The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Good For Orokin Defense Missions?

VeggieHam

I'm planning on getting Chroma. (That takes some time, getting all the other components) Should I seriously go for him or should I just abandon that goal? My main reason to get him is to run interception, survival and defense missions (particularly Orokin).

I wanted him coz of his Effigy, dragon spewing out damage like a turret, his auras (useful due to those possibilities), his breathe is so terrible it literally wipes out a wave when they swarm the objective. Vex Armor is ehh..... But still useful.

So, I would like to know your opinion. I have two potatoes and a tomato and its dying to be used on a frame.

If I should keep him, please tell me which basic element best against corrupted enemies.

Sincerely,

The 2 potatoes and that tomato in my account.

Effigy is toast very quickly.

The only usefull thing that Effigy does is radial short stun that allows you to get a safe breath literally for couple of seconds.

No matter what type of damage you put in Effigy it becomes too weak very fast.

I suggest you to make some armor builds for your convenience, just because it's really strong even solo not to mention full Tenno cell of 4 warriors.

(the statement above is true for enemy lvl >25)

Edited by Snestorm

What is a tomato?

I can guess a potato is a reactor....but i cant think of anything that looks like a tomato.

I am soo newbish

Maybe an Exilus Adapter? Idk either tbh.

Anyways, Chroma fits for several types of missions. As some players have said above, Vex Armor is not "ehh", IMHO Vex Armor is what makes Chroma shine. Also note that you can build for Vex Armor and some efficiency (full duration too) and you don't punish Effigy as it is not affected by range.

Vex armor imo is actually the best ability in Chroma's arsenal. In ice form, full vex, and ward, Chroma's effective health is increased nearly 10 fold. On the topic of defense, there are warframes that are far better suited for defense. From experience I suggest Vauban.

So basically, Chroma is far better suited for tanking rather than protecting an objective.

Nope. He lacks the protective capabilities and defensive capabilities for Orokin Void or any non infested defense. The main goal of a defense mission is to keep off damage from the object as much as possible. Sadly for Chroma, he can't do that.

Don't be misunderstood though, Chroma is great at surviving but he's not good at protecting pods.

Spectral Scream happens to be the most lackluster ability in his kit. Sure it looks cool, but it really isn't worth using, for the reduced mobility and pitiful damage. Even the proc chance is "above mediocre" at best. I'm afraid Chroma's "terrible breath" is terrible in all the wrong ways.
Vex Armour on the other hand is what makes Chroma Chroma. 

I main Chroma and use pretty much only Vex Armor and Elemental Ward, because his 1 and 4 abilities aren't super great. And with lack of spammable AoE he also isn't the #1 choice for defense or intercept missions. He's pretty awesome at survivals, imo, because scorn raises his armor through the roof, fury bumps up his damage to ridiculous heights and a fire Chroma gets a pretty large health pool. ♥

If you build Chroma you should be doing it for his 2 & 3, not 1 & 2!

To answer the question, no, there are better frames for Defence.

RD Loki, Chaos Nyx, Frost of course, Shield Volt, Nova.

Not saying Chroma is bad, I like him, but as a tanky gun platform.

honestly, you're probably best just doing a Vex/elemental Ward Build with either Fire (so that you can heal yourself and team mates), or Ice for the Armour bonus that will make Chroma even tankier. Chroma is a very good supportive Tank when built right, but as a defense frame, he's not that good. Effigy is too weak and drains way too much energy to reliably defend a cryopod for long periods of time.