The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invincible Enemies

Seretrina

Question

i was doing a mobile defense mission and met an invincible enemy. all other enemies of that level i was able to one-shot but no matter how much i shot at him he didnt get damaged. i tried using melee, that didnt help either. i shot a sleep arrow at the ground near him and all nearby enemies besides him went to sleep but he just kept firing. making it impossible to complete the mission as he was either firing at the console i had to protect, or, if i was visible, he was firing at me. is that a normal thing? are there supposed to be invincible enemies just so DE can watch us suffer some more? is there a way of killing it? (i quit, btw. couldn't finish). is this just an issue with Ivara? mebbe with that map? 

20 answers to this question

Did it look like this:

SentientTrooper.png

nope. it was a standard unit (green Corpus MOA) 

batalysts are damageable. and they react to attacks. this thing didnt ragdoll like the rest of the enemies when i used my sonicor on it. and my tonkor was completely useless against it.

Edited by Seretrime_Prime

It may be a bug, but I'm assuming that you went to the Moon tileset and one of the Oculyst scanned you then sent in the Sentient Fighter which are Conculyst and Batalyst althou you might also tried to kill the Oculyst when they didn't saw you and were just scanning some dead bodies or the grineer or the corpus XD

It may be a bug, but I'm assuming that you went to the Moon tileset and one of the Oculyst scanned you then sent in the Sentient Fighter which are Conculyst and Batalyst althou you might also tried to kill the Oculyst when they didn't saw you and were just scanning some dead bodies or the grineer or the corpus XD

i kinda stated that the unit was attacking the console and me (oculysts dont attack) and the unit wasnt reacting to the fire in any way or taking damage (batalysts and conculysts take damage)

I don't know if you guys are aware, but it wasn't a Cephalon Simaris target was it?  They have absurd durability compared to other mobs of comparable level and shrug off some CC effects.  I know Equinox's Rest will work on them, but only once.  You can have one appear if any member of the party has a valid target among the current faction you're fighting.  They have a few additional abilities sometimes like turning invisible or shooting out different orbs and things (somewhat rare to see).

They look like nearly invincible regular enemies unless you have joined Cephalon Simaris's efforts for "recruitment", in which case they have a thick blue outline once he's marked them for you (accompanied by a voice-over).  If for some reason he fails to mark them (I have seen this happen a few times - he doesn't "mark" them right away occassionally) they still look like an immortal regular unit.  Cephalon Simaris should say something to someone in the team when they're spotted.  Usually to kill them you really have to hammer them hard and fast.

EDIT: You aren't really supposed to kill them - that's why they're hard to kill.

Edited by nobu_the_bard

I don't know if you guys are aware, but it wasn't a Cephalon Simaris target was it?  They have absurd durability compared to other mobs of comparable level and shrug off some CC effects.  I know Equinox's Rest will work on them, but only once.  You can have one appear if any member of the party has a valid target among the current faction you're fighting.  They have a few additional abilities sometimes like turning invisible or shooting out different orbs and things (somewhat rare to see).

They look like nearly invincible regular enemies unless you have joined Cephalon Simaris's efforts for "recruitment", in which case they have a thick blue outline once he's marked them for you (accompanied by a voice-over).  If for some reason he fails to mark them (I have seen this happen a few times - he doesn't "mark" them right away occassionally) they still look like an immortal regular unit.  Cephalon Simaris should say something to someone in the team when they're spotted.  Usually to kill them you really have to hammer them hard and fast.

EDIT: You aren't really supposed to kill them - that's why they're hard to kill.

No damage numbers show up at all, and they seem to be immune to all abilities. Thank goodness that Scorpion wasn't ignoring Blessing's damage reduction. (My screenshot above)

We are no newbies bro. I've scanned down numerous cephalon targets. You are warned of what they are in dozen ways. You have to be very thick to mix those things. Wouldn't you think that we would notice huge cephalon screaming and cursing as we kill the uncooperative target? 

This used to happen to me all the time when I had crappy internet.  Enemy data would not get to my computer, and I'd have my friends in mission ask what I was unloading my weapon on.

A dead enemy would be just standing there, forgotten in the game code, and since the host had already transmitted the info to "call it dead and remove it", and my client had never received that info, it just left a grineer standing there.

Even better, sometimes an enemy would die while shooting, and the code saying "quit shooting" never got to my system.   The enemy would die, and even despawn, but somehow the location of the active gun barrel would stay, firing full auto, and the command to "run out of ammo" never made it either, so it would shoot at me nonstop for the rest of the mission (and still knew how to aim at me).

Friends watched me die from literally nothing, as on their clients, the enemy and weapon has already died and despawned.

All this went away when I upgraded my internet.

Fun times.

i have experience with cephalon simaris. this unit wasn't a synthesis target. that was one of my first thoughts when it happened. he wasnt blue, he wasnt a higher level than the surrounding enemies, and the fact that i was using my end-game 6-forma Hek and wasn't doing damage to a lvl 12 green MOA kinda bothered me

This used to happen to me all the time when I had crappy internet.  Enemy data would not get to my computer, and I'd have my friends in mission ask what I was unloading my weapon on.

A dead enemy would be just standing there, forgotten in the game code, and since the host had already transmitted the info to "call it dead and remove it", and my client had never received that info, it just left a grineer standing there.

Even better, sometimes an enemy would die while shooting, and the code saying "quit shooting" never got to my system.   The enemy would die, and even despawn, but somehow the location of the active gun barrel would stay, firing full auto, and the command to "run out of ammo" never made it either, so it would shoot at me nonstop for the rest of the mission (and still knew how to aim at me).

Friends watched me die from literally nothing, as on their clients, the enemy and weapon has already died and despawned.

All this went away when I upgraded my internet.

Fun times.

my internet is great. i'm usually the first to load in and i dont have lag issues or anything. i can play just fine with no problems. so, it wasn't my internet

I myself finally ran into one of these.  Same experience as described in the posts above.  It was a normal moa (not a synth target) in a sortie exterminate I was soloing. Weapons couldn't touch it (no damage numbers) and it was untargetable by abilities as if it wasn't there although it could still shoot me.  It had no special effects on it unless I moved close enough to it that the cold aura from coolent leak mod on my sentinel would slow it down.

Fortunately running ahead caused it to despawn.  Thought I'd be screwed.

Took a screenshot of my attempt at applying well of life to it but only getting "invalid target":

qwn6sqy.jpg