The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Doing Today's Sortie...

TheGunSlanger

Today's sorties have been the most frustrating I did so far:

- started the mobile defense in 4, ended in 2, luckily I was Mag

- Defense was actually pretty fast, 2 Mag and 2 Ash

- survival really has driven me mad; not only the sortie was in general very long this time, but at the first try we had a host migration at 12 minutes from the end, which left me alone in there. Luckily again, I was Mag, but still it was maybe a bit too hard to solo and I finished my revives at 40sec left. Second try was a pain, with me and a Frost(thanks God!)trying to stay alive and kill and get the oxygen up while an AFK Vauban and a midless Valkyr were dying for the whole mission.

All this for a damn Madurai lens. GEEEEEEZ!

By the way, I love sorties.

MD and def I did with frost and a good thing too. No one else brought one. For the third mission I brought my Excal with synoid simulor. Whenever I ran out of energy, that simulor was the one thing that saved me. But as other Tenno above mentioned, sapping ospreys are death sentence and them snipery nullifiers got me twice (from the back)

[*]Many Survival and Excavation missions have been rebalanced so that the mission rewards match the difficulty of the mission, the enemies spawned are appropriately challenging, and the enemy level scaling is consistent. This includes tuning such as reducing caps of Sapping Osprey, and ensuring similar leveled nodes have a similarly difficult mix of enemies.

Just sayin'.

Don't recall if I said this, btw, but thanks. Not sarcasm.

Edit: Oh yeah. Orbs from dead Ospreys do damage, now.

Edited by Chroia

AoE guns seem to destroy those little nodes just fine. Syndicate procs, too~ :3

This is why I bring sonicor to corpus fights (modded for high magazine capacity of 28 shots per clip and magnetic damage).  Not only is it good for destroying mines and sapping mines, but it's great defensively.   I juggle enemies in the air so often they can't even get a shot off.  Sap ospreys are destoryed before they can even get close, so they don't even drop sap grenades and if they do, sonicor just destroys them in one direct or aoe hit.

Also many frames have different things they can do to make sapping osprey's trivial.   Players just choose not to utilize the tools they are given or they use bad awareness and tactics.   

For example, shooting at the Moa's first instead of the Techs.  Then the techs kill the whole team because one guy chose to shoot at the wrong target and you get dead because you are facing the other way shooting at other priority targets.    I swear running sorties with other players is what makes them harder.   Solo runs go so much smoother and easier.

Running these in a pub is certainly annoying with the sappers. Only time I would get downed in a pub is trying to revive someone and a nullifier walks onto me and takes me out of hysteria. They are easy doing it solo as valk. The grineer slightly more so just because you can't get knocked out of hysteria if you step in to fast meleeing down the nullifier bubbles.