The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Arch-Guns Are "worth" Getting?

Nira

Question

Whilst generally sceptical of Archwing as a game mode, I've given it another try recently and found myself having a bit of fun. I was overall unimpressed with Odonata so switched to Itzal once I had enough tellurium, which greatly improves the experience, in my opinion.

I just 30-d both the Imperator and the Veritux, and am on the hunt for something that packs a bit more punch in the Arch-gun department. I initially liked the look of the Phaedra, Grattler, and Fluctus, but have read pretty mixed reviews on all three. Specifically on the Phaedra that its crit stats suck, and is rather innacurate.

So if y'all had to pick one of the above three for general-purpose Archwing stuff, which would you go for? Or should I check out something else?

just to be clear, I disagree with iztal being great for interceptions. The invis, being stationary, is really best for warping away and hiding to recover. Itzal is too fragile to take a beating the interception will give. You shouldn't really be sitting in one place invis just guarding a single point or you are going to lose or at least have to be carried by your team. Plus shield dargyens will come right up on you and electrocute you because everything knows you are somewhere around there (which is, of course, why it is a good idea to blink off.)

Fluctus actually has poor range and quick damage fall off. It's a great trash clearer and good for all the missions but interception and defense. I wouldn't use it for the open space ones either, mostly the corpus ones with tight pathways. 

Grattler is THE gun for J3 golem. A must. It is also sufficient for interceptions and defenses. No experience with the velocitus here. 

I would put a magazine increase on the fluctus, btw, that thing has like no ammo in its clip.

Interception and defense are great places to get the good cards but I got a lot of really good mods doing jupiter mobile defense (I think that's right, or was it mars, whichever is a corpus MD.) That is also a great place to level up things you can't level up in the interception.

Kazsas and knux have the highesy base melee damage in game. Both are nice but the knux takes a lot of resources to research in the lab. Less to build. The grattler is the hard one to build with something like 3.5k required oxium. I saved up for a long time for that.

Veritux is perfectly good, and centaur is just fine as are the other melees. There is, btw, no block animation. So you will only know you are blocking because you are pushing the button.

Velocitus vs Golem works pretty good as well: