The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Ivara Around, Is Loki Still "masterrace" ?

Enno69

Question

What is your opinion on that ? Just give a statement about who you think would win the competition, overall, when taking every role, stat and skill into account.

Is Loki still worthy of the adoration he is receiving, or has he been, or is about to be, kicked off his throne ?

And please Loki lovers, don't rage immediately :-P

I've done multiple spy missions without ever breaking invis once. Not even to refresh it. So yes she can stay invisible indefinitely.

As to disarm, no, but she can gather a giant cluster of enemies via noise arrows, and put them to sleep via sleep arrows :)

And as for the trolling: Ivara can peg teammates with quiver arrows. While I have not tried it yet, I imagine one could nail a teammate with a noise arrow in a high level infested mission. That would be kinda fun... Imagine nailing an invis Loki with a noise arrow. The salt!

That being said, Loki will forever have his place, while Ivara will have hers too :D

And then one shot all of them with a Dark Dagger.  This filled a pretty big hole for me, especially with things like rescue sorties making the jail go on auto alert.  Being able to make people hacking consoles invisible is nice too.  

I couldn't do it. Every time I try to fire at the sentinel it always moves with me so I can't aim at it.

1/5 for me.  Half an hour in the Simulacrum until I decided it just isn't worth the headache.

And then one shot all of them with a Dark Dagger. This filled a pretty big hole for me, especially with things like rescue sorties making the jail go on auto alert. Being able to make people hacking consoles invisible is nice too.

1/5 for me. Half an hour in the Simulacrum until I decided it just isn't worth the headache.

You could use magic missile, I mean JFK arrow, I mean navigator to get your own carrier :P Edited by BlueFalcon13

Loki was dethroned when Limbo was released. Loki players are the reason Limbo was nerfed because Limbo did everything Loki could do and more(also better, without being broken without logic). Ivara also can do what Loki can and more(once again, and better). Ohh Loki can sprint in his invisibility, whoop dee doo. Ivara gets extra drops off her invisibility and it lasts long and it actually synergizes with her kit/playstyle/etc. Loki is supposed to be a trickster yet all he does is remove weapons and turn invisible. People dont even try to use his other abilities, yet its everyone around him who needs to be reworked. No synergy between his abilities at all.

To me, I prefer Ivara. Sure, Loki is faster, but Ivara also gets a random drop from an enemy with prowl, I've gotten snapdragon one time from a scorpion. Ivara has some mobility with airlines, and is current,y one of the only frames who can use every ability while on a zip line.

Quiver is the best tactical skill in the game, offers an AoE stealth, which affects allies AND silences all weapons fired while in the bubble. Zip lines for added mobility, sleep arrows for CC/finishers, Noise Arrows to force enemies to come to you. Not to mention her innate enemy radar.

Prowl is the best invis in the game, with the addition of a move speed reduction (but rolling bypasses that) plus while invis with prowl you get a headshot dmg bonus

As for energy Efficiancy, Ivara doesn't have to spam skills (invis, decoy, teleport, disarm) near as much as Loki would for spy missions.

Navigator is insane for scouting, killing enemies in the next room, and just general fun

Artemis Bow is my favorite toggle ult. With some multishot you're firing 13 arrows, plus you can hit multiple enemies at once, it's silent naturally, and can do some serious damage to Shadow stalker in one shot (got him to 1/4 hp with a charged shot.

Plus, imo her default looks better then Loki (minus the creepy cybernetic eye she has) but other then that Ivara is so cool!

I can't wait to see what kinds of Augments she gets.

Moved to Players Helping Players subforum.

Huh? I mean, wait, what?!

I know the forums need to ordening. But this is just bullocks. Moving threads like these to players helping players is only making a mess out of that forum.

This is not a thread where a player asked for help from the community, but it's about a discussion whether ivara can compete against loki.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me this is just making an even bigger mess

Looking purely at the frame disregarding any weapon choice i think ivara has the edge.

Shooting a stealth arrow in your sentinel allows for fast stealth movement, prowl,Ripline and

Artemis offer a good position with high damage. A noise arrow in a teammate foot makes some

very fun situations. Ivara has great potential but i disagree with your so called "master race".

Loki is a good and balanced frame either offering high staying power or a unique CC but to call

that "master race" is a bit overdrawn i would not call a Land rover a sports car but it will get the job

done.

So overall you are trying to compare 2 fundamentally diffrent frames for a reason unknown to me.

I like both players even though I will always bring my speed Loki on spy missions. However I will say I prefer Ivara on just about everything else because of her offensive kit. Although she can be slower at prowl I countered that with a berzerker build n focus into the passives off the naramon tree. And btw it doesn't have loki's range, but their is a disarm feature in the naramon tree.

Which brings me to another point naramon focus for the win! Lol

well i like both of em , both have their own advantage

In invisibility i like ivara more than loki but I still missing swap location with my dummy so I can transport myself anywhere especially in spy loki's this ability saves time

In ivara i most like her 3rd ability and 1st most

Honestly, Ivara is fun but she's no Loki, though she ranks above Limbo (who I also like). All her stuff is built for fun, but if I am doing long stints on ODS I need loki, or I need to be a lot more cautious if I want to play ivara. 

Loki has more versatility and my invis lasts not only a long time, but isn't susceptible to the problems with energy drain abilities. 

I haven't found a solid use for a lot of her stuff tbh. Like uses that I can enact fast enough to make them worth it. I don't feel like she's the goddess of damage either, if I wanted damage I'd play a different frame, I play both for stealth, but with loki I can equip my sancti tigris and annihilate stuff. Then again, I haven't tried putting hush on my tonkor so maybe they can both use that. I just feel limited by having to sacrifice a slot in my guns or go silent weapons. I like the limitation, but it does not lend itself to the title of damage frame. It is all around her being a stealth frame.

Loki is for moving fast and getting things done, Ivara is for if I want to play around and mess with her abilities.

One of the recent changes made channeled abilities (such as prowl) unaffected by the energy drain of eximi. This made it 100% better, cause not only can she invis more the Loki, she can now make sure her invis is ready again should she break it at all.

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73