Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daftmeat's Daring Do-Over (2nd Account From Scratch, Minimal Cheating)

DaftMeat

I tried to get my dad into this game and so made a new account with him. He eventually found he didnt have enough time to play the game so i adopted the account. i took the approach of trying to get it as far as possible in the shortest amount of time while also contributing to missions. this was around the time the latron wraith first became an event weapon. and the back to school event had happened giving away bunches of rare mods.

i played tons of def/surv T1 keys to level my gear and actually farm more keys. Turned bunches of keys into dragon keys (1 at a time) and just hunted for fleeting expertise (getting other nice corrupt mods along the way). hadnt done much to complete the planet nodes but didnt consider the recruiting tab cheating because ...well its there. searched wiki for mod drop locations i needed. lost track of the account a while back but had a potatoed excal with rank 7 redirection and vitality, fleeting and streamling (no need for steel fiber at the time), lotron wraith with point strilke, rank 5 serration and heavy cal, and some elemental mods but no vital sense, dex furis garbage mods, and a fully tricked out skana with crimson derivish. was really happy that almost all melee mods have lower rarity and lower max rank that other weapons. at one point got taxi'd to sechura so credits were no longer an issue but cores always were. 

i got a lot of the orange scores at the end of missions playing this way and really surprised a lot of people in pubs expecting to have to carry me but since i stayed mastery rank 4 or so almost the entire time. i couldnt do this with archwing or pets and my only real entertainment was surprising people since i never tried very many weapons/frames ( i had a main account for that!) and didnt consider pretending playing from the mentality of a new player.

a little bit of mention to second dream

If i were to try this again and see how fast i could get broken war, i imagine it would still take a while and by the time i did have the fully built archwing, i feel a new player having taken the same path would be experienced enough to deserve getting broken war. 

I tried to get my dad into this game and so made a new account with him. He eventually found he didnt have enough time to play the game so i adopted the account. i took the approach of trying to get it as far as possible in the shortest amount of time while also contributing to missions. this was around the time the latron wraith first became an event weapon. and the back to school event had happened giving away bunches of rare mods.

i played tons of def/surv T1 keys to level my gear and actually farm more keys. Turned bunches of keys into dragon keys (1 at a time) and just hunted for fleeting expertise (getting other nice corrupt mods along the way). hadnt done much to complete the planet nodes but didnt consider the recruiting tab cheating because ...well its there. searched wiki for mod drop locations i needed. lost track of the account a while back but had a potatoed excal with rank 7 redirection and vitality, fleeting and streamling (no need for steel fiber at the time), lotron wraith with point strilke, rank 5 serration and heavy cal, and some elemental mods but no vital sense, dex furis garbage mods, and a fully tricked out skana with crimson derivish. was really happy that almost all melee mods have lower rarity and lower max rank that other weapons. at one point got taxi'd to sechura so credits were no longer an issue but cores always were. 

i got a lot of the orange scores at the end of missions playing this way and really surprised a lot of people in pubs expecting to have to carry me but since i stayed mastery rank 4 or so almost the entire time. i couldnt do this with archwing or pets and my only real entertainment was surprising people since i never tried very many weapons/frames ( i had a main account for that!) and didnt consider pretending playing from the mentality of a new player.

a little bit of mention to second dream

If i were to try this again and see how fast i could get broken war, i imagine it would still take a while and by the time i did have the fully built archwing, i feel a new player having taken the same path would be experienced enough to deserve getting broken war. 

Know-how counts for a lot. Despite the fact that I'm running gear without Catalysts and Reactors and no maxed mods at all, I still end up doing well in most missions. The Accuracy stat at the end of missions as well as Headshot count are very telling as to why. ;)

Updates will be brief as play time is brief during Christmas.

Nyx up to 28. Kubrow up to rank 20. <3 my Sahasa.

Jupiter complete, can deploy extractors along with Mercury now.

Archwing ... Still not touching archwing. Just can't bring myself to.

Happy holidays all!

Edited by DaftMeat

Brief holiday update:

MR5. Finally tried to finish Vay Hek's boss node on Earth (the only one left on that planet, was MR4 locked). Not quite possible to solo at the moment. Got his health about down to 1/2 for his first form before running out of ammo. Also, there was a Trooper who was unreachable under the map who kept killing my Sahasa with full impunity. Around this point, family aggro ended up pulling me away and had to bail on the entire attempt. Ah well...

I was lucky enough to catch alerts for Vauban Helmet and Chassis, but missed Systems by an hour (also due to family aggro, saw the alert on my phone, couldn't break away to get it. Ah, the holidays...)

Still crippled by lack of credits. Not getting/building any more Warframes or weapons at the moment due to the costs for Syndicate ranking. Also, I was not able to afford Primed Point Blank from the Void Trader. Even if I sold all my Void Rewards, I wouldn't have had enough Ducats let alone the 110k credits required. Would have been nice for my Strun and the future Hek I plan to get an Augment from Steel Meridian for ... but just not possible at the moment. Also, all Valkyr parts built, but I can't spare the credits to build her. Due to limited inventory space I will have to decide between selling Excalibur or Nyx to make space. Will probably keep Nyx for crowd-control missions, then sell Excal to use Nyx as my damage/survival frame. Thanks for everything, starter frame.

Was able to get an Oculyst scan with help from a Clan mate (cheers to DawnFalcon!), and am one mission into Natah.

Miscellanea:

Redirection, Vigor, Vitality all rank 8

Energy Siphon rank 7

Serration rank 10

Hornet Strike rank 5

Pressure Point rank 9

Sahasa - Dig rank 5, Link Health rank 8

Archwing: Energy Inversion, Auto Trigger x2, Parallax Scope, Bleeding Edge, Extend Sudden Impact, Glacial Edge all at base rank. Archwing, bleh ...

Miscellanea:

Redirection, Vigor, Vitality all rank 8

Energy Siphon rank 7

Serration rank 10

Hornet Strike rank 5

Pressure Point rank 9

Sahasa - Dig rank 5, Link Health rank 8

You wot mate??

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vigor 5 ranks

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Siphon 5 ranks

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pressure_Point 5 ranks

ill just assume you meant install costs.

Kela defeated, Uranus and Europa unlocked.

Hek building, Cernos building.

Still trying to farm Formas for Syndicate offerings.

Just had my second Stalker appearance. Was on a solo spy mission, rank 30 gear: Nyx, Braton, Boltor, Skana, Sahasa. No other enemies in the room, just him vs me and my doge. After 3 minutes of dancing around with me moving constantly and barely doing any damage to him, he 1-shot me through the head again. That's 2 for 2 now. It doesn't feel like a challenge, he's truly become just a frustrating and disappointing annoyance to me.

I look forward to G3 and Zanuka appearances. If given the option, I would opt out of Stalker completely.

I have 1 more mission to go in the Natah quest. Will try for Second Dream after that, but I still doubt I'm geared up for that (freaking Stalker)...

Yeah, Stalker is now re-tuned around dealing with a group of players it feels.  Players with solid mods and access to a variety of damage types.  In other words, if you aren't rank 6 or higher with at least a few potato'd pieces of gear and maybe a forma or 2 installed, you're gonna have a bad time solo.

In a group of four who have at least some idea of what to do, he's pretty much a pushover.  But solo?  Good luck.  You need Syndicate-level weaponry to stand a chance.

Yeah, Stalker is now re-tuned around dealing with a group of players it feels.  Players with solid mods and access to a variety of damage types.  In other words, if you aren't rank 6 or higher with at least a few potato'd pieces of gear and maybe a forma or 2 installed, you're gonna have a bad time solo.

In a group of four who have at least some idea of what to do, he's pretty much a pushover.  But solo?  Good luck.  You need Syndicate-level weaponry to stand a chance.

Quoted for emphasis.

:P

Just had my second Stalker appearance. Was on a solo spy mission, rank 30 gear: Nyx, Braton, Boltor, Skana, Sahasa. No other enemies in the room, just him vs me and my doge. After 3 minutes of dancing around with me moving constantly and barely doing any damage to him, he 1-shot me through the head again. That's 2 for 2 now. It doesn't feel like a challenge, he's truly become just a frustrating and disappointing annoyance to me.

I think that's not necessarily a negative point. The Stalker is first introduced as a mysterious figure sending you death threats, which you, Scott Pilgrim and everybody else delete and carry on with your merry way. Then when he does show up mid-mission for the first time, he's to be this insurmountable evil BAMF douchebag that becomes your Nemesis; as he should be. I saw him as an end boss that I would eventually build my Warframe to defeat and that motivated me. Sure, once you have to appropriate Mods, normal Stalker gets instagibbed -- vengeance is met. Thankfully Second Dream revitalises his character makes him a meaningful threat again (because you know he only shows up when you've just Forma-ed your main weapon...).

I think it's interesting that veterans often undertake this so-called "challenge" to make a new account and "not cheat" (that Mobilise pack is a total cop out, but the way). The challenge to progression in Warframe isn't the lack of resources; you can and will gather sufficient amounts of it eventually. The challenge is knowing how. 

How do you build your arsenal of essential Warframes and weapons?

Veteran's answer: "Oh, you just go to this node, to unlock this boss node to farm for this Warframe etc. etc. etc."

Newbie's answer: "I see these Warframe blueprints in the Market, but where do I get the parts?"

Remember: The very first boss node, i.e. Captain Vor, does not drop Warframe parts. Instead he gives you parts to make a gun that's worst than the Viper.

How do you gets enough Credits to even build anything?

Veteran's answer: "Simple. Just run Void Captures or doze off over five waves of Dark Sector Defence in Akkad, Eris."

Newbie's answer: "I don't know. It took me a monumental effort to make the 100,000 for the Incubator Power Core, but I see people trotting around with millions..."

The latter was literally how I felt. I, too, started in October and played solo until well into November. Two weeks ago I was ecstatic to have saved enough Credits to purchase a Primed Continuity from Baro (110,000 Credits). Today I'm sitting on 3,000,000 Credits and the currency is now invisible to me. The change was me stumbling upon the "how". And I haven't even done a single Draco farm yet.

Veteran players with new accounts are simply gated by time. You know how to get to where you were, so it's simply how quickly you can get there. New players who never figure out how are stuck trying to get out of Earth.

I think that's not necessarily a negative point. The Stalker is first introduced as a mysterious figure sending you death threats, which you, Scott Pilgrim and everybody else delete and carry on with your merry way. Then when he does show up mid-mission for the first time, he's to be this insurmountable evil BAMF douchebag that becomes your Nemesis; as he should be. I saw him as an end boss that I would eventually build my Warframe to defeat and that motivated me. Sure, once you have to appropriate Mods, normal Stalker gets instagibbed -- vengeance is met. Thankfully Second Dream revitalises his character makes him a meaningful threat again (because you know he only shows up when you've just Forma-ed your main weapon...).
But he's not an end-boss. He's not locked behind an MR rank, he's not at the end of a star chart, and he's not at the end of a trial. He can show up at any time after you defeat Captain Vor on Mercury. And at that low a level of the game, players are woefully under-prepared to face what is thrown at them.

As posted before, I have been watching and dreading (again, no pun intended) his appearance. And when he finally did show up for the first time it was when I was in a squad with other players all higher MR than me, some of who even had maxed mods. And he still appeared, instantly 1-shot two of us with one arrow, and disappeared. How does anyone prepare for that the first time around? As far as I'm concerned, that is not "challenge" by any generous definition.

In my opinion Stalker is completely and totally not balanced and not at all a fun challenge, especially at the front-end of the game's progression. The email assassins are working well 2 out of 3 times: Grustrag Three and Zanuka are challenging. Stalker is just cheap.

Your opinion may differ.

I think it's interesting that veterans often undertake this so-called "challenge" to make a new account and "not cheat" (that Mobilise pack is a total cop out, but the way). The challenge to progression in Warframe isn't the lack of resources; you can and will gather sufficient amounts of it eventually. The challenge is knowing how.
And how many other veterans undertaking this "challenge" have you gotten feedback from? How is taking advantage of discount platinum a cop out? And for what it's worth, I've only bought 2 weapon slots for 12 Platinum which were still easily covered by the 20 Platinum that comes with every account.

Even with "knowing how" to do stuff, there is still a level of difficulty to the game to get to the point where you can even use said knowledge to do stuff. My experiences with Archwing the second time around is a perfect example. It's a painful chore even with Know How (almost 1 hour to Beat Mercury-Caduceus with no mods and no other players joining my open session). I've beaten Stalker countless times solo on my main account, that hasn't helped me a lick when he shows up on the low MR account. If you're insinuating that I'm deliberately losing encounters against Stalker so I can whine about it here, all I can say is that you're flat out wrong.

What's with the hostile condescending negativity here all of a sudden?

Veteran's answer: "Oh, you just go to this node, to unlock this boss node to farm for this Warframe etc. etc. etc."

Newbie's answer: "I see these Warframe blueprints in the Market, but where do I get the parts?"

Remember: The very first boss node, i.e. Captain Vor, does not drop Warframe parts. Instead he gives you parts to make a gun that's worst than the Viper.
But Vor does drop a Liset part that unlocks the next planet. When you get to that next planet and defeat the next boss to get to the next planet: Surprise! It also drops a Warframe part. It does become apparent as you keep progressing. To be fair, you raise an excellent point in that it could be better explained in the market, the blueprint description should definitely note where the parts drop.

The latter was literally how I felt. I, too, started in October and played solo until well into November. Two weeks ago I was ecstatic to have saved enough Credits to purchase a Primed Continuity from Baro (110,000 Credits). Today I'm sitting on 3,000,000 Credits and the currency is now invisible to me. The change was me stumbling upon the "how". And I haven't even done a single Draco farm yet.

Veteran players with new accounts are simply gated by time. You know how to get to where you were, so it's simply how quickly you can get there. New players who never figure out how are stuck trying to get out of Earth.
You seem to be under the impression that this is a Speed Run Test. That I am doing this to see how fast I can get this account back to End Game levels. That's not quite the purpose. It's to try and see how well designed it is. How well things are explained. To compare my original experience with the newer updated version that attempts to be more player-friendly, more well explained, and more lore-immersive. It's to give feedback in ways it seems to work very well, and some areas where it could use improvement. To review on some of the bullet-points thus far:
1) Auras are not introduced at all, perhaps include Damaged Aura choice (max 2 or 3 ranks) in tutorial?
2) Bullet Jump and Aim Glide need a better introduction.
3) Archwing mod acquisition needs re-evaluating, and damaged AW mods might be a great addition to the initial quest.
4) Feildron/Detonite/Mutagen are freely and frequently given away during invasions, crafting them is extremely cost-ineffective. The crafting costs for these resources should really be re-evaluated.

I'll be honest: Stalker is indeed probably my biggest pet-peeve in this game. Instead of being re-evaluated and redesigned to try to make him work at both ends of the Mastery Rank scale, he was just "updated" (i.e., made more difficult). These changes would be fine if he were designed solely for End Game geared players.

As I see it, there are a couple of options I would recommend or hope to see for future Stalker tweaks (behind a Spoiler tag for those who haven't finished The Second Dream):

1) Lock Stalker behind The Second Dream. Have the quest be his introduction to players, who by that time should be better geared and more experienced enough to face him.

2) Bring back a weaker original/vanilla Stalker for new players, and only unleash the more powerful Shadow Stalker for players who finish The Second Dream.

Either way, if the Devs are happy with Stalker's current state then my only suggestion would be to push him as he is into the late game.

Update: Third Stalker appearance. Was in a random group with myself at MR5, another MR5, an MR12, and an MR14. Lights flickered, and I got his transmission. Other players noticed the lights and asked if it was him (everyone in the group commented and seemed familiar with Stalker). We set a waypoint to gather, got ready, and kept moving while we waited for him.

He showed up, and we engaged. The other MR5 got an arrow through the head, one-shot. The other two attempted to revive him while I kited Stalker. He then used his version of Reckoning to suspend the other 2 players, and afterwards arrowed me through the head (one-shot killed me dead again) and then disappeared in his magic fart cloud.

Three for three defeats via one-arrow-through-head. If this is a matter of "skill", the bar seems to be set very high. I am really not enjoying this aspect of the game.

Moving on ...

Saturn fully unlocked. I have two Distilling Extractors in hopes of Neural Sensors at Jupiter and Orokin Cells at Saturn. Akbolto and Hek still building. I've halted Star Chart expansion while I finish off more nodes for the planets I already have. I also need to rank up more mods as damage output and survivability are starting to become an issue on the latest unlocked planets. Natah finished, The Second Dream unlocked.

Mastery Rank 6. Valkyr up to rank 15. Got my Sol Battery from Sanctuary, codex work should be easier now.

Had another Stalker appearance while running a solo spy mission with new gear. Aborted, have no patience for encounters with him anymore.

Zanuka also appeared briefly. Another player was marked and one-shot it before I even saw it. Free sigil and Detron part, I suppose.

Also getting spam attacked by New Loka. Was attacked during a defense mission no one else joined, and the team of Ancients just steamrolled my poor Nyx and destroyed the pod. They kept taking Cernos arrows to the head and shrugged them off. Amphis jump slams also had no effect whatsoever (no electric stun). Had to redo the mission to unlock that node.

Their second ambush was during a survival run, I was able to kite away one at a time to finally defeat them. Surprisingly, I learned that they can warp around the map: when I got too far away, I would often see another pair come out of a dead-end room ahead or to the side of me.

Encountered them a third time when another player was marked. Basically had to tank them with Valkr's Hysteria in order to revive teammates who kept repeatedly dying from fire and poison. Eventually they were taken out.

Damage mitigation auras, healing auras, toxic auras, energy drain auras, and a huge fire AoE... Loka hit squads are no joke for new players. They definitely don't compare to Roller hit squads or MOAs or Corrupted Lancers.

Stalker is definitely the worst offender, but all the assassins and hit squads could use some revaluation. The constant overpowered ambushes can be a chore.

Edited by DaftMeat

Bravo Daftmeat!  I've been trying to champion the cause of the new player ever since I started this brutal slaughter back in November of 2013.

People say this game is "easy".  At this point, my mantra is as follows:  Warframe IS NOT EASY.  Warframe BECOMES easy after you have epic mods, catalysts, reactors, and your gear starts seeing Forma.  The fact that new players are essentially thrown to the wolves with a completely inadequate tutorial helps nothing.  

Short version of my story:

I was nearing MR4 after about a month, and was on the verge of ragequitting.  My mods were point strike, vitality, fast hands, speed trigger, ammo drum, constitution, and warm coat, I think.  My only mod that did more damage was Pressure Point (melee).  I had no shields, no hornet strike, no serration, and crappy internet made multiplayer almost impossible.  I would get disconnected in the middle of SOLO MISSIONS.  

Strip all the mods from a Warframe, pull out a Braton, and slap on ONLY the mods mentioned above.  At 6 bullets to kill each enemy, the game is very different.  With no efficiency mods, you won't be using your powers.  No team play means that nobody had a siphon running ever.  Half the time I'd die in a mission, and need to burn a revive.  (this is better now, kinda)  I'd build health restores just to get a CHANCE to survive a mission.  With missions paying around 1200 credits each, and a revive costing 1,000, I'd collect nearly 300 net credits per node.

Mirror_el offered a contest on the forums for newbies.  I received a 10 point Serration, and a max Shred and Split Chamber.  I burned 20 starter plat on a catalyst to fit them all on.  The game instantly exploded out in front of me.  I went from 20 damage to 200 damage and could mow down entire crowds with my trusty Braton.  I became a low level walking apocalypse to enemies level 15 or less.

Suddenly, I could survive a mission on Jupiter!  I'd run a mission and not need a revive!  At 35 hours or so, I found my first Redirection mod for warframes!  (I had several for sentinels, but at 300 credits profit per mission, darkSectors didn't exist yet, sentinels were ridiculous to think of).  After only 109 hours, a serration appeared in front of me for the first time.

People don't realize what this game actually puts you through starting out.  Poor internet was my biggest handicap, but I'm not the only one who suffered that problem.  I also started an alt account, just to test gameplay and refresh my memory of the tutorials.  This game is still unkind to new players, although it HAS improved some.

Hopefully DE will add my guide to the Codex.  New players need answers, and Warframe, for a simple "shoot that guy in the skull so he dies" game, has a LOT of things you need to know.

I think this game would benefit greatly if more people tried a re-start, and honestly appraised the game's new player experience.

I think this game would benefit greatly if more people tried a re-start, and honestly appraised the game's new player experience.

I'm finding the same thing. Once a player hits that 1 million credit mark and maxes their essential mods, it's very easy to lose touch with how this game starts out for players. I am still explaining Bullet Jump to players I team with.

Kudos to Mirror_el too, as they had the right idea. I've been stockpiling auras on my main account since forever. Instead of selling them, I may start giving a few away to friendly new players.

Well, today's update is a very special one. Why is that? Because it marks my first encounter with Stalker ending with his defeat. And how was this achieved? Simple! The mark he was after simply rushed on ahead leaving us 3 squad mates behind to deal with the assassin. As Stalker spawned and ran single-minded after his prey, we simply shot him in the back. When he got to 10% of his life, he gave up and decided to sit and disappear, leaving Blind Justice behind him. Even when I won against him it felt cheap.

Anyway...

I now have rank 2 Point Blank, rank 3 Hell's Chamber, and a rank 3 Blaze. So I built a Hek and now I'm fairly well set for damage output until I get the augment for it (this should do well for me until the multishot nerf, if it ever comes).

Also finally got my first sentinel: Shade currently at rank 13. Ghost is already a big help with stealth runs and spy missions even with it's peculiar and finicky activation. Hoping for an Animal Instinct alert on a node I have unlocked in the near future (a guy can dream ...)

Still unlocking planets for extractor deployment. 5 more nodes to go on Mars.

No Archwing progress at all.

No further progress on Quests. I'm queued to start Patient Zero in order to unlock Mesa progress. Still not quite feeling up to trying Second Dream. Need to rank up Redirection and Vitality a bit more before attempting it, I think.

I'm finding the same thing. Once a player hits that 1 million credit mark and maxes their essential mods, it's very easy to lose touch with how this game starts out for players. I am still explaining Bullet Jump to players I team with.

Kudos to Mirror_el too, as they had the right idea. I've been stockpiling auras on my main account since forever. Instead of selling them, I may start giving a few away to friendly new players.

I do the same.  Had a player do that to me when I first started, and just did it about a week ago to a rank 3 who joined a friend and I randomly in a dark sector defense.

Aura's really do help the early player.  Getting an extra 5-14 slots makes a huge difference when you have no forma or reactors.

Edited by ShakeyMac

Patient Zero quest done, able to use Mutalist Alad V keys now. The Limbo Theorem and The New Strange are both available, but still holding off on all quest frames until I finish up more of the vanilla Warframes (rank then sell).

Also got my hands on Steel Charge and Rejuvenation, so with Energy Siphon I now have 1 aura for each polarity. Auras prepped for any new Warframe.

Shade is almost rank 30. Tempted to go with Helios next for codex assistance, but it doesn't impact game functionality. Still it might be interesting to see how well this sentinel can fill out a codex for a player (mine was mostly done on my main account when Helios came out).

No further ambushes by assassins or hit squads. Thank heaven.

The game is still coming along at a decent pace, barring Archwing.

This was actually nice to read, it's  really harsh for  new players. When I started playing this game was alongside a good friend we always dou in many other mmo games,  made it a bit easier, but if I was alone I think I would have dropped this game really fast, you know "how to"  but for many  new players it not that simple to understand the alerts, invasions and others, I for one was a wikia regular  my friend is not like that and I think many players aren't like  that.

Patient Zero quest done, able to use Mutalist Alad V keys now. The Limbo Theorem and The New Strange are both available, but still holding off on all quest frames until I finish up more of the vanilla Warframes (rank then sell).

Also got my hands on Steel Charge and Rejuvenation, so with Energy Siphon I now have 1 aura for each polarity. Auras prepped for any new Warframe.

Shade is almost rank 30. Tempted to go with Helios next for codex assistance, but it doesn't impact game functionality. Still it might be interesting to see how well this sentinel can fill out a codex for a player (mine was mostly done on my main account when Helios came out).

No further ambushes by assassins or hit squads. Thank heaven.

The game is still coming along at a decent pace, barring Archwing.

I went with Helios as my first Sentinel.  Dropped the 75 plat for him, and I've been very happy with how he performs.

I'm lazy, so my codex gets filled without even really trying, and it makes certain rare things (like Manics) much less of a hassle, since it's AI targeting.

Deconstructor also hits like a truck, and can be pumped up for some insane status chance with the dual-stat elemental mods.

Keep up the good work Daft.

I ran a second account much in the same way, but also to unlock all the broken steam achievements :)

Started with Volt, having chosen Mag previously,

I played a little differently - decided I would never assasinate a boss for a frame and never fuse anything but mod duplicates - fusion cores get sold.

Money trickles in steadily - by the time I master a weapon, I have the cash for new ones. Stuff gets upgraded as I play and the grind seems a bit less grindy when you get a rare mod that is a genuine pleasure as oppose to smacking fusion cores in everything for cash.

I also managed to get lucky so by the time I was halfway through Earth, I had the money and most parts for an Oberon. Credits were not a massive issue as I'd solo void keys, or invite random players to void runs. But then I'm patient with the benefit of all the game knowledge. I can see players hitting the cash wall and wondering "How the hell can I ever afford all this?"

From my experience: -

- The basic frame slots should be 3, not 2. There are a lot more frames now. You can at least then get 5 by buying slots with your starting plat.

- Weapons aren't problematic to build, but knowing which ones to keep and which ones to rotate from a staggering array of guns and blades is something you only get with experience.

- So many guns rely on damned neurodes

- The other benefits of getting mastery ranks (weapon slots, loadout slots etc.) wasn't made clear

- Carrier sentinel is your bestest friend. Ever.

From my experience: -

- The basic frame slots should be 3, not 2. There are a lot more frames now. You can at least then get 5 by buying slots with your starting plat.

- Weapons aren't problematic to build, but knowing which ones to keep and which ones to rotate from a staggering array of guns and blades is something you only get with experience.

- So many guns rely on damned neurodes

- The other benefits of getting mastery ranks (weapon slots, loadout slots etc.) wasn't made clear

- Carrier sentinel is your bestest friend. Ever.

+1

All very good points.

Achieved rank 3 with Steel Meridian.

I'm getting to the point where I can earn 100k credits a day, but they still get used amazingly fast (rank 3 Steel Meridian is costly).

In hindsight, I should have gotten Wyrm and Carrier before Shade. Mainly for weapon reasons. I don't have mods to spare for a separate pistol, I could always equip a sentinel with a rifle/shotgun opposite to what I'm using.

Sentinels also are not very well explained in game, especially in terms of weapons and the mod limitations. Ideally, I would love to start the tutorial with a sentinel which would get destroyed permanently by Vor before you leave. At least then new players would be aware of them before just randomly seeing them via other players or the Market.

Earth is now complete. Managed to find a team doing Hek runs, and I even got 1 of each Hydroid part in 3 runs (best luck I've ever had with RNG).

Climbing through Mastery Ranks again while farming for necessary mods to finish the star chart. Also following weapon tree upgrades (Lato, Bolto, Akbolto, Akjagara, etc.) I remember hating Akjagara with its wild recoil on my main account, but it's growing on me now. Then again, it may be because my current choices for side arms are limited to only Akjagara or Aklato at the moment...

Also got lucky with a Bastet helmet alert. I'm not a fan of Valkyr's default helm; thematically it's great, but IMO it's an eyesore.

Up to MR7. I've been Nightmare farming. I almost completely forgot about this game mode. Got more than a few random ones, but most happy about Shred (great on bows) and Animal Instinct (useful for stealth as well as collecting loot). Valkyr is so wonderfully overpowered. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm surprised Hysteria hasn't been nerfed hard by now. It really is a game-changer.

Missed the last Vauban Systems alert by 1 minute exactly. Such a tease...

No further assassin sightings myself, but one amusing anecdote: I was speaking to one of my clan-mates who is fairly new to the game. He tried to bring in 3 of his friends to try Warframe. Stalker appeared in their very first mission and killed them all. His friends got super salty and never played again. The End.

Enough beating of a dead horse for now...

Ember is cooking. Tipedo and Ripkas will be the next weapons I'm after as well. Still working on ranking up essential mods before starting The Second Dream. I am very eager to start that quest and begin Naramon farming. Valkyr with Dual Cleavers, Steel Meridian Augment, and increased crit chances from Naramon... Gives me goosebumps.

Still not playing Archwing (may just leave it for ranking up during Uranus play and quests like Limbo).