Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... When Are We Going To Stop Bug Testing For Console Players?

Kruzil

Yeah dude, totally. None of the fixes go into the console build. Good job. They just exist to make PC players feel better.

We get the fixes on the next build, long after PC has had them for weeks up to months. Something you might actually know if you had played the console build, but since you don't have any actual experience with it, you are just making up stories to make yourself feel better.

And are you aware that WE DON'T GET THESE HOTFIXES??

of course you don't, you're a PC player with no knowledge of the console build.

You get a build that has the hotfixes before then already integrated.

- Hey, do you remember that period of time on consoles when looking at any profile would lock up the game?

No, because the version of U18 you'll be getting will have that already fixed.

- Hey, do you remember the time when Nekros' Desecrate wouldn't have lessened cost from efficiency?

No, because that was found out and fixed before the console update was released.

- Hey, do you remember when Excalibur, Mag, and Trinity were nerfed so all their abilities were line-of-sight?

No, because we raged so hard at that "update" that it was undone within days.

- Hey, do you remember when U17 was released and the Natah quest could not be started?

Nope, because you got a version with that already fixed after the spawn issues were found on the PC version.

- Hey, do you remember when Grineer Manics couldn't be killed because they had both health-gating AND regen?

No, because the regen was reverted in a second update the very same day.

- Hey, remember when looking at Darvo's market crashed the game, meaning nobody could use it?

Nope, that was fixed within 24 hours.  For us.  You never got that bug to begin with.

It'd be a simple task to look at all the things hotfixed on the PC build and then ask yourself "Did these bugs exist on the console build?" to see just how much is fixed beforehand.  You should try that some time and make notes of what is fixed, how quickly it's fixed, and which bugs you never saw on consoles.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Update_18

And work your way back if needed.

Hopefully never.

If we delayed updates the game would be in a far worse state for everyone. At this point in time they can release an update and have hotfixes out within the hour, as they have done numerous times before. Square Enix also handles their game quite differently, and, in case you didn't know, is literally swimming in money, because they're a massive company, so even if they can do cross-platform without delaying PC updates (which I doubt, but who knows) they have the ability to support it completely.

In fact, I don't even know why this needs to be argued. It's not going to change because it would be detrimental if it changed. Vastly slower updates coupled with delayed support for urgent issues wouldn't be worth cross-platform multiplayer.

And before you say it, because someone always does, they can't 'just fix the bugs' before they release these things, because DE doesn't have millions of internal playtesters probing their game on a live build to find problems and conflicts.

Which 'worse state' you refer to? If anything it's spoiled people that stop it from happening.

We at the console side can endure the waits, why can't you? Also, been a long while since i last played system wars on gamespot, but, isn't the vast library on PC supposed to keep you busy until you wait a little extra but are able to enjoy the game with a lot more people, which ultimately only benefits the game, economics, demand and supply and all? 

The way I've always seen this community, pc one specifically and more on point, forumites, and I am sorry to generalize, is as if it was DE's mistress, threatening all the time and using ultimatums like: 'I'll stop playing the game if this happens', 'I'll sue DE', 'Game is gonna die', their own version of 'I'll show your wife a pic of us'.

At least admit it's because you are spoiled that this doesn't happen. TC has provided enough info to prove it's doable, Sony showed it's doable, DE showed interest as well, the only hinderance, again, it's you, people like you. 

I see someone brought up microsoft up above, as if it was their fault somehow, well, microsoft has their poilicies very much explicit, it's why you don't see planetside there, aside from it being owned by SOE and mainly why you don't see FFXIV there either.

X1 users feeling left out was a choice they made upon console choice, and I'm a big fan of both, own both, its just their policy, plain and simple, emotions play no role in this, 'feeling left out' pff!

There's, again, no excuse regarding the ps4, except dinosaurs that aren't open to new things. 

- Hey, do you remember that period of time on consoles when looking at any profile would lock up the game?

- Hey, do you remember the time when Nekros' Desecrate wouldn't have lessened cost from efficiency?

No, because that was found out and fixed before the console update was released.

- Hey, do you remember when Excalibur, Mag, and Trinity were nerfed so all their abilities were line-of-sight?

- Hey, do you remember when U17 was released and the Natah quest could not be started?

Nope, because you got a version with that already fixed after the spawn issues were found on the PC version.

- Hey, do you remember when Grineer Manics couldn't be killed because they had both health-gating AND regen?

- Hey, remember when looking at Darvo's market crashed the game, meaning nobody could use it?

Nope, that was fixed within 24 hours.  For us.  You never got that bug to begin with.

It'd be a simple task to look at all the things hotfixed on the PC build and then ask yourself "Did these bugs exist on the console build?" to see just how much is fixed beforehand.  You should try that some time and make notes of what is fixed, how quickly it's fixed, and which bugs you never saw on consoles.

Somebody give this man the glasses.

Turn down for what!

Still, i'd face these in order to have cross platform.

well it is possible but some pc player base are very selfish and against this not all of course but im pretty sure the majority are. remember when ps4 had trinity before pc how the rage hit the forums lol just over one day. you can see it in the forums all the time DE YOU BETTER NOT SLOW DOWN OUR UPDATES FOR THEM. this is one of the few times when a company cares too much about what the community says . but i rather have de care to much than not care at all.

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814

The whole purpose of this thread is me trying to bring our community together:

3bccac544fa8a5a3883d8a290e3ebb6c.245x215

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all gamers are created equal!"

I have a dream that one day on the red hills on Mars, the sons of PS4 Tenno and the sons of former PC Tenno will be able to sit down together at the table of Warframe.

I have a dream that one day even the planet of Venus, a planet sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of Corpus oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and cross-platform play.

I have a dream that my four little Noggles will one day live in a universe where they will not be judged by the system they play on but by the bobble of their heads.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in the void, with its vicious Corrupted Ancients, with its Neural Sentry having its lens dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right here in the void little PS4 Tenno will be able to join hands with little PC Tenno as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

Edited by Kruzil

remember when ps4 had trinity before pc how the rage hit the forums lol just over one day.

lolwut

Trinity's one of the oldest Warframes.  Hell, the update 4 patch notes mention giving her a new set of abilities.

Meanwhile the PS4's first update was in the update 8/9 era.

Might want to get your memory checked.

lolwut

Trinity's one of the oldest Warframes.  Hell, the update 4 patch notes mention giving her a new set of abilities.

Meanwhile the PS4's first update was in the update 8/9 era.

Might want to get your memory checked.

trinity prime lol sorry about that i could be wrong though. or maybe it was another prime that came out early on accident. but i do remember the forums flipping out cause we got the prime for like 8 hours early lol.

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814

trinity prime lol sorry about that i could be wrong though. or maybe it was another prime that came out early on accident. but i do remember the forums flipping out cause we got the prime for like 8 hours early lol.

Oh if it's a prime that's a lot more realistic (and also a lot dumber to whine about) but that content is prepared ahead of time anyways...

Not a single response thus far has had a single credible source saying cross-platform play or a release build for PC is completely off of the table.

Does anyone have anything to prove that this will never happen? Twitter post, wiki page, reddit thread, etc... where can I read this? Google isn't returning anything that's viable.

HAHAHAHAHAA... OMG you actually think those hotfixes will make there way into this build? what a joke. Hey remember that time DE broke the dojo decorations and then fixed them and it didn't make it into the console build... oh wait... oh how about that time when DE broke the doors and turrets in the void and then patched it and it never made it to console... oh right that didn't happen either.. how about that time DE broke the menus so that when you scrolled through your inventory the game glitched out and selected things randomly by itself... yeah straight to console.

Also  "Hey, do you remember that period of time on consoles when looking at any profile would lock up the game?

No, because the version of U18 you'll be getting will have that already fixed." - still often does this on console and has done since the in game profile selector was first released. Maybe you should do some fact checking.

"Hey, do you remember the time when Nekros' Desecrate wouldn't have lessened cost from efficiency?

No, because that was found out and fixed before the console update was released." - wrong again.

"Hey, do you remember when Excalibur, Mag, and Trinity were nerfed so all their abilities were line-of-sight?

No, because we raged so hard at that "update" that it was undone within days." - we got that update, so no once again wrong.

"Hey, do you remember when U17 was released and the Natah quest could not be started?

Nope, because you got a version with that already fixed after the spawn issues were found on the PC version." - many console users experienced this issue, and it didn't affect every PC user so once again you are wrong.

"Hey, remember when looking at Darvo's market crashed the game, meaning nobody could use it?

Nope, that was fixed within 24 hours.  For us.  You never got that bug to begin with." - can't comment on this because I havent used darvo's market once aside from the clem quest, but going with your current trend of being wrong I'm gonna go ahead and call you out on this one as well.

"Console gets all the hotfixes" - Rydian 2015. Maybe you should do some actual fact checking before you start trying to talk down to people on a topic you know nothing about.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Watch the devstreams. The devs have addressed the cross-platform play thing numerous times.

It basically comes down to they'd like the have that feature, but they choose not to give up the speed of updates on the PC to match the (slow) pace of updates on the consoles due to certification and the like.

As a consequence, the glorious PC gaming master race pays its dues by being the pioneer that takes the arrows (bugs). Just the way of it.

I do watch the dev streams, not all of them, but the majority of them. I haven't heard them talk about cross-platform play or having a release build for PC, ever. Seriously, when was the last time this was even discussed? 2014? 2013? My question still stands, are these systems still on the table or have they been backlogged so far back that they'll never see the light of day?

@Sloan441 - Do you have a link to these streams?

HAHAHAHAHAA... OMG you actually think those hotfixes will make there way into this build? what a joke

Actually a number of those things are already past, not future.

Also  "Hey, do you remember that period of time on consoles when looking at any profile would lock up the game?

[...]still often does this on console and has done since the in game profile selector was first released. Maybe you should do some fact checking.

Update 18.0.7 was released on December 11th.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/576214-hotfix-1807-spoilers/

Update 18.0.8 was released December 11th as well, fixing the profile issue.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/576435-hotfix-1808-spoilers/

Unfortunately this one we can't test on consoles yet, but when U18 comes out see if profiles always lock up on view (which is different from an intermittent issue).

"Hey, do you remember the time when Nekros' Desecrate wouldn't have lessened cost from efficiency?

No, because that was found out and fixed before the console update was released." - wrong again.

Update 15.5 came out on November 27th, and included the bug.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/352963-mesa-update/

Update 15.5.2 came out the same day and fixed it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/353312-hotfix-1552/

So, would you mind pointing out which console patch added and then fixed it, then?

"Hey, do you remember when Excalibur, Mag, and Trinity were nerfed so all their abilities were line-of-sight?

No, because we raged so hard at that "update" that it was undone within days." - we got that update, so no once again wrong.

Oh, really now?

That was Update 15.2 on PC, released November 13th, 2014.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/344505-update-1520/

And then 15.2.1 which undid it was released November 14th, 2014.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/345935-hotfix-1521-1522/

Which update was it for you all on consoles?

You know, so we can go look at and compare them.

"Hey, do you remember when U17 was released and the Natah quest could not be started?

Nope, because you got a version with that already fixed after the spawn issues were found on the PC version." - many console users experienced this issue, and it didn't affect every PC user so once again you are wrong.

Update 17.0.1, released the same day as 17 as a hotfix, added the Natah quest as an actual in-game thing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/499137-hotfix-1701/

So it was an issue that happened for everybody (the thing simply did not spawn), and was fixed the same day in a second update.

Did this happen on consoles?  'Cause I don't see it mentioned anywhere...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/521618-ps4-echoes-of-the-sentient-hotfixes/

PS4 got Natah, and then hotfixes... and none of them fixed Natah because it wasn't broken.

"Console gets all the hotfixes" - Rydian 2015. Maybe you should do some actual fact checking before you start trying to talk down to people on a topic you know nothing about.

I've provided patch note links for the things I said we got and were then fixed quickly on the PC version.

Are you willing to do the same on consoles?

'Cause I think you're making things up at this point.

Edited by Rydian