Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polycount's Tennogen Contest Winners

DE_Adam

While I understand people's frustrations with the exclusion of the Talos helm (including mine), I value DE's judgement with this selection even if I disagree with it.

However, when I saw two of the selected Mag helms were designed by the same person, that did it for me. Both of those helmets are well made, no question, but there were many better selections (see: Ferro, Orbit, etc.) to prevent this double-win that it almost looks intentional. This isn't right and it isn't fair. I don't even play Mag and I feel strongly about this.

Edited by xXxYolomaster420xXx

While I understand people's frustrations with the exclusion of the Talos helm (including mine), I value DE's judgement with this selection even if I disagree with it.

However, when I saw two of the selected Mag helms were designed by the same person, that did it for me. Both of those helmets are well made, no question, but there were many better selections (see: Ferro, Orbit, etc.) to prevent this double-win that it almost looks intentional. This isn't right and it isn't fair. I don't even play Mag and I feel strongly about this.

...I..sincerely doubt that it's intentional.  What would the benefit of that even be?  It'd only make people mad.  In fact, the only one who would benefit would be the one who made the helms, and I really doubt that he'd make his bribe back in helmet sales(And by that point you're just taking a stupid risk).

He made decent helmets that DE liked, guys.  It's..really not that big a deal.  Sure, they could've done their selection a bit better, but I don't really see it as anything to be upset about.

Edit:  I want to point out that you're using your own opinion as a basis for what's fair and what isn't.  That's..really not how anything works...

Edited by UFOLoche

aw i would have loved to have seen the below 2 included. maybe as runner ups???

Mag Curiel http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566225325&searchtext=

Ferro Mag http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565698303&searchtext=

im not a fan of the anthro helm... i like the original concept the contestant did, compared to this alt version. it was in one of the concept drawings s/he uploaded for the induction helm.

anyways, congrats to all.

But you guys get console exclusive cosmetics all the time, do I need to bring these up?

Or these?

Well,You have rubedo and phased skins.

And Excalibur prime which we will never get on consoles.

To me,Obsidian skin acts as an alternative to Excalibur prime.

Back to topic,The skins and helmets are well done.Though I should ask,Why were the all weapon skins chosen infested themed?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!, where is the Talos for volt?????... the only helmet i was planning to buy....

gdOx9IO.jpg

I must agree this helmet is cool and all, but it seems extremely out of place on Volt.

Its what really makes it impossible for me to actually like it.

WHAT. 

What happened to the Grineer Galatine? And the Talos Volt Helm? How did the CLAYMIRE win?

Actually, did we really need THREE Infested skins winning? Couldn't we have gotten a little variety here? I DID like the Noxious Jat Kittag, but the Infested Skana is basically the Mire, and the Claymire is just...not very good. Especially when compared to the glory that is the Grineer Galatine.

Come ON, DE, I was ready to buy the Grineer Galatine on DAY 1. This thing had better make it into the game later.

Edited by Fenrys

As much as I'm liking some of these... I'd suggest you really need to permit one successful submision per author.

Glad some of the Mag one's got through, especially Pior's funnily enough.

Edit: Not liking any of the weapon choices though. The claymire's not bad but the Infested Skana just looks like a slightly altered Mire. The hammer is rather 'meh' but the Skana? Worst offender. Not a fan of the Infested theme as I don't think they look that good at all. Can honestly say at the moment I don't see me purchasing these in the future, ever, unless they end up on discount or something.

And that's coming from someone who's not even a fan or user of Mag but can easily see an eventual purchase of her nifty helmets and skin(s). 'Cept that Neon one if it ever appears, that was just... Poor, messy and very boring.

Edited by Naith

Lets see what ill get:

Mag Anthro Helmet, Yes

Mag Toroidal Helmet, Yes

Induction Mag Helmet, Yes

All these look great, though i dont use my mag alot.

·         Arturius Excalibur Helmet, No

·         Ogrant Excalibur Helmet, Yes

·         Isurus Excalibur Helmet, Yes

Mostly cool, though i think that first one looks overly complicated

·         Thales Volt Helm, Yes

·         Arrester Volt Helm, No

·         Relay Volt Helm, Yes

Not a fan of the horned one. I think the helmet itself is realy good, but i just dont think it would fit my volt very well.

·         Infested Skana,  No

·         Jat Kittag Noxious Hammer, Yes

·         Claymire Galatine Skin, No

Not really liking the infested designs over-all, though the Jat is just too good not to own.

Where is the Ferro Mag helmet? The finalists don't even come close to the quality of this helmet.

I'm really shocked.

DE has their own standards and opinions; DE is perfectly justified if they decide my helmet did not meet those standards.

I only wish there was more communication; I would like to know how I can improve so that I can try again for the next contest.

DE has their own standards and opinions; DE is perfectly justified if they decide my helmet did not meet those standards.

I only wish there was more communication; I would like to know how I can improve so that I can try again for the next contest.

Absolutely agree with this. While Ferro was one of my favorites in the contest, it is their decision in the end. That said it would be nice to know what the runner's up could improve or general feedback. DE was somewhat active on the polycount threads, it would be nice to get feedback there so we know what to improve.

I had this problem with TennoGen Round One, I have no clue why my excal skin or others didn't get picked. If they reach out to content creators and provide feedback it's only going to strengthen submissions going forward.