Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daftmeat's Daring Do-Over (2nd Account From Scratch, Minimal Cheating)

DaftMeat

Shred on bows??

Bows have innate punchthrough, go with speed trigger until you get vile acceleration.

Innate punch-through on bows is OK, but IMO Shred makes them astounding. I honestly prefer Shred to Speed Trigger on most weapons (Bows, Supra, Opticor, Boltor, etc.)

Ember has hit 30, Rhino up next. Also working on Wyrm (up to 23). Working my way through Uranus and Europa.

After a couple Syndicate sacrifices, I still have 3 Orokin Reactors and 6 Orokin Catalysts. The game has been more generous with these in alerts and invasions than I've seen in a long time. I still have yet to sell/buy anything for platinum outside of 1 Warframe slot and some Doge cosmetics.

I need to stop procrastinating and just give The Second Dream a whirl, but my playtime (and posting time) have been somewhat limited.

New players are new blood for a game and its community to live on. I thank you for doing this and discussing the accessibility of this game to new and returning players. Who knows when an old friend is going to eventually wander by burnt out from their previous game, and ask for a recommendation? It happens.

Made my way through Uranus (hur hur hur) and beat Tyl Regor Beaten. Eris is now unlocked and I got the message for The Jordas Precept.

I just realized something as well while earning Syndicate standing: the sacrifices you need to rank up give no indication on where to find each piece that is being asked for. This is kind of silly, as it will just lead people to ask others where it is in chat or on the wiki. There's no reason to obfuscate players as they go through these steps, there's no need to make it a mystery. Much like Warframe BPs in the market, there should be an indication on where to find the sacrifices you need.

Edited by DaftMeat

Mastery rank 8 achieved. The test was Platforming: Shoot the target, open the parkour path too next platform. I shot 2 targets, got on 2 platforms, then used aim glide to get to another platform, which ended up being the final one. 10 seconds, test over. Another indication that while Parkour 2.0 was a great adfition, there is still a lot of adjustments that need to be made as a result in the game.

Making my way through Europa and Neptune, collecting parts for Nova and Loki. The Raptor hanger is new to me, I didn't realize they finally got him away from that old map that had a base/shed in the center where you could hide. :)

Rhino is still cooking, Wyrm is done, ranking up Dethcube now.

Edited by DaftMeat

Took my rank 6 Rhino to Neptune to fight Hyenas. Went in solo because there were no squads or players available. Went up against a Blast Hyena and Frost Hyena, as well as a Fog Comba and Nul Scrambus at the same time.

Wow. WOW.

It took a lot of hit and run, a lot of kiting, a lot of alarm resetting, and 1 revive, but eventually I succeeded. It was one of the most difficult but rewarding game sessions I've had in years. Im not a fan of endless adds spawning during boss missions, personally. It feels like artificial difficulty. Still it was challenging and fun.

With Neptune boss down, I now have all planets open. Need to continue unlocking nodes now.

Otherwise, Wyrm fully ranked and sold. Dethcube coming up next. Working on other random weapons as credits and resources allow.

Took my rank 6 Rhino to Neptune to fight Hyenas. Went in solo because there were no squads or players available. Went up against a Blast Hyena and Frost Hyena, as well as a Fog Comba and Nul Scrambus at the same time.

Wow. WOW.

It took a lot of hit and run, a lot of kiting, a lot of alarm resetting, and 1 revive, but eventually I succeeded. It was one of the most difficult but rewarding game sessions I've had in years. Im not a fan of endless adds spawning during boss missions, personally. It feels like artificial difficulty. Still it was challenging and fun.

With Neptune boss down, I now have all planets open. Need to continue unlocking nodes now.

Otherwise, Wyrm fully ranked and sold. Dethcube coming up next. Working on other random weapons as credits and resources allow.

It would be nice if maybe like other games, the doors lock behind you and you are trapped with the boss in question. if it is a boss that is noted for having a group with them (Kela for example) having a finite amount of enemies accompany them would be fine (but sadly she is not that way). Some enemies in the game are already like this and makes sense: Tyl always is accompanied by his manic squad and behemoth juggernaut/lynx can spawn its own enemies. but other bosses just have hoards that you have no choice but to avoid because its pointless to engage. Vor on mercury is imo the biggest offender. I cant help new players and let them contribute to the kill because every enemy outside his room are 1-3 but inside it spawn much more densely and at 30-40 (when I have good gear). Without good gear to make it more possible for the other person, then we both struggle to kill him anyway. 

all other points that have been said in this thread have been great and things i forgot i struggled with too. from last dev stream it sounds like they know that the new player experience need work and im sure threads like this are really helping the devs understand what needs improvement. Keep up the good work!

Progress has been limited, have been consumed by collecting event mods on my main account. After 300 runs I am done with them. :P

The Second Dream has been competed. Stalker was annoying, but the real hard part was the Sentients. They are beastly when you don't have full sets of element mods. Anyway, Naramon school now unlocked and earning focus.

Vauban is ranking up. Other gear as well. Hek is my mainstay weapon. Carrier finished building. Now I'll be able to flip between Seeker or Wyrm's rifle opposite whatever I'm using on frame to avoid mod conflicts.

Just ran a Dark Dagger alert, and we almost got team wiped by a Rampart. These turrets are realistic, but too unforgiving in-game. You can be dead before you know one is nearby. I feel these things should definitely have a spool-up time like the Gorgon or Supra considering the damage they do.

May try sorties next, but I am wary without maxed mods. Still need to do raids as a newbie as well. I have gotten some event mods on the new account, but no rares. Probably for the best, having Argon Scope this early might have skewed results (that mod is OP as hell on my main account's Soma Prime).

Edited by DaftMeat

You're doing good work. I hope DE looks at this.

I felt like the new player experience was bad even though I had a friend hook me up with everything. I don't think I would have stuck with the game if I had to progress on my own, legitimately.

I wonder how many potential players they lose because of that. Not everyone has time and/or patience for how this game starts out.

You're doing good work. I hope DE looks at this.

I felt like the new player experience was bad even though I had a friend hook me up with everything. I don't think I would have stuck with the game if I had to progress on my own, legitimately.

I wonder how many potential players they lose because of that. Not everyone has time and/or patience for how this game starts out.

I find this to be very true. I've done some digging around YouTube for reviews of Warframe, and found many of the same criticisms.

One of the biggest: where to find stuff as a beginner. People buy Warframe blueprints for 100k credits, only to realize they have no idea where the parts drop. In one case (TotalBiscuit's wife, for example), she bought a Mirage blueprint only to find out afterwards that she had to complete an entire QUEST to obtain the parts. And the Quest had to be crafted, which she also didn't have the materials for. This drove her off Warframe for good.

Also, my friend told me that when he started out he leeched his way through the starchart with Loki. That makes me think that the game used to be more tolerable for new players because the starchart must have had more activity for him to be able to do that. Now of course, the starchart is rather barren except for certain hotspot missions.

Also, my friend told me that when he started out he leeched his way through the starchart with Loki. That makes me think that the game used to be more tolerable for new players because the starchart must have had more activity for him to be able to do that. Now of course, the starchart is rather barren except for certain hotspot missions.

The old starchart was more linear. The map looked like constellations, points connected by lines. You saw which nodes connected to other nodes and other planets. I miss it a lot.

Mastery Rank 9, Stealth test was a breeze but fun. Now that I think about it, there's no reason to hide what each mastery test is. The devs may as well at least give the name description of the test so that people can go in prepared. Otherwise, you go in unprepared, risk failing, and just have to redo in 24 hours. No one likes taking a test they are not prepared for. Pop quizzes are universally hated except for sadistic teachers. At any rate, most people will just check the wiki or ask friends/clan for info. Again, not having information up-front really serves no purpose.

Running the event casually on this second account for fun (after doing 300 runs to collect/trade for all new mods on my main account). Got Argon Scope, which is the only rare I really wanted.

Purchased my second Weapon Augment: Justice Blades. Fun times.

Edited by DaftMeat

Mastery Rank 9, Stealth test was a breeze but fun. Now that I think about it, there's no reason to hide what each mastery test is. The devs may as well at least give the name description of the test so that people can go in prepared. Otherwise, you go in unprepared, risk failing, and just have to redo in 24 hours. No one likes taking a test they are not prepared for. Pop quizzes are universally hated except for sadistic teachers. At any rate, most people will just check the wiki or ask friends/clan for info. Again, not having information up-front really serves no purpose.

It would be better if "see what your next test is and practice it consequence-free at Cephalon Simaris' room" was just made clearly known as part of an introduction to MR ranking-up in general. "You will have to re-qualify for the test" is a bit misleading, sounds like you'll lose your MR progress rather than just having to wait a day.

Possibly they could also add an Arsenal access point as in the Simulacrum to the starting platform of each test that is despawned as soon as you leave that platform to start.

Are they still introducing Kubrows to broke newbies? 

DE should really push the Kubrows back for people who can't afford to support them right off the bat.

I say, Kubrow should be a Rank 6 think. 

Also I wanna petition for allowing Rhino to be added to the Starter Set Up.

Excal / Mag / Volt / Rhino

Damage Bruiser / CC Caster / Damage Caster / Tank 

DE should really push the Kubrows back for people who can't afford to support them right off the bat.

I think they should add Frost and Ember too. 6 wouldn't be too many and those are all really good frames.

People who actually are overwhelmed by 6 choices would just pick Excalibur. They'd see 5 other choices and be like "whatever F*** that noise" and just pick him. So I don't think it would be a problem.

Regarding Kubrows, I believe DE noted in a previous patch that they increased the egg drop rate overall, and there is also an additional buff to players with the quest active. There's no way to test this if you've already done the quest though.

Update 18.3 notes:

Changes

Kubrow Egg drop rate has been increased overall.

Kubrow Egg drop rate increased significantly when playing the Howl of the Kubrow Quest during the Egg hunting Mission.

Edited by DaftMeat

I think they should add Frost and Ember too. 6 wouldn't be too many and those are all really good frames.

People who actually are overwhelmed by 6 choices would just pick Excalibur. They'd see 5 other choices and be like "whatever F*** that noise" and just pick him. So I don't think it would be a problem.

Frost is just basically Rhino spreading a shell over a wider area - they both tank damage, but with different tools.

Ember..... nah I wouldn't want to put Ember in a spot where she will be outpicked due to sheer power over Mag and Volt, who are in starter lineup purely because their abilities are open ended.

I would think a choice of 4 frames is ideal:

1) Excalibur as the all-around balanced frame

2) Volt as the Caster

3) Nyx as Crowd Control (*switch Psychic Bolts to her first power and Mind Control to her second already)

4) Rhino as Tank

Edited by DaftMeat