The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Ivara Around, Is Loki Still "masterrace" ?

Enno69

Question

What is your opinion on that ? Just give a statement about who you think would win the competition, overall, when taking every role, stat and skill into account.

Is Loki still worthy of the adoration he is receiving, or has he been, or is about to be, kicked off his throne ?

And please Loki lovers, don't rage immediately :-P

Two senses people use "masterrace", a) in the sense of a frame great for soloing, and b) in the sense of a frame with a scaling ability great for endgame. 

In the former sense, Ivara can handily substitute for Loki, in the latter sense, he's probably still ahead of her because of the disarm.

I find the other way around to be much better. I used ivara to farm my daily focus cap and found it to be easy but very slow, Loki with exterminate rush and a tonkor is VERY fast, but the 100% invis with ivara was much better for spy missions so my cloak doesn't run out mid hack.

I put 3 forma (no Draco involved) in Ivara and an exilus slot but I'm still not really seeing the point in her - I wanted to love her and at first I did but the novelty wore off when I realised that what she does she doesn't really do that well.

invis is too slow movement and breaks to easy - when catching a ledge for example,

stealth arrow? useless, no teammate is gonna wanna stand in your bubble.

sound arrow: just shoot them already.

Zipline arrow? who on earth needs ziplines when bullet jumping is a thing?

Ability to control a projectile? Why not just aim before firing?

Her ult is meh, my weapons out damage it so not a lot of point unfortunately. 

I do like her in spy as that perma invis once in the data vaults is very nice :) other than that (and her awesome styling - she looks amazing) she has little use :(

tldr/  loki master race - undefeated

Eh its mostly because some spy missions like corpus require u to parkour/jump across lasers and ivara's prowl de-cloaks itself when u crouch jump slide or do any complicated parkour moves.

Welcome to Warframe, new-friend!

Have fun hitting those sonar spots located under your enemy's arm, or foot. Nova is far better for damage buffing, as is Mirage.

1: get your 4chan crap out of here

2:

3TOMATOES  

Member Since 25 Feb 2015

HELCH0RN

Member Since 15 Apr 2013

3: Saryn
- halfes HP of every enemy
- poisons them
- wrecks EVERYTHING if done properly

scrubs are not able to perform the last part

1: get your 4chan crap out of here

2:

3TOMATOES  

Member Since 25 Feb 2015

HELCH0RN

Member Since 15 Apr 2013

3: Saryn
- halfes HP of every enemy
- poisons them
- wrecks EVERYTHING if done properly

scrubs are not able to perform the last part

Nova does Saryn's job better than Saryn.

lptxfWX.png

Oh would you look at that.

Switch teleport is a lot more useful than trolling enemies. Without switch tele, no way I would have grinder for ivara, loki makes spy missions a breeze.

IVara is certainly a good frame and I dont have enough experience to make define claims, but loki is good for every mission type. There is nothing he is not useful in.

Nova does Saryn's job better than Saryn.

lptxfWX.png

Oh would you look at that.

how?

Increasing the damage by 100% and reducing enemy HP is basically the same thing.

The explosion damage from MP is negligible when using Speed Nova while Saryn can still deal damage

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/392172445579200260/C30B3B5F12D3E70D8A6B4341F5786DCFE9C33D30/

Edt: Jerico was using Ember with a pretty powerful build btw

Edited by Helch0rn

Loki's stealth gives you all mobility and better than you'd ever need, you arent slowed to snails pace not being able to catch up with a jogging rhino (yes im including the ability to roll)

also you never get thrown out of stealth by climbing an edge and you can use any weapons you want, all of his abilities are straight up useful, ivaras maybe "useful" but are more funny gimmicks than raw effectiveness

Loki has the most sprint speed of all the Frames and you can run while invisible so yeah Loki still master race in Invisibility

Loki has never been the master of anything, what with hardly reaching more than 30 seconds of stealth time.

He can disarm, and switch places. That's it. Fast? So what. Speed runs are never fun.

Loki has never been the master of anything, what with hardly reaching more than 30 seconds of stealth time.

He can disarm, and switch places. That's it. Fast? So what. Speed runs are never fun.

Can't decide if troll or utter noob. 

Loki can achieve full constant invisibility on his energy siphon alone - with the right build ofc. No outside source of energy whatsoever. Loki was and is master race of this game, sickeningly OP, so OP that it's actually boring to play. Always invisible, stealth attack bonuses, infinite scalability of his powers, best cc ult in game and chaos on top of it, just because f--k you, that's why. You don't even have to be particularly good player to utilize him well, which makes me wander how on earth some people don't realize his potential? How biased you must be to miss that point?

Can't decide if troll or utter noob. 

Loki can achieve full constant invisibility on his energy siphon alone - with the right build ofc. No outside source of energy whatsoever. Loki was and is master race of this game, sickeningly OP, so OP that it's actually boring to play. Always invisible, stealth attack bonuses, infinite scalability of his powers, best cc ult in game and chaos on top of it, just because f--k you, that's why. You don't even have to be particularly good player to utilize him well, which makes me wander how on earth some people don't realize his potential? How biased you must be to miss that point?

28 seconds, RECAST. 28 seconds RECAST 28 seconds, guess what? RECAST. i don't want to spend every 28 seconds recasting powers just to be effective at SPEED RUNNING. 

28 seconds, RECAST. 28 seconds RECAST 28 seconds, guess what? RECAST. i don't want to spend every 28 seconds recasting powers just to be effective at SPEED RUNNING. 

28s is actually A LOT. It is a ton of time and you can do sooo much things in this game for 28 seconds. Also, do you know what else you can do? replenish your energy, while invisible, either with restores or ev trin help. You cannot do this on toggle invisibility. Also, you can run at 1.5 sprint speed. I will take 2 fast refresh casts /min every time over "new and improved" (=nerfed) toggle abilities DE is pushing now. 

Yes. Can Ivara stay invisible infinitely? Can she disarm every enemy permanently? Can she troll her teammates?

I've done multiple spy missions without ever breaking invis once. Not even to refresh it. So yes she can stay invisible indefinitely.

As to disarm, no, but she can gather a giant cluster of enemies via noise arrows, and put them to sleep via sleep arrows :)

And as for the trolling: Ivara can peg teammates with quiver arrows. While I have not tried it yet, I imagine one could nail a teammate with a noise arrow in a high level infested mission. That would be kinda fun... Imagine nailing an invis Loki with a noise arrow. The salt!

That being said, Loki will forever have his place, while Ivara will have hers too :D