The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Primed Fast Hands Really Worth It?

Ryouhi

I don't even use the normal version and i mean i even like to use Supra with it's huge reload time.

But losing Damage for a bit shorter reload time isn't really worth it is it and that's still not taking the huge investment that comes with a primed mod into consideration.

Any opinions on Primed fast hands?

I find how it makes certain weapons bearable to use, mostly snipers with their awful 3s (fast hands makes it fast enough to build a combo meter, reload and continue stacking meter) and weapons that are usually in constant use of reloads like the tonkor.

If you can deal with the long reload by taking cover or overwhelming enemies with damage then you could pass on it, otherwise it'll make alot of weapons feel better and have the utility of always having the option to top off your mags before taking anything on.

I don't think it is worth it unless you have so many cores and credits that you can't fit in your liset.  Regular Fast Hands is considerably cheaper to use in mod points as well as cost to max it.  Reload time gets diminishing returns from increasing reload speed so the difference between +30% reload speed and +55% reload speed on a Supra is 2.3 seconds or 1.9 seconds.  Personally, I hate reload times of 3 seconds.  It just feels too long for me.  However, I can accept 2.3 seconds for 7 points and a rank 5 common mod.  Shaving off 0.4 seconds by maxing a rank 10 legendary and spending Forma on the slot it'll go in doesn't seem worth it.  Any weapon with a lower reload time sees even less benefit and probably doesn't need either anyway.

EDIT:  Just checked the Wikia weapon comparisons for the worst reload speed, Gorgon at 4.2, Fast Hands brings it down to 3.2 and Primed Fast Hands takes it to 2.7 seconds.  So that's one weapon where I'd still not be happy with the regular Fast Hands but then again I have no reason to use a Gorgon since I have two better versions that both have reload time of 3 seconds, same as the Supra.

Edited by Katinka

I don't even use the normal version and i mean i even like to use Supra with it's huge reload time.

But losing Damage for a bit shorter reload time isn't really worth it is it and that's still not taking the huge investment that comes with a primed mod into consideration.

Any opinions on Primed fast hands?

Having faster reload can theoretically equal more dps - sustained dps (i.e. average dps over time, in combat) as opposed to raw dps (i.e. just while it's shooting).

Or rather, it can do depending on other factors that you have to really be a math nerd to be bothered working out. There are formulae for that type of thing. 

But I guess the numbers must not work out, otherwise people would be doing it.

My intuitive guess would be that for weapons with really long reloads it's probably equivalent to something like half a 60% elemental or something, so not quite enough to make it worthwhile.

I use it on very few weapons, but it's definitely worth it just for those few. I use it on Tonkor and Rakta Cernos, and I'd imagine it would be great with Vectis.

At least pick it up so you don't end up wanting it later.

Honestly I tested it on both vectis and vectis prime just to realize the rifle reload cap is on 0.5s and depleted reload takes you to 0,6 so totally not worth it

Because it buffs reload speed, instead of reload time, not really.

If you have a weapon with a long reload and you're in the middle of a fire fight, use it on a frame that has a one-handed power so you an still attack while reloading and/or switch to your secondary.

Only bow I use is Rakta Cernos, and it doesn't need it.

I like using fast hands (and quickdraw) on a few of my weapons.

...However, I also don't do endless missions, much less into the hour range.  I can kill many of my enemies solely with serration/hornet strike and fanged fusillade/maim equipped fairly quickly.

Reload speed mods are more "fun" mods than necessary mods.  You use them while $&*^ing around except in the more extreme cases, like AKMagnus, weapons with which you'll spend more time reloading than firing without reload speed. 

its not realistic to use and tbh it actuelly hurts more then helps. i have yet to see a gun worth putting it on other then bows, over damage mods and elementals. even the soma, boltor and tonkor which all seem to benifit from it cause bad reload times.... it just doesnt help imo

still collect it tho >:D

its not realistic to use and tbh it actuelly hurts more then helps. i have yet to see a gun worth putting it on other then bows, over damage mods and elementals. even the soma, boltor and tonkor which all seem to benifit from it cause bad reload times.... it just doesnt help imo

still collect it tho >:D

If i understand well this part "i have yet to see a gun worth putting it on other then bows" you put fast hand on a bow ? ... ?? ....... ??? "brain crash"