Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U18 [Spoiler] System: Eta On Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

how about decrease the base amount of focus u get BUT give multipliers for orange values in the end mission stats

so if u have most revives ull get a bonus and so on

Everyone will try to hang you if new gain and all bonuses applied is less than 2x of what we are getting now.

Edited by Mofixil

BUT give multipliers for orange values in the end mission stats

so if u have most revives ull get a bonus and so on

Still a bad idea. Excal will get x4 for "most damage dealt"/"most kills" (does EB count for "melee kills"?), while Trin only gets x2 for "most abilities used" (just as an example). Combined with a lower base percentage, this means that damage and support frames will be split apart even wider.

Focus active abilities honestly have no purpose at the moment, even the cc oriented ones like Naramon for example, they are simply not complementing the gameplay we currently have (just like the sniper rework in 95% of the content). Also it's kinda frustrating that the effects that you can unlock for the actives are mostly also lackluster, the only decent example I could think of would be the Mending Tides effects. 

And I don't really understand why aren't our passives active right as we get into the mission. 

Regarding the active Focus again - it could be way more, I guess, convenient if instead of leaving the warframe behind, the Tenno would take further control (posess?) the warframe and we get to use our active effect like in the ending sequence of The Second Dream? Without the ability to fire it as fast as it was possible there ofcourse.

Would like to see things like that considered since they make perfect sense (atleast to me) so I'll just wait and hope for the best. Best wishes on a good result, DE :P 

Edited by Sempiterra

The ability to earn focus from shared affinity should be a simple enough task and a priority that it should be done this year

I'm guessing you either know nothing or very little about programming, or else you know enough and this is a troll.  Also I'm sure DE is going to be a ghost town for the next two weeks given the holidays.

yeah but many people have the holidays coming  ... free time vacations days etc  .. and they want to play and grind ..  thru out that time .. so they was really expecting some changes in THIS YEAR .. especially  ability to respec / rechoose / reset  (without losing collected points ) your Quest  Primary Tenno Way pick up .. 

Right - because Tenno having patches and hotfixes over the holidays is much more important than a bunch of devs who have worked their asses off all year for us and whom may also desire - and deserve - their own holidays?

You people are unbelievable. 

Right - because Tenno having patches and hotfixes over the holidays is much more important than a bunch of devs who have worked their asses off all year for us and whom may also desire - and deserve - their own holidays?

oh please give me a break man. There are lots of people working in lots of different jobs who work their &#! off and don't get people defending them like you are here now for DE. DE is providing a service..not out of the kindness of their heart but for money. People have spent money on this game and have every right to complain if they don't like what's going on. I mean do you call your local company who provides power to your home and thank them for all their hard work so you can play your precious game...no. But by God if the power goes out for some reason then I'm sure your mad and want to know why right.

And end of rant hehe. I don't care about DE taking their time on this really I'm just tired of seeing people defending DE like this. Just seems like major &#! kissing to me so sorry.

Edited by RoninJed

This does worry me. Because that's not saying "We will remove the cap once it's all fine and good" but instead "Once it's all fine and good we might take another look at it. Or, you know, NOT.".

Hooray corporate BS-lingo. Maybe someone at DE really believes we might just come around to not complain anymore if we just get used to it? Worked for reputation caps.

Please DE, enjoy your holidays. Take your time fixing things, do it slow but properly. But please, let us know in plain speak whether there will be a cap or not. And how focus XP will be distributed in teams. Because all of this newspost said exactly nothing about that, except "threaten (?)" a twist.

Man, come on. DE doesn' do corp speak bs. Very much the opposite, in fact, the community often gets riled up because the devs said what was on their mind without filtering.

So why they can't make focus exp sharing like affinity,  to all players in your team BEFORE new year and then start working on new system whatever want they after? It can be easily done to next patch\hotfix, and it will reduce toxicity of players like alot, all will be more or less happy and with that mind set we can wait for new system to deploy. But NOPE, no changes this year because reasons, this is bad, like reeeeally bad decision. It can be bandaid fixed, and we know de LOVES band aid fixes, but they refuse to do them when they really needed

Edited by Hekovashi

The ability to earn focus from shared affinity should be a simple enough task and a priority that it should be done this year

A hundred times this.

If you want to introduce something else to replace that later on, go for it. But right now this is the simplest solution, and it wouldn't take until January to implement.

here's me just hoping that it's not tied to Affinity at all, and instead tied to completing Challenges, completing Objectives, successfully completing Missions, performing out of the ordinary actions (so Killing Enemies or w/e in non-conventional ways and such), Et Cetera.

some Points for Killing Enemies but not related to Affinity is acceptable - generic Enemies being worth none at all, and the more special / out of the ordinary the Enemy, the more points worth.

and ofc anything that isn't global, sharing. everyone completes Objectives technically so don't need to share things like that, but sharing special Challenges, points from Enemies and whatnot - definitely important.

Someone give this man a medal, I reallllyyyy hope they are doing something like this.

The entitlement people have this day and age is ridiculous......

People will always cry, it's what people do best now. This generation is full of entitled spoiled brats

and what does that make you calling people entitled for wanting a bit more than a very stock and empty response? People are entitled to you because they want to know more than the obvious? Are you serious?

oh please give me a break man. There are lots of people working in lots of different jobs who work their ! off and don't get people defending them like you are here now for DE. DE is providing a service..not out of the kindness of their heart but for money. People have spent money on this game and have every right to complain if they don't like what's going on. I mean do you call your local company who provides power to your home and thank them for all their hard work so you can play your precious game...no. But by God if the power goes out for some reason then I'm sure your mad and want to know why right.

And end of rant hehe. I don't care about DE taking their time on this really I'm just tired of seeing people defending DE like this. Just seems like major ! kissing to me so sorry.

both parties to me are pretty crude to be fair. i mean yea people defending DE does sound like theyre just kissing up but the other party (the complain about problem party), as right as they are sometimes, seems to think DE can magically solve problems in no time and feel as if they can demean them like DE likes to cause problems or something. not saying thats you or pointing out any names but the community seems to like picking fights and be stingy at eachother than creating critical thinking that could help us all.

happy holidays btw, hope you and everyone else gets to have a good one. cant leave without that being unsaid :P

Edited by homiedudemanguy

I don't really have a huge problem with the focus system as it is. There are improvements that should happen, sure. Those are coming. Bashing out the developers because its not coming during the final holiday season of the year where every company I know of has people taking time off to unwind and spend with their families if they have one is too much.

Most large companies always has someone doing something during the holidays so we're likely going to get something to play with, even if its not the big fix for focus many are dying for.

Sure, tons of us have invested money. I myself have put in hundreds of dollars into the game. Just like everybody else I want results, but why is it so important to have it right within' the next two weeks? Is there literally nothing else that you wanna do but max out your focus so you can... uh farm more stuff with your maxed out focus?

Enjoy the journey. 

I always thank DE for the hard work the whole team puts in, programming is tedious as I've come to learn and a fix that may be easy still could take a ton of time to implement.

I may be lax since I just like to solo my way and enjoy the ride, always having something to do or work for since I didn't rush to grab it right away before anyone else did. There has to be another way you can enjoy the game while you wait for something that you know is coming.

Edited by Klizard

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope this is fixed sooner as opposed to later as having a day job makes earning focus points not of interest to me since it is ridiculously hard to earn any beyond specific means sited by more proficient players. Please allow us to be able to play all our frames and earn xp for a multitude of tasks as opposed to either relying on ridiculously high level enemies and stealth kills for just an inch of this mile you feed us every day.

I really hope this is fixed sooner as opposed to later as having a day job makes earning focus points not of interest to me since it is ridiculously hard to earn any beyond specific means sited by more proficient players. Please allow us to be able to play all our frames and earn xp for a multitude of tasks as opposed to either relying on ridiculously high level enemies and stealth kills for just an inch of this mile you feed us every day.

You are supposed to keep rolling in XP boosters and greater lenses.

This way you can more than double your focus gain, making it somewhat reasonable when "exploiting stealth mechanics" as they like to call it.

Edited by Mofixil

• 2 weeks later...

For now, just let passive affinity gains convert to Focus. Let the focus cap be the limit on how quickly players can unlock things, not how efficient of a killer/stealth player they are.

Currently, there are only two effective ways to gain an amount of focus that is even slightly respectable:

- use an AOE nuke frame and kill as many things as possible

- do the highest stealth mission you can manage to maintain the stealth bonus on 

Neither of these are at all conducive to cooperative play, and almost completely leave out players who opted to put their lens on a frame that is almost exclusively support oriented (Trinity, Vauban, Banshee, etc.). It also means players are no longer working together to fluidly complete objectives, they're competing to get the most kills. It is not uncommon to see Ember, Equinox, Ash, and Excalibur on the same map all spamming their best abilities as often as possible just to grab every last kill they can, while often completely ignoring the actual objective of the mission. 

I want to play with my friends and strangers, AND earn focus at the same time. Sometimes, I just want to play backup and provide energy or healing or bonus damage. I don't always want to be desparately running around nuking every inch of the map to earn as much as I can just to be denying anyone else their focus. 

Then later, add some incentives to earn focus through other means, like mission completion bonuses, to make other approaches better/more attractive.

i think you shouldn't just earn focus via affinity kills but also using buffs, heals etc. to reward support or tank type game play.