The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Datamined Mission Rewards Are Bad. If True, Please Change Them.

Kyrkitao

Then they should make cash reasonably. Ruining community trust is not a clever idea for a long-term commitment. You don't want your players to come in, spend money, get a bad taste and run off forever. Also, a happy customer is a returning customer. An unhappy customer tells one friend, that tells another friend, etc. I don't hate DE, I just don't want to see this get any worse.

It's  F2P game.... why are you spending money first?

did you even read the OP?

this entire thread is about end of mission rewards.

exactly

why should I talk about mob drops if the topic is clearly about mission rewards?

please read the OP first, then think what you want to say, then read again what you wrote, and then think again, in your case you should ask other people to read your stuff first before you post anything

exactly

why should I talk about mob drops if the topic is clearly about mission rewards?

please read the OP first, then think what you want to say, then read again what you wrote, and then think again, in your case you should ask other people to read your stuff first before you post anything

yep

Edited by Fiyabwal

are you damaged?

do you need help?

what you wrote makes absolutly no sense.

"why should I talk about mob drops if the topic is clearly about mission rewards?"

you shouldn't

"please read the OP first"

but i did, thats how i knew this thread way about end of mission rewards.

you seem angry for no reason.

like actually mentally hindered angry

I didn't attack you at all o.O, I was actually agreeing to you o.O

the second part was directed to the guy you've quoted o.O

Edited by SeiraSunmin

A) Yes you do, try running M Prime a few times.

B) They turn up in Defence missions but other than that I don't know so you're probably right.

b)

I've gotten Omni Ammo Boxes from random rewards ? missions and log in. You can get it from alot of sources.

I didn't attack you at all o.O, I was actually agreeing to you o.O

the second part was directed to the guy you've quoted o.O

ahh, forgive me then

you should slip the second quote in there, just start a new paragraph, then go find the post and hit it's quote button, it'll put the seconds quote after your firs half of a response

gonna edit mine out  because i feel silly now.

ahh, forgive me then

you should slip the second quote in there, just start a new paragraph, then go find the post and hit it's quote button, it'll put the seconds quote after your firs half of a response

gonna edit mine out  because i feel silly now.

haha I don't mind I just thought writing exactly was enough that I was agreeing to you xD

Remember that the drop rates have not always been that low, do you think this loot tables also reflects the drop chance?

I feel really sorry for new players that are trying to farm mods

I'd say that loot tables are even more ridiculous. Simply because of the amount of the possible drop (Any mob can drop any mod). So Multishot 0.15% Chance of being a Wave Reward must be like 0.1% Drop Chance as a picked up loot.

And that would explain why people with more than 200 hours played have never dropped Multishots. It's next-to-impossible.

And here is the problem: The best mod in the game should be a reward for your skill/progress. Right now it's just one lucky roll with ridiculous chance. I don't "feel" rewarded when I pick up Multishot. I did not achieved anything, it was just a mindless grind of Xini and RNG luck.

Should it really be this way?

Edited by Sideway

I do not claim to believe or disbelieve in this supposed datamined information.

I will say that perhaps RNG isn't the best thing to use on mission rewards. Drops I'm okay with. They're drops. Perhaps less junk in the pool would be a good step to improving the drops as far as the RNG goes...

But the actual, honest to goodness, rewards shouldn't be based on luck to the point where you can get a box of ammo for a reward. That's not a reward. That's a discount, and barely that.

How? Well we get credits for our time, don't we? We certainly aren't paying platinum for our credits. (Most of us.)

Perspective on the words you've just read in-case you disagree :

A rifle ammo box is 1000 credits.

The usual alert gives you an extra 2000 credits.

A normal mission is usually around 1.2K if you're not really even trying to increase the amount by collecting drops.

So. I did a defense mission. I got a Rifle Ammo Box ( 1000 credits) or a Cipher (Which costs 250 credits?)

[sarcasm]Yay. [/sarcasm]

Make the 'That was a tier 1 mission.' argument if you want. You won't get a reply. That was my piece.

Edited by Hauteclere

I do not claim to believe or disbelieve in this supposed datamined information.

I will say that perhaps RNG isn't the best thing to use on mission rewards. Drops I'm okay with. They're drops. Perhaps less junk in the pool would be a good step to improving the drops as far as the RNG goes...

But the actual, honest to goodness, rewards shouldn't be based on luck to the point where you can get a box of ammo for a reward. That's not a reward. That's a discount, and barely that.

How? Well we get credits for our time, don't we? We certainly aren't paying platinum for our credits. (Most of us.)

Perspective on the words you've just read in-case you disagree :

A rifle ammo box is 1000 credits.

The usual alert gives you an extra 2000 credits.

A normal mission is usually around 1.2K if you're not really even trying to increase the amount by collecting drops.

So. I did a defense mission. I got a Rifle Ammo Box ( 1000 credits) or a Cipher (Which costs 250 credits?)

[sarcasm]Yay. [/sarcasm]

Make the 'That was a tier 1 mission.' argument if you want. You won't get a reply. That was my piece.

Just wanted to add, a Cipher is worth less than 250 credits, it's actually only worth 62.5 because Ciphers come in packs of 4 for 250 credits.

Haha 0.5% drop chance for a latron prime receiver (which they said was common didn't they?) unless you get a tier 3 void key, which you only have 0.15% chance to get from a defense mission = NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE.

I only wish someone else than DE had made this game, great game, terrible developers who only think about how to squeeze every last penny out of their players.

Edited by Mikki79

Definition of miracle:

1) A surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is considered to be divine.

2) A highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment.

Depending on where you put the line, you could consider getting T3 key from defence missions a miracle. 

You have better chance of surviving getting shot in the head. You get people calling that miracle all the time.

I'd better go sacrifice a goat now.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Just a guess after experimenting/multiple defenses in different locations: 

Tier 1 Defense rewards: Enemy levels 1-15
Tier 2 Defense rewards: Enemy levels 15-30
Tier 3 Defense rewards: Enemy levels 30+
Edited by Nillard

Haha 0.5% drop chance for a latron prime receiver (which they said was common didn't they?) unless you get a tier 3 void key, which you only have 0.15% chance to get from a defense mission = NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE.

We dont know how exactly this system works, moving it to the common pool doesnt necessarily means that it gains a bigger drop percentages, it could mean that it was moved from the Rare loot table to the common loot table but in that common table it is still rare.

I only wish someone else than DE had made this game, great game, terrible developers who only think about how to squeeze every last penny out of their players.

Who isnt trying to make money with their games?

It's been pointed out a few times in this thead, but to be clear: The poster chose a poor title for this thread. He should have copied the title of the Reddit page as well as copying the entire post (also I hope he's updated the numbers because the very original reddit post had errors that the poster there fixed).

These are not "drop rates", which makes it sound like these are the "rates that mods drop" from mobs. No. These are rates at which you get a *reward* from running a mission, and the table that the game pulls these rewards and percentage chance of is called the "drop table".

These tables make no sense.

a) you don't get mods as mission rewards, you pick them up during the mission. I've been told that the "Daily win bonus" is a mod, but I'm not sure if it's true.

b) You don't get "omni ammo box" Ever during missions, period. Not for the reward, not as a drop during the level, nothing. It's exclusively a reward for Defence or the daily login (Aside from being purchased of course)

It makes me curious as to the validity of anything.

Actually thats not true. On rare occasion i've gotten them along with other consumables on random mission rewards. Rarely though. Even on spy missions.