Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Lore Confirms What Happened To The Orokin?

Thalahssalyst

Okie-dokie. Time to dust out this thread a bit. 

Watched Second Dreams cutscenes once again and I had an enlightment.... 

Lotus is Margulis or ... at least she uses her body. Why? Dunno. 

Natah is the daughter of Hunhow, his "fragment". She was given a task but she didn't complete it. Mainly, she was destined by Hunhow to use the Tenno against the Orokin and then destroy them. Sentient could win against the Orokin but they had a problem with Tenno 'coz we r speciul, hehe. 

So that's why Hunhow devised such an evil plan, ho ho! *puts pinky on lower lip* So evil! 

Ok, but back to the point. He used the body of Margulis for her memory (coz she found a way to do this Transference and knew alot bout Tenno, they would listen to her or she had ice creams etc.) and injected his fragment (Natah) into the brain of this dead body (or just put a helmet on it's head ... one that Lotus wears ya know). Dead Margulis' body became a puppet of flesh and Natah is controlling it via brain/fancy helmet. Booyah!

What's more? Let me think. Something must have gone wrong and the maternal instinct/feeleing of Margulis towards Tenno were somehow mixed with Natah, Natah started to create her own personality ... different than Hunhows, started to have feelings etc. Booyah! x2

Instead of destroying the Tenno after making them do the dirty job she put them so sleep so she could hide them from Hunhows eyes. Hunhow thinks everythings ok, they are terminated (but theyh are sleepin', ha ha ha) and goes sleepin' too. System broken. Natah is no longer a sentient and no longer Margulis, she then names herself Lotus and starts doing things ... with sleepin' Tennos or sth like that. 

Then Grineer clone themselves like crazy, we need to wake up coz clonning is bad, Infestation breaks out of slumber too, Sentients, everyone wakes up after millenia of sleeping ... man! Kinda long naps they take in Warframe universe. END. 

I think a theory is that the Sentient Natah somehow adopted Margulis' body... perhaps it replicated it, or literally possessed her remains... this is mostly drawn from the two having similar roles (the sole defender of the Tenno children) and supposedly they are both voiced by Rebecca (although I didn't notice this personally). Therefore, while Natah is not literally Margulis, she's almost like a reincarnation.

That being said, from the Mirage Quest, we know that The Lotus was present during the conflict with the Sentients in her role as a guide, not after. Therefore, I don't think the timeline really holds up.

Maybe they hadn't even decided yet what to do with the plot when that happened. The Lotus used to talk in plural, as if she was merely a representative of an organization, now she is THE Lotus. The Lore isn't handled pretty well.

Maybe they hadn't even decided yet what to do with the plot when that happened. The Lotus used to talk in plural, as if she was merely a representative of an organization, now she is THE Lotus. The Lore isn't handled pretty well.

I disagree. The plot holes are minimal, if any, and can be attributed to dialogue for the most part. The lore is handled much better than most of the other games on market today.

Long long time ago Lotus was an organisation.

Theb DE retconned it and turned the organisation called lotus into the single lotus we have now.

Ok.. Here we go.

Our Tenno was on the ship mentioned in the Ember (Prime?) codex. The one that jumped into the void, S#&$ hit the fan, and we got stuck their for years by our selves. Something happened to the adults (I'm going to assume death) and only the kids remain.

They get recovered, and have powers that they had little control over. Margulis (Who at one point got blinded by the Tenno) loved them and wanted to find a way to control their powers. But she gets killed by the Orokin (personally not sure why yet), and then they use her research to build the Warframes.

The Warframes are strong enough to be able to control the powers of the Tenno, and the Tenno control the Warframes from the transference machines.

Something happens with the Sentient and they turn on the Orokin, and in desperation the Orokin turn to the Tenno. The old war is fought, sentients are defeated, and the Orokin celebrate the Tenno. I'm guessing the Tenno didn't forget their horrid treatment and kill the Orokin. The remaining Orokin flee, and become the Corpus we know today

Edit: Just some additions because I did leave some bits out.

After we kill the Orokin, The warframes go into cryosleep. They sleep for I don't know how long. During this, the Grineer (Who where slave workers for the Orokin) rise up and fight for control of the Origin system (The one we play in) The Grineer blame the Tenno/Warframe for their horrible treatment, (I think. This might be wrong) and seek to kill them off.

The Lotus is the daughter of Hunhow. And was left by the sentients to kill the Tenno while they sleep. But because of some thing I don't know, she became....Sterile? Not sure. Instead of killing the Tenno, she views them as her children. She chooses to protect them and lead them instead of listening to her father (Daddy issues much Lotus?)

Please correct me if I got any of this wrong.

Actually I'd amend only one point.

The sentients in a last bid to over through the Orokin made Natah to mimic Margulis and sway the Tenno into getting revenge on the Orokin.

Which was the easy part.

Natah however grew attached during the rebellion and opted instead of killing us hid our pods on the moon and then our warframe all over system.

After shifting the moon into the void we became almost impossible to kill, baring extreme trama to the warframe we inhabit at the time.

Looking at you Mirage.

Natah becomes the Lotus in honor of Margulis and waits till we are needed.

From what I could tell it was before the war started

Zariman 10-0 was sent to colonize Tau Ceti. The Sentients attacked from Tau Ceti, so Zariman 10-0 was lost before the war. Plus there's this line from Excalibur Prime's codex:

These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors.

Rejects. The ones that the Orokin had already tried to euthanize. They were pulled out of the warehouse of the condemned and sent to kill the newer threat

I'm beginning to suspect the Zariman children are from

A different ERA (void era) and that military scientists were desperate to find ANYTHING to combat the Sentients and pull the Orokin Empire back from the brink of collapse.

I propose that the Initial transference in the Rhino Codex happened TOTALLY by accident.

The Zariman was being used because it was safely tucked away in the void and it was ANCIENT and The Sentients had no knowledge of it or way to infiltrate it via networking.

Protorhino (perhaps an attempt to weaponize infested flesh encased in the "bones" of Sentients using Technocyte ?) was the active experiment that had broken free and gone on a killing spree; the Tenno children were uncontrollable Void Reactors that killed everything that came near them with radiation. Cryopod stasis protected the crew.

This was the genesis for the "Margulis" events.

Ok.. Here we go.

Our Tenno was on the ship mentioned in the Ember (Prime?) codex. The one that jumped into the void, S#&$ hit the fan, and we got stuck their for years by our selves. Something happened to the adults (I'm going to assume death) and only the kids remain.

They get recovered, and have powers that they had little control over. Margulis (Who at one point got blinded by the Tenno) loved them and wanted to find a way to control their powers. But she gets killed by the Orokin (personally not sure why yet), and then they use her research to build the Warframes.

The Warframes are strong enough to be able to control the powers of the Tenno, and the Tenno control the Warframes from the transference machines.

Something happens with the Sentient and they turn on the Orokin, and in desperation the Orokin turn to the Tenno. The old war is fought, sentients are defeated, and the Orokin celebrate the Tenno. I'm guessing the Tenno didn't forget their horrid treatment and kill the Orokin. The remaining Orokin flee, and become the Corpus we know today

After we kill the Orokin, The warframes go into cryosleep. They sleep for I don't know how long. During this, the Grineer (Who where slave workers for the Orokin) rise up and fight for control of the Origin system (The one we play in) The Grineer blame the Tenno/Warframe for their horrible treatment, (I think. This might be wrong) and seek to kill them off.

The Lotus is the daughter of Hunhow. And was left by the sentients to kill the Tenno while they sleep. But because of some thing I don't know, she became....Sterile? Not sure. Instead of killing the Tenno, she views them as her children. She chooses to protect them and lead them instead of listening to her father (Daddy issues much Lotus?)

You hit the nail right in the head.

Only point I think you step a little over the line is that the Warframes were build after the war started, and after the Infested (a.k.a Tecnocyte virus) fail to fight the sentients.

Excalibro codex say something about the tenno were the last hope of the Orokin that were on desperation.

And I think our warframes are made on infested tissue.

I have no fuk clue about these "lotus is Margulis body ""ressurected"" by hunhow" teories ppl are saying everywhere.

Ok.. Here we go.

Only point I think you step a little over the line is that the Warframes were build after the war started, and after the Infested (a.k.a Tecnocyte virus) fail to fight the sentients.

Excalibro codex say something about the tenno were the last hope of the Orokin that were on desperation.

I have no fuk clue about these "lotus is Margulis body ""ressurected"" by hunhow" teories ppl are saying everywhere.

Ok.. Here we go.