Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skies Of Gold [Ooc]

Aegia-

Welcome welcome one and all to a... Rather ambitious attempt at roleplaying. In fact, it may be one of most ambitious topics I've ever tried to get off the ground. In fact, it's precisely because of this that I have also enlisted the help of another (or a few others), as my co-GM(s). They're the ones mostly in charge of keeping things rolling and making sure nothing stagnates or spirals out of control so wildly we end up with an entirely different roleplay than when we started.

As is customary for most thread RPs, once your character is in it's not so easy to leave. So until the thread is over, strap in and put on your RP hats.

"Ah, but Starnsy, you stunningly handsome yet absolute madman, just what is this grandiose roleplay idea you've hinted at?"

Thank you and good question, fictional thread-member, but flattery will get you nowhere.

I'm gonna put this in bold, all of it, so nobody can tell me that they didn't see the abstract and tell me they didn't see the idea.

Far, far in the past, before the Second Dream... Before even the First Dream, there was the Orokin Empire. A shining beacon of gold in the Solar System. Their technological masterpieces were unrivaled in their construction and beauty. But yet, the more advanced they became, the greater the threat of the Sentients became. This is the Old War, and it happens on two fronts: Out on the battlefield of Jupiter's moon Europa, and back home on Orbital Station Capitus III, half submerged in Jupiter's gas shell, where political strife and shadowy groups of Orokin conspire to overthrow one another for their own gain. Amongst all of this, the looming threat of the Sentients is always ever present, and no one can truly escape such a fate.

So, you got that? This is an RP taking place way back when, during the Orokin Era, pre-collapse, during the height of the Old War.

AS A DISCLAIMER, THIS IS USING THE CANON THAT IS TENNO IN WARFRAMES, RATHER THAN TENNO AS REMOTELY CONTROLLED PLATFORMS BY OPERATORS. OPERATORS ARE IN THEIR WARFRAMES.

Right below this will be a neat little piece that's both suitably epic and introduces what exactly is going on.

Opening Message

<Audio log of Lorist Efacian>

<Begin>

-he first Tenno were accidents, yes... Fortuitous accidents. Ones that will help us turn the tide of the blasted war in our favor. Since the Zariman Incident, we've made so many, mangled so many... All in the hope that we'll see the end of this conflict in our lifetime. We've decided to take these Tenno, the ones we've had trained, the masters of the Old Ways. We've grouped them all together in hopes that they can take the fight and turn the tide.

Some have even taken to calling them our "Gilded Champions." A fitting name for them, but I can't say that they very much care for such monikers. It is however, far too dangerous to have our finest warriors concentrated on a single objective of such offensive capacities. The Sentients continue to, attack our forces on the planet below, and with little else in the way of reinforcements, we are forced to split our regiment of Tenno to deal with this. Our Dax can only do so much. The group down on the planet has come to be known by the name of the "Steel Aegis." 

What it is with our people and nicknames, I shall never understand.

The most unusual aspect of our defensive ground force is that they seem to have integrated the Grineer as frontline fighters, of all things. What use that slave race could have beyond walking shields are beyond me, but we'll take what we can get at this point.

Stars help us... We'll get through this War if it kills us.

<End of audio log>

Description of Groups

So here we have 3 main groups in this thread that the story centers around, we have the Gilded Champions, the Steel Aegis, and an unnamed group of morally questionable Orokin stationed on Orbital Station Capitus III.

The best part is that you can be a part of any of them.

First off, the Gilded Champions:

These are a highly skilled group of both Tenno and the best of the best Dax Soldiers handpicked by the Tenno themselves. Many Gilded Champions display a strange predilection towards Syandanas and other regalia, but all are marked by an icon upon their left shoulders bearing a golden sword wreathed in laurels. They are the foremost strike force for the Orokin in the war against the Sentients, many times taking on missions that are... well, frankly, completely suicidal, but strike crippling blows against the enemy.

Secondly, the Steel Aegis:

This mixed group, made up of Tenno, Dax soldiers, and Grineer slaves are the only thing that keeps Europa from becoming the site of another Sentient slaughter. Being such a splintered group, they have very little in the ways of colors or regalia that marks them as unified. Save for the insignia upon their left shoulder they bare, a Steel shield, cracked, but sturdy, draped in golden silk. They are tasked with defending the many strategic points on Europa from Sentient incursion.

and lastly, the shady, unnamed Orokin:

Not much to say about this one I'm afraid. It is made up exclusively up of some of the upper echelon of Orokin chosen to oversee matters on Capitus III. The most important thing of note is that none of them seem to trust each other, and nearly all of them are out for blood in the hopes of raising themselves to a higher position of power. All under the guise of having the best interests at heart for the Orokin Empire.

Locations of Great Importance on Capitus III

So imagine if you will, a large Orokin Tower partially submerged within Jupiter's gas shell about 2/3rds of the way in and you've got a rough idea of how Capitus II looks. The interior is divided into 5 floors, if you will. 1 being the bottom floor, the furthest submerged in Jupiter, and 5 being exposed to space proper.

On Floor 1, you have all manner of maintenance-esque rooms and items. Ranging from reactors to life support. If it keeps the station running, you'll find it on Floor 1.

Floor 2 Is home to the armory, if it kills something, or prevents you from being killed by something, you'll find it here. Weapons, armor, and all things dakka can be found here.

Floor 3, being the closest to the surface is home to what could be called a recreation area of sorts. It's a place where you go to relax or at the very least, get something to eat before you're sent off to Europa.

Floor 4, the first floor to be exposed to open space, is home to the massive weapon batteries aboard Capitus III. Massive railguns, lasers and more can be called for to quickly respond to any threat imposed upon the station. If it's used to punch through capital ships, it's here.

Floor 5 is home to the board rooms and judgement halls. It is here that you can find many members of the Orokin Elite, constantly going about their... Schemes and whatnot.

Of course this is just a very broad overview of what can be found on each floor. A more complete diagram will be introduced soon.

RULES

Yes, rules. I want this to be fun, but I also want it to be enjoyable and somewhat regulated to prevent any... Silliness. So as such I'm gonna appropriate some rules from others I've come to respect.

1)      There is no such thing as a Revive

a. To prevent any possible abuse of gameplay mechanics in an RP setting, characters that are killed through normally irreversible means will remain dead.  Space magic does not protect you from a bullet through the medulla oblongata.

b. Except in cases of Oro abuse (see below).

2)      Tenno are people

a. In the sense that outside of the Warframes, they appear as Technocyte-touched men and women infused with the power of the Void.

b. Corollary:  Non-Tenno characters.  For the sake of general sanity, it is preferred that player characters be Tenno.  However, you may petition the GM for permission to use Syndicate or other non-Tenno characters.  Non-Tenno characters will be expected to behave in a manner befitting their background and/or factional allegiances.  Writers are heavily discouraged from using Grineer, Corpus, or heavens-forbid, Infested.

3)      Warframes are suits

a. The natural corollary of “Tenno are people”; warframes are techno-organic battle suits, not remote-controlled platforms or bio-robotic golems animated by Oro.

4)      The Lotus is not evil

a. She may have been born from a Sentient, but Space Mom is still Space Mom.  Your characters are free to hold whatever beliefs they like; just know that in this setting, the Lotus’ intentions are truly in the Tenno’s best interests.

5)      Oro

a. In this setting, it is a combination of the Tenno’s consciousness and Void energy reserves, essentially equivalent to a soul. 

b. GM’S DISCRETION ONLY:  The ONLY way this may save your character from death is if the Oro is given sanctuary by a willing host IMMEDIATELY after the character’s “death.”  The host character will have to deal with two personalities living in their head, and will only be allowed to host the Oro with the GM’s express approval.  Other restrictions may apply.  This DOES NOT grant the host character access to the passenger’s skills, powers, or Void energy reserves.  Passengers cannot “take over” in the event that their host is knocked out, killed, or otherwise incapacitated; the only arena in which they have any agency is on the mental plane, where they may speak to their host or anyone in telepathic contact. 

6)      Cephalons

a. Cephalons are fully-realized AI constructs that require massive computing power to run.  Therefore, Tenno cannot carry a Cephalon or fork of a Cephalon into the field.  The smallest mobile platform that can house a Cephalon is a Liset-class dropship or Orbiter.

b. Exception:  Unless the Cephalon is “frozen” on a stable storage medium.  Cephalons in this state are “dead” until “revived” on a system with sufficient energy and processing power to house them.

7)      Homebrew frames

a. Don’t do it.  Just don’t. 

b. Exception: genderbent frames.  These are allowed, with the GM’s approval, as long as they aren’t fetishized.  HOWEVER, it is assumed that things like female Rhinos and male Novas are EXTREMELY rare, and will thus be greeted with a mixture of surprise and confusion by other characters.

8)      Homebrew weapons

a. Okay so this may be one of the only things I adjust to slightly fit with this thread in particular. Whilst normally I'd say homebrew weapons are a definite no-no, this is during the time of the Old War, and since then, many things may have been lost or simply put out of production. I WILL allow homebrew weapons only if you have them okayed through either me or a co-GM beforehand. I like to encourage creativity, and you'll notice I've also been a bit silly with some weapons for this thread.

b. Corollary:  Unconventional Loadouts.  It is preferred that you limit yourself to the standard in-game Primary/Secondary/Melee setup or some variation thereof.  However, you may petition the GM for permission to use other weapon combinations, as long as you do not exceed the hard limit of three “weapon sets.”  You may not take more than two sets worth of any one weapon class, with the exception of Primaries (see below).

i. 1 Primary – 1 set, 1.5 sets if taken with another Primary

ii. 1 Secondary – 1 set

iii. Dual Secondaries – 1 set, cannot be taken with another Dual Secondaries.

iv. Thrown Secondaries – as Dual Secondaries

v.  1 Two-handed Melee -- 1 set, cannot be take with another Two-handed or Long Melee

vi. 1 Long Melee – 1 set

vii.  Dual Melee – 1 set, cannot be taken with another Dual Melee

viii. 1 Short Melee – 1 set, counts as a Dual Melee if taken with an identical short Melee

ix. Thrown Melee – as Short Melee

9)      Homebrew equipment

a. GM’S DISCRETION ONLY:  The technology of Warframe is poorly defined and even more poorly understood.  To reflect this, characters are allowed to innovate new equipment.  However, all equipment will be subject to approval by the GM and other thread members before introduction.

10)  Power Use 

a. Power use outside the warframes is naturally limited and very difficult.  Attempts to do so carry an inherent risk of critical existence failure for you and anything around you.

b. Power use inside the warframes generally follows gameplay mechanics.

c. “Power tricks”: These are ONLY allowed with the GM’s express approval.  While inside their warframe, characters may attempt to use their powers in new and inventive ways, such as charging a battery with Volt’s Shock or using Ash’s Shuriken as a makeshift scalpel.  All such attempts will carry inherent risk of arbitrary failure.

d. Focus

a. As noted above, in this continuity, Tenno are people and Warframes are suits.  Therefore, Operators, such as they are, exist within their Warframes. 

b. The Focus Lens is treated as a way in which a Tenno can stably manifest their Oro outside their body for a limited time. This is NOT the same as being an out-of-frame Tenno.

c. The body MAY still be damaged while Focus is active.  Damage sustained to the physical body while Focus is active is automatically reduced, and a set amount will be automatically regenerated when the Oro returns to the body.  However, damage to the body may, at the GM’s discretion, affect the duration and power of your Focus, or in extreme cases, lead to character death.

d. Passive Focus buffs may be activated without entering full Focus, but will always wear off over time, and cannot be maintained indefinitely.  Sorry Naramon folks, no eternal invisibility for you.

11)  Timeline/Lore

a. ALL warframes existed in some form or other during the Orokin era.  “New” warframes like Zephyr and Nova were rebuilt using rediscovered technology, or refined from prototypes.

b. No Tenno knows exactly how long the Long Sleep from the Collapse to the present spanned.  It is assumed to be centuries at best, millennia at worst.  Anyone else who does know, isn’t telling.

i.

The Long Sleep in this setting was proper cryosleep, not the Transference-induced in medias res of the Second Dream

c.  All in-game event represent actual points on the Warframe timeline, and will be tracked according to the progress of the RP.

d.  At the GM’s discretion, certain changes appropriate to the setting and RP-specific lore may be made to established factions or events.

12)  Gameplay vs. Roleplay

a.  Certain elements of gameplay simply don’t make sense in a roleplaying context.  These include but are not limited to:

i. Visible When Holstered on/off:  All weapons are always visible when carried or holstered.  No additional weapons may be held in Gear storage.

ii. Focus Invulnerability:  It’s really no fun for the enemy when you leave your body on the ground and start laying into them with an invulnerable energy form.  Your body can still take damage while in Focus (see above).

iii.

Operators.  Second Dream was amazing, but it left us RPers with a bit of a dilemma.  To preserve the essence of personal interaction in RP, Operators exist within their Warframes (see above)

b. Certain elements of roleplaying simply don’t make sense in a gameplay context.  These include but are not limited to:

i.  A Trinity storing small medical tools in her over-sized fauld.  Not far-fetched for a medic-frame, but not practical in-game.

c. Questions of Gameplay vs. Roleplay may be debated by all thread members, but will be finalized by the GM.

Addendum:  Thread Procedures

1)      Petitioning the GM

a. You may petition via the OoC thread on the forums, the GM’s Private Message box, or the chatango page.

b. Be prepared to explain why you and/or your character should be allowed the exception for which you are applying.  Consider how this deviation from the norm has affected the character, especially as an element of their backstory, their fighting style, and/or their interactions with others.

c. The GM reserves the right to make all petitions public for discussion among thread members.

d. The GM’s decision is final.  Repeated and egregious acts of defiance, incivility, and/or disruption in both OoC and IC contexts may result in arbitrary character death.

2)      Interacting with fellow RPers

a. An RP is a collaborative effort.  Treat your fellow writers with the respect and civility they are due.

b. Have fun.  It’s why we’re all here, crafting an online story when we could be out interacting with other human beings.

c. Always strive to improve.  Thread members are encouraged to read and offer constructive critiques on other writers’ posts.  It is the job of the writer to be open to such critiques, and the job of the critics to ensure that they are delivered in a tactful and appropriate manner.

List of Available Weaponry/Gear

Seeing as how this thread takes place during the Old War, during the era of the Orokin Empire, some weapons and other techy things we've all come to know and love most likely don't exist yet. I've taken it upon myself to create a list of the things that DO exist, so don't worry your pretty little head about that. There are a few weapons that I've also come up with, mostly melee, based off of synthesis imprints and other lore.

Available Primary Weapons:

-Attica

-Boar/Prime

-Boltor/Prime

-Braton/Prime

-Burston/Prime

-Cernos

-Daikyu

-Latron/Prime

-Panthera

-Paris/Prime

-Soma/Prime

-Strun

-Sybaris

-Tiberon

-Tigris

-Vectis/Prime

Available Secondary Weapons:

-A/Furis

-Ak/Bolto

-Ak/Bronco/Prime

-Ak/Jagara
-Ak/lato

-Ak/Lex

-Ak/Magnus

-Ak/Somati

-Ak/Stiletto

-Ak/Vasto

-Ak/Zani

-Ballistica

-Azima

-Sicarus/Prime

-Pyrana

-Castanas

-Hikou/Prime

-Kunai

-Spira

-Talons

Available Melee Weapons:

-Cronus

-Dex/Dakra Prime

-Skana/Prime

-Jaw Sword

-Pangolin Sword

-Dark Sword

-Heat Sword

-Ether Sword

-Plasma Sword

-Slizekor (Plasma Cutter)

-Ceramic Dagger

-Dark Dagger

-Karyst

-Ether Daggers

-Fang/Prime

-Silva and Aegis

-Orthos/Prime

-Tonbo

-Glaive/Prime

-Kestrel

-Galatine

-Gram

-Kruvas (Plasma Shovel)

-Grynka (Grinder Saw)

-Scindo/Prime

-Nikana/Dragon

-Anku

-Ether Reaper

-Reaper Prime

-Redeemer

-Lacera

-Dual Ether

-Dual Heat Swords

-Dual Kamas/Prime

-Dual Raza

-Dual Skana

-Dual Zoren

-Nami Skyla

-Kama

-Nami Solo

-Ankyros/Prime

-Tekko

-Kogake

-Bo/Prime

-Tipedo

-Fragor

-Magistar

-Venka

-Boltace

-Kronen

-Ninkondi

*Bolded weapons are homebrew based off of synthesis imprints, ask Starnsy for information

Available Archwing and Weapons:

-Odonata/Prime

-Itzal

-Elytron

-Corvas

-Dual Decurion

-Imperator

-Phaedra

-Centaur

-Kaszas

-Rathbone

-Veritux

Character Sheet Template

For the sake of organization, I urge that you use this template when submitting a character. You are free to add categories to it if you need to. The available races to play are Tenno, Orokin, and Grineer.

Name: 

Race: 

Warframe (If applicable): 

Loadout: 

Appearance: 

Warframe Appearance (If applicable): 

Personality:

Bio and History: 

And last but certainly not least, here is our chatango page which is primarily used for OOC discussions. Moderated by the very lovely fishworshipper. While it is not required to be a part of, it is where most OOC discussion will take place if not here in this thread.

http://skiesofgold.chatango.com/

I wish you all happy RPing, and please PM me or post questions here in the thread if you have any. Go, submit your characters! Frolic and be merry!

Edited by Starnsy_Warnsy

I'll definately join! I'll need a tick to work on a profile.

Name: Raphael

Race: Tenno -Formerly Human-

Warframe (If applicable): Loki

Loadout: Sybaris, Somati, Nikana

Appearance: Outside his Warframe, Raphael keeps his dirty blonde hair short and spikey, he's somewhat muscular but also slender in body structure and his skin is pale as ice but the Technocyte in his body has caused his spine and biceps to become metallic in texture.

Warframe Appearance (If applicable): A slender Knave Loki with a mixture of Blue, Silver and Oak Brown as his colours 

MZ4dycA.jpg

Personality: Often friendly, cheerful and compassionate to his fellow Tenno, Raphael also has been to be gentlemanly to his fellow female Tenno and often to some male Tenno also, despite this, Raphael has a deep hate for the Sentients and is often quite cold in conversation about them.

Brief Bio and History: Raphael is as said by most Orokin noble circles, A Man with polite manners and an even more faster sword and gun hand, He rose from a life of noble service to become one of the Tenno of the Gilded champions for his endurance, speed and adaptability in combat and preference for tricks and traps against his enemies

There are rumours however that he also may have had a romantic affair with one of the testers and instructors during his training and his evaluation.

Edited by Drakeardian

Aw, Starnsy, I'm flattered.  I never thought my rules would see use in an actual RP thread before Rest for the Wicked gets off the ground.  I don't think I'll be joining you any time soon, what with Lotus in Bloom still on my plate, but I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this thread.  

Also, as a favor, would you mind pointing out any particular places that you find my ruleset lacking as the thread goes on?  I would love the opportunity to polish and improve it further.

First...Great Almighty that was like reading a legal document, but there a reason they're so detailed hence this. Second, I may join but since one of my actors are still pissed about something that happened a long time ago I have to choose the one that will attract the fewest twats and cause the least S#&amp;&#036; slinging. Yes it's a run on sentence, sue me.

Oh choices choices and bitter, caustic comments, such little time. Let me think about this after my brain escapes the dark room with the big warm burly man named "school"

Edited by Exoteran

Here it be.

Name: Uriel

Race: Tenno

Warframe (If applicable): Rhino Prime

Loadout: Primarily Ankyros Prime, also carries around a Vectis Prime to work with in quiet missions. Follows the Way of Vazarin.

Appearance: An intimidatingly tall and broad dark-skinned Operator. Uri's cheekbones are covered in spiky, metallic scales, he shaves himself bald, and he has bright yellow tattoos that cross over his eyes, which are grey.

Warframe Appearance (If applicable): Thrak (not Arcane) Helmet. Decorated with Edo Prime armour, with the Gilded Champions badge on his right shoulder plate. Primary colour off-white, bright yellow markings and energy.

Personality/Bio & History: Despite his Warframe and general appearance, Uri is soft-spoken and exceedingly polite, though this is to be expected from a Tenno of his standing. He was subjected to an intense training regimen that tested each of the Seven Principles to the greatest degree ever since he was first given his frame - his "true body", he believes.

Passing intellectual and Focus tests with flying colours, Uri was quickly made a part of the Gilded Champions, despite only above-average physical prowess. One of the reasons for this was his unwavering loyalty to the Orokin Empire and subservient disposition, but despite the great respect Uriel has for his commanders, whispers of abuse, enslavement, and unbridled cruelty are slowly making him doubt his allegiance to the Emperors.

Despite everything, Uriel is willing to take a stand in the name of the weak, for which he fights Sentient with unending determination.

Hmm.

Definitely ambitious. I will not lie, I myself have toyed with the idea of an Orokin era RP. The old empire fascinates me greatly, but we simply do not have the lore for me to feel comfortable doing so. However, you, my friend, you are a brave one. You have my respect, what little that means.

My one complaint though, is the Tenno in Warframe model. I was never a fan of that to begin with, to me, it's just... well, not very creative. I understand it's much easier to work with than the actual canon, but the space marine model is quite overused and dare I say it, cliche.

But it's YOUR thread, you have the right to use whatever canon you want!

Anyway, I'd like to join if you would have me, but know that sometimes it will take me a while to post. I go see some doctors regularly and my appointments run late on occasion. My apologies in advance.

With that out of the way, I have a single question: how would you feel if I introduce a Lorist?

I'm certain the Dax of the Steel Aegis could use a healer.

Hmm.

Definitely ambitious. I will not lie, I myself have toyed with the idea of an Orokin era RP. The old empire fascinates me greatly, but we simply do not have the lore for me to feel comfortable doing so. However, you, my friend, you are a brave one. You have my respect, what little that means.

My one complaint though, is the Tenno in Warframe model. I was never a fan of that to begin with, to me, it's just... well, not very creative. I understand it's much easier to work with than the actual canon, but the space marine model is quite overused and dare I say it, cliche.

But it's YOUR thread, you have the right to use whatever canon you want!

Anyway, I'd like to join if you would have me, but know that sometimes it will take me a while to post. I go see some doctors regularly and my appointments run late on occasion. My apologies in advance.

With that out of the way, I have a single question: how would you feel if I introduce a Lorist?

I'm certain the Dax of the Steel Aegis could use a healer.

May I inquire who this Lorist is?

May I inquire who this Lorist is?

No.

I got'cha! Should've seen the look on your face!

Here you go!

Name: Lorist Ayuta

Race: Orokin

Division: Steel Aegis

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 97lbs

Loadout: Lorist Ayuta carries no weapons. She is forbidden by the Empire to do so.

Appearance: Ayuta is a tall woman with gaunt and marred features. She has high cheekbones, a gently curving facial structure, almost sickly pale skin, and almond shaped dull grey eyes. Her cheeks cave ever so slightly inward, and her neck is thin. Her hair is colored an impossibly dark black and is short, resting atop her head with bangs that frame her face. On her temples are Lora nodes, protruding and sending metallic facia throughout her face. They glow with a very soft green hint almost invisible to the naked eye.

Physically, Ayuta is a very frail woman, weak and thin, she is not the definition of beauty the Orokin try hard to maintain among their ranks. Her limbs are thin, her ribs can be seen through her jumpsuit, and her face is rather gaunt. In addition to this, she has a Lora device embedded in her right palm, which sends lines of snaking metallic tissue through all parts of her body, connecting to the nodes on her temples, and other nodes embedded throughout herself.

Ayuta wears a very simple black and gray jumpsuit that covers her entire body, save for her head and palms. Compared to other Orokin garments, this one seems to be made to a lesser standard, but is nonetheless functional.

Personality: Lorist Ayuta is a very quiet and soft spoken woman, rarely ever speaking and spending most of her free time wandering the depths of her mind, playing out random scenarios and answering hypothetical questions she poses to herself. When she is not thinking, she is working to heal the soldiers she serves with. She is thorough and mechanical about her work, very efficient, there is no love in what she does, no hint of anything.

Because in reality, Lorist Ayuta is trapped beneath a mountain of sadness and despair. She feels empty, like a black void has swallowed her heart through and through. There is no emotion. Happiness is foreign, anger is unknown, and sadness is a fleeting friend. She doesn’t care about anything, not the men she heals, not the men who fall, not the war they fight. Nothing. She is a nihilist. She believes that nothing matters, that in the end, you are alone, utterly alone and that this will never change. Everyone is born simply to die.

She has lost everything.

So why fight?

Bio and History: Lorist Ayuta and her sister, Bilas were born for a singular purpose. They were to mend wounds, nothing more, nothing less. They did so very well, they were a perfect pair, psychically linked and best friends, they saved more lives with their combined effort than most could say. They traveled from front to front, battle to battle, had seen things that would reduce greater men to tears, and they persevered through everything, all the death and despair, and most of all, the prejudice.

Despite what they had done, the lives they had saved, they were hated. The Orokin were vain, obsessed with beauty and perfection. So when a Dax gazed upon their scarred faces, he would spit at them, he would berate them, and he would beg for mercy when his legs had been torn off. Despite this, though, the Sisters did not care. They were doing good things, were making a real difference, and they loved it.

Until Bilas was killed by a Sentient drone.

After that, after her one friend had been torn away, after she could no longer feel her sister’s joy, her fear, her anger, she changed. Bilas’ death had been an incredibly traumatic event that had almost driven her to madness. She stopped eating, grew thin and gaunt, and became absolutely dead inside, but she continued to do her work, not because she liked it, but because she had to. There was never a choice.

Eventually, the Empire moved her to Europa with the Steel Aegis so she could assist with the defense and perhaps raise morale. But Ayuta knew why they really had moved her. They moved her because she was not as effective as she was without Bilas, they moved her simply to dispose of her.

And for that, for the war, for the prejudice, for Bilas, she despises the Empire.

But she continues to heal the soldiers, because she has no choice. She never had.

EDIT: I've fixed several wording errors. Wording errors are bad.

If anyone finds more, please tell me.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

I'll definately join! I'll need a tick to work on a profile.

Name: Raphael

Race: Tenno -Formerly Human-

Warframe (If applicable): Frost

Loadout: Sybaris, Somati, Nami Solo

Appearance: Outside his Warframe, Raphael keeps his dirty blonde hair short and spikey, he's somewhat muscular but also slender in body structure and his skin is pale as ice but the Technocyte in his body has caused his spine and biceps to become metallic in texture.

Warframe Appearance (If applicable): A slender Frost with a Deep Blue coat and standard Frost helmet and black armoured leggings on his warframe, 

Personality: Often friendly, cheerful and compassionate to his fellow Tenno, Raphael also has been to be gentlemanly to his fellow female Tenno and often to some male Tenno also, despite this, Raphael has a deep hate for the Sentients and is often quite cold in conversation about them.

Bio and History: (WORK IN PROGRESS)

I swear if he doesn't have a rose in his mouth at all times I'll be severely disappointed.

But all jokes aside, everything looks good and I have no trouble accepting Raphael along, I'll just need a Bio and History before I can officially add him to the roster.

I'll also need you to choose for him which team he's along with.

Here it be.

Name: Uriel

Race: Tenno

Warframe (If applicable): Rhino Prime

Loadout: Primarily Ankyros Prime, also carries around a Vectis Prime to work with in quiet missions. Follows the Way of Vazarin.

Appearance: An intimidatingly tall and broad dark-skinned Operator. Uri's cheekbones are covered in spiky, metallic scales, he shaves himself bald, and he has bright yellow tattoos that cross over his eyes, which are grey.

Warframe Appearance (If applicable): Thrak (not Arcane) Helmet. Decorated with Edo Prime armour, with the Gilded Champions badge on his right shoulder plate. Primary colour off-white, bright yellow markings and energy.

Personality/Bio & History: Despite his Warframe and general appearance, Uri is soft-spoken and exceedingly polite, though this is to be expected from a Tenno of his standing. He was subjected to an intense training regimen that tested each of the Seven Principles to the greatest degree ever since he was first given his frame - his "true body", he believes.

Passing intellectual and Focus tests with flying colours, Uri was quickly made a part of the Gilded Champions, despite only above-average physical prowess. One of the reasons for this was his unwavering loyalty to the Orokin Empire and subservient disposition, but despite the great respect Uriel has for his commanders, whispers of abuse, enslavement, and unbridled cruelty are slowly making him doubt his allegiance to the Emperors.

Despite everything, Uriel is willing to take a stand in the name of the weak, for which he fights Sentient with unending determination.

All looks good here, cap'n. Will add Uri to the upcoming character list.

Name: Lorist Ayuta

Race: Orokin

Division: Steel Aegis

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 97lbs

Loadout: Lorist Ayuta carries no weapons. She is forbidden by the Empire to do so.

Appearance: Ayuta is a tall woman with gaunt and marred features. She has high cheekbones, a gently curving facial structure, almost sickly pale skin, and almond shaped dull grey eyes. Her cheeks cave ever so slightly inward, and her neck is thin. Her hair is colored an impossibly dark black and is short, resting atop her head with bangs that frame her face. On her temples are Lora nodes, protruding and sending metallic facia throughout her face. They glow with a very soft green hint almost invisible to the naked eye.

Physically, Ayuta is a very frail woman, weak and thin, she is not the definition of beauty the Orokin try hard to maintain among their ranks. Her limbs are thin, her ribs can be seen through her jumpsuit, and her face is rather gaunt. In addition to this, she has a Lora device embedded in her right palm, which sends lines of snaking metallic tissue through all parts of her body, connecting to the nodes on her temples, and other nodes embedded throughout her body.

Ayuta wears a very simple black and gray jumpsuit that covers her entire body, save for her head and palms. Compared to other Orokin garments, this one seems to be made to a lesser standard, but is nonetheless functional.

Personality: Lorist Ayuta appears to be a very quiet and soft spoken woman, rarely ever speaking and spending most of her free time wandering the depths of her mind, playing out random scenarios and answering hypothetical questions she poses to herself. When she is not thinking, she is working to heal the soldiers she serves with. She is thorough and mechanical about her work, very efficient, there is no love in what she does, no hint of anything.

Because in reality, Lorist Ayuta is trapped beneath a mountain of sadness and despair. She feels empty, like a black void has swallowed her heart through and through. There is no emotion. Happiness is foreign, anger is unknown, and sadness is a fleeting friend. She doesn’t care about anything, not the men she heals, not the men who fall, not the war they fight. Nothing. She is a nihilist. She believes that nothing matters, that in the end, you are alone, utterly alone and that this will never change. Everyone is born simply to die.

She has lost everything.

So why fight?

Bio and History: Lorist Ayuta and her sister, Bila were born for a singular purpose. They were to mend wounds, nothing more, nothing less. They did so very well, they were a perfect pair, psychically linked and best friends, they saved more lives with their combined effort than most could say. They traveled from front to front, battle to battle, had seen things that would reduce greater men to tears, and they persevered through everything, all the death and despair, and most of all, the prejudice.

Despite what they had done, the lives they had saved, they were hated. The Orokin were vain, obsessed with beauty and perfection. So when a Dax gazed upon their scarred faces, he would spit at them, he would berate them, and he would beg for mercy when his legs had been torn off. Despite this, though, the Sisters did not care. They were doing good things, were making a real difference, and they loved it.

Until Bilas was killed by a Sentient drone.

After that, after her one friend had been torn away, after she could no longer feel her sister’s joy, her fear, her anger, she changed. Bilas’ death had been an incredibly traumatic event that had almost driven her to madness. She stopped eating, grew thin and gaunt, and became absolutely dead inside, but she continued to do her work, not because she liked it, but because she had to. There was never a choice.

Eventually, the Empire moved her to Europa with the Steel Aegis so she could assist with the defense and perhaps raise morale. But Ayuta knew why they had really moved her. They moved her because she was not as effective as she was without Bilas, they moved her simply to dispose of her.

And for that, for the war, for the prejudice, for Bilas, she despises the Empire.

But she continues to heal the soldiers, because she has no choice. She never had.

A very interesting character, and I did not expect to have a non-Tenno so soon!

Nothing here looks out of place, and there's nothing for me to nitpick either. I'll add Ayuta into the upcoming character list on the main post.

A very interesting character, and I did not expect to have a non-Tenno so soon!

Nothing here looks out of place, and there's nothing for me to nitpick either. I'll add Ayuta into the upcoming character list on the main post.

I'm not a huge fan of Tenno. They don't really have novelty for me anymore. The Second Dream brought some of that back, but this thead does not follow that canon, and unfortunately I don't think very many will.

Besides, I bet there will be a ton of Tenno in this thread. Gotta have diversity!

Anyway, I'm glad to be onboard! I feel this will be quite the voyage. We are in uncharted waters, there will be much to explore, many new situations will arise, great things I'm certain.

Hopefully we can live up to that.

I'm not a huge fan of Tenno. They don't really have novelty for me anymore. The Second Dream brought some of that back, but this thead does not follow that canon, and unfortunately I don't think very many will.

Besides, I bet there will be a ton of Tenno in this thread. Gotta have diversity!

Anyway, I'm glad to be onboard! I feel this will be quite the voyage. We are in uncharted waters, there will be much to explore, many new situations will arise, great things I'm certain.

Hopefully we can live up to that.

Sorry to add to the derailment, Starnsy, I just have a question for (Sam?  Sorry, don't read binary).

How would you propose to integrate Second Dream canon into Role Playing?  While I personally have no problem with it, my primary hesitation is that I see far too many ways for certain individuals to abuse the separation of Warframe and Operator, specifically as a "get out of trouble free" card because "it's not my real body."

Sorry to add to the derailment, Starnsy, I just have a question for (Sam? Sorry, don't read binary).

How would you propose to integrate Second Dream canon into Role Playing? While I personally have no problem with it, my primary hesitation is that I see far too many ways for certain individuals to abuse the separation of Warframe and Operator, specifically as a "get out of trouble free" card because "it's not my real body."

Ah, but a dead Warframe is NOT a get out of jail free card!

When you go down, your Operator will ocassionally comment on pain he/she feels. Meaning that the Tenno can feel through their Warframe during Transference. Further more, in Mirage's lore, the Lotus loses a Tenno. A Tenno physically dies.

And the Tenno dies due to Transference.

If I may, I will propose something. It is speculation, but fun to think about.

I want to propose that Transference may be more literal than we think.

I propose that Transference is the, well... transference of consciousness into a golem, a Warframe. During Transference part of a Tenno's consciousness is projected into the Warframe itself, this piece of the Tenno is linked to the greater Tenno mind, the mind of the Operator controlling the Warframe. This part of the Tenno is vulnerable. If a Warframe is utterly destroyed this piece may die with it, if Mirage has anything to say about it.

You may ask "If only a piece is dead, then why does the Tenno die?"

Because that piece holds the Tenno's Void capabilities. Perhaps literally, perhaps it controls the Void, or perhaps it is merely a bridge connecting the Tenno to the Void. In any case, with that destroyed, a Tenno will die, because Tenno and the Void are linked. Tenno need to the Void to live.

If that is severed, they will surely die.

Crazy theory I know. What can I say, tinfoil fits so snugly on my head.

Anyway, if you see problems with my theory, correct me please.

Figured I should hide this. Spoilers after all.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

Hey, if I move important files from my PC to a pendrive and then toss that pendrive into a horrible war against adaptive creatures that are overpowering an ancient empire, those files do run the risk of being deleted forever.

That's why you always keep a backup, ECH

Probably when more than us three declare themselves officially - Drandko's gonna collaborate, as is Vipes (maybe) - but until then, it's the waiting game.

We could talk about the social, economic and political effects that the appearance of Tenno caused, if you're hungry for conversation.

Socially I can imagine the more royal orokin members could use them as bodyguards or protectors or perhaps even used as entertainment in duals.

I kinda had an idea with Raphael being a hit at parties with a party trick of his in his Loki Frame.

Edited by Drakeardian

That presents an interesting aspect of Tenno: was it acceptable in Orokin times for Tenno to take part in social activities, or was it even more limited than the present?

There's a side to both: if they were public, that'd practically be propaganda: "Behold our great warriors" and all that, make the common folk adore the saviours...

But Tenno are, first and foremost, accidents, besides being built for war and little else. Their warping by the Void could be seen as something horrendous in Orokin society - and by "the twisted few" line in Excalibur's Codex,I think this may be the case.

That presents an interesting aspect of Tenno: was it acceptable in Orokin times for Tenno to take part in social activities, or was it even more limited than the present?

There's a side to both: if they were public, that'd practically be propaganda: "Behold our great warriors" and all that, make the common folk adore the saviours...

But Tenno are, first and foremost, accidents, besides being built for war and little else. Their warping by the Void could be seen as something horrendous in Orokin society - and by "the twisted few" line in Excalibur's Codex,I think this may be the case.

I would imagine it would come down to how many Tenno were needed on the War Effort, If the War wasn't happening, there may not have been many Tenno used as soldiers or assassins.

Socially I can imagine the more royal orokin members could use them as bodyguards or protectors or perhaps even used as entertainment in duals.

I kinda had an idea with Raphael being a hit at parties with a party trick of his in his Loki Frame.

I disagree.

Tenno were abominations, accidents to the Orokin. They studied and prodded them, they didn't even treat them as humans let alone even acknowledge their existence. That Orokin soldier in Mag's codex thought the Tenno were myths, simple propaganda. Now, this is a soldier, not a simple civilian, he/she would have more knowledge of the war than your simple civilian, having lived it after all.

I don't think anyone beside the Orokin leadership and those who worked with them knew about them at all. Meaning Tenno were certainly not flaunted around as mighty warriors to strike down upon their enemies with great vengeance and furious anger.

They never existed at all.