This is WF, like what's the point of 90% of the weapons in game besides mastery fodder.

This is WF, like what's the point of 90% of the weapons in game besides mastery fodder.

That sort of mentality is why people rage when others try to be unique and break the mold. Many of the weapons available are actually extremely good. But people like you ignore that and go for whatever the "meta" is every single time.

Guys don't you see, playing this game is a job and DE needs to spoil us even more with additional beast weapon content. Just look at Broken-War an actually good weapon that made us whine over and over because it beats our edgy katanas and our golden oh so awesome royal longswords.

/s

That sort of mentality is why people rage when others try to be unique and break the mold. Many of the weapons available are actually extremely good. But people like you ignore that and go for whatever the "meta" is every single time.

Your assumptions are ironic not to mention stupid. I don't even have a potato on a boltor prime and my most used weapon is a synapse for example, i was sick of boltor from damage 1.0 days before a prime even existed. I really couldn't care less what kind of unique snowflake you are or how meta you want to be either. But please tell me more about how much fun you have with your heat dagger and lato

Your assumptions are ironic not to mention stupid. I don't even have a potato on a boltor prime and my most used weapon is a synapse for example, i was sick of boltor from damage 1.0 days before a prime even existed. I really couldn't care less what kind of unique snowflake you are or how meta you want to be either. But please tell me more about how much fun you have with your heat dagger and lato

And yet the post that I quoted says COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY.

If you're going to talk the talk, know that everyone who reads it will believe you walk the walk.

Up to the point where someone 50-Forma'd a Lato and 25-Forma'd a Heat Dagger.

Just because they like the weapon.

It's pretty subjective when it comes to fun but when you already are touching high-end weapons it's pretty difficult to differ to other weapons that aren't the same caliber as those toys you have. Capiche?

I really like them for the huge disappointment at the end when you want something good, like a lens, legendary core, or 50 cores.  But instead get your 5th Dera Vandel Barrel part that you are just going to use for mastery fodder when you find the other parts, and spending a half hour doing a high level 20 wave defense (now 15)

Or the whining of people who cannot do spy missions without Ciphers, loki, Huras, or Limbo

yep good times.. makes me want to blow bubbles in a big bucket of ice water so I can experience pain over and over and never forget

And yet the post that I quoted says COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY.

If you're going to talk the talk, know that everyone who reads it will believe you walk the walk.

What I said has nothing at all to do with what nonsense meta complaint or how I play the game nonsese you spouted as a reply.

What I said has nothing at all to do with what nonsense meta complaint or how I play the game nonsese you spouted as a reply.

Read your own words. Own up to them, and stop trying to backpedal just because someone called you out on it.

Read your own words. Own up to them, and stop trying to backpedal just because someone called you out on it.

That has nothing to do with meta you lol. It has everything to do with the game being full of so many weapons, multiples in each catagory, and there being zero point to having them all if it weren't for MR.

That has nothing to do with meta you lol. It has everything to do with the game being full of so many weapons, multiples in each catagory, and there being zero point to having them all if it weren't for MR.

While there are some weapons that don't seem to have much of a point other than being crafted into stronger versions, there's enough versatility within each genre of weaponry to let players play the way they want to play. "90%" is a heavy exaggeration, and wanting to play something that isn't "typical" has nothing to do with being a "special snowflake". Save your insults.

Also the Lato is a weapon new players can choose as their first secondary in the game - its not "mastery fodder". and the Heat Dagger is actually not bad for a dagger weapon, especially against flesh targets.

While there are some weapons that don't seem to have much of a point other than being crafted into stronger versions, there's enough versatility within each genre of weaponry to let players play the way they want to play. "90%" is a heavy exaggeration, and wanting to play something that isn't "typical" has nothing to do with being a "special snowflake". Save your insults.

Also the Lato is a weapon new players can choose as their first secondary in the game - its not "mastery fodder". and the Heat Dagger is actually not bad for a dagger weapon, especially against flesh targets.

There isn't really much diversity between the vast majority of weapons imo. I think most weapons are mastery fodder. You think differently. You are obviously the meta player compared to me though, I think everything is mastery fodder unless I like it, you seem to meta it out a lot more.

There isn't really much diversity between the vast majority of weapons imo. I think most weapons are mastery fodder. You think differently. You are obviously the meta player compared to me though, I think everything is mastery fodder unless I like it, you seem to meta it out a lot more.

I believe the majority of the weapons in this game can be good and viable. How is that thinking with the current general meta?

I believe the majority of the weapons in this game can be good and viable. How is that thinking with the current general meta?

Because you are looking at reasons to use a weapon based on "viable" and "good", and not fun with a cool particle effect or w/e, which makes you clearly thinking of meta compared to me. Then you try to berate players because they 2meta5you and yet it turns out they don't even care about meta. 

Because you are looking at reasons to use a weapon based on "viable" and "good", and not fun with a cool particle effect or w/e, which makes you clearly thinking of meta compared to me. Then you try to berate players because they 2meta5you and yet it turns out they don't even care about meta. 

Sorry, but uh - no. I don't use a weapon just because it can be viable or not. I make those fun weapons BE viable, that's the entirety of the point of my statement. Running around with dual daggers is fun. Is it viable? It can be - but people don't believe it can. I do. Stop trying to twist my words around.

Sorry, but uh - no. I don't use a weapon just because it can be viable or not. I make those fun weapons BE viable, that's the entirety of the point of my statement. Running around with dual daggers is fun. Is it viable? It can be - but people don't believe it can. I do. Stop trying to twist my words around.

Stop trying to twist mine around. Not everyone who doesn't like every weapon in the game is a meta humper. All this talk of making viable builds, ie meta compliant builds, while not being meta, while complaing that people only play meta is getting a little silly to me.

Edited by Ghogiel

Stop trying to twist mine around. Not everyone who doesn't like every weapon in the game is a meta humper. All this talk of making viable builds, ie meta compliant builds, while not being meta, while complaing that people only play meta is getting a little silly to me.

I never said any of that. Now you're putting words in my mouth. Not once did I say I wanted to make a "meta compliant" build. A viable build to me = being fun and interesting while still holding their own. Building an Ember pure fireball build with no weapons is viable to me. "Arch Angel" builds that have high survivability to revive other players but extremely low damage output is viable to me.  Pure pacifying bolts build for Nyx is viable to me (I was doing that before Mogamu made a vid on it).

That's the real problem. You think "viable" doesn't have to be fun. You're wrong.