Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daftmeat's Daring Do-Over (2nd Account From Scratch, Minimal Cheating)

DaftMeat

Frost is just basically Rhino spreading a shell over a wider area - they both tank damage, but with different tools.

Ember..... nah I wouldn't want to put Ember in a spot where she will be outpicked due to sheer power over Mag and Volt, who are in starter lineup purely because their abilities are open ended.

Frost is more about defending his team while Rhino is more about being really hard to kill and providing CC and damage buff for his team.

Volt and Mag are probably getting buffed so I wouldn't worry about Ember overshadowing them in picks. Besides, Ember doesn't start out totally ridiculous. She needs some mods. I think Frost would be much better to start with because he barely needs any mods.

I think it would be good to have warframes of the 3 elements because a lot of gamers have a strong preference for one of those elements. There would be a lot of people who just instantly pick the frame that represents the element they like. Theme is really important to a lot of people.

Edited by Inmemoratus

I have two Kubrow Eggs.  One I got from repeatedly smashing the Kubrow Dens (because reasons) after about 100+ smashes I finally received one!

The other one I received from an Alert.

Neither of the Eggs show up in my inventory so I'm not entirely sure they're STILL there but I am hoping they are.  Once I can do the Kubrow Quest then maybe I'll be able to have one of my own.

The entire Kubrow monetization model makes it a money sink rather than something beneficial for players to enjoy.  Makes me cringe and just go make a Sentinal instead.

I have two Kubrow Eggs.  One I got from repeatedly smashing the Kubrow Dens (because reasons) after about 100+ smashes I finally received one!

The other one I received from an Alert.

Neither of the Eggs show up in my inventory so I'm not entirely sure they're STILL there but I am hoping they are.  Once I can do the Kubrow Quest then maybe I'll be able to have one of my own.

The entire Kubrow monetization model makes it a money sink rather than something beneficial for players to enjoy.  Makes me cringe and just go make a Sentinal instead.

Unfortunately true. I kind of think Kubrows should be locked at a higher MR level when players are better able to afford them, but you just can't keep dog lovers at bay. Some people will want to grindfarm the hell out of missions if they can get a doge out of it.

Unfortunately true. I kind of think Kubrows should be locked at a higher MR level when players are better able to afford them, but you just can't keep dog lovers at bay. Some people will want to grindfarm the hell out of missions if they can get a doge out of it.

I really wanna suggest removing stabilisers altogether man :C

I rather I feed my 200 + Bronze mods to my Kubrow. 

MR level shouldn't dictate when Kubrows are available.  It might be better to not lock away another shiny toy for new players and instead lower the prices/upkeep of the Kubrows to be more affordable for EVERYONE.

Interesting idea, hmm?  Let players enjoy content more often instead of taking it away from them.

Just a quick check-in to make some more notes on a specific topic...

ODONATA: Rank 19

MODS: Energy Inversion.

IMPERATOR: Rank 21

MODS: Parallax Scope, Auto Trigger.

VERITUX: Rank 19

MODS: Bleeding Edge, Cutting Edge, Extend, Galvanized Blade, Glacial Edge, Poisonous Sting, Sudden Impact.

Two-Thirds done with my first set of Archwing gear, and only melee has the basic mods needed to use the equipment. We need a better way of gaining essential mods. I know a lot of people think Damaged Mods are garbage, but we need at least something given at the end of the AW quest until we gain access to the real mods needed.

Also, this is just from Archwing missions, I have NOT been running Uranus mission for mixed-mode affinity gain.

Nyx sold to make room for Hydroid. People complain about him being the worst Warframe, but I think he has a decent mix of damage, mobility, and CC. Maybe he's not the best, but he's not awful. And on my main account, he's my go-to for radiation survival stories. His 3 augments are all amazing in those missions (status clearing, heals, and more life support? Yes please.)

Still no sorties, I need to clear up more of the star chart. Haven't done a Law of Retribution run yet either.

Loki is waiting in the wings. It will be interesting to play him without a max duration build (I only have Constitution at the moment).

First sortie run complete. Vazarin Lens, better than Unairu at least. Definitely need to max mods, but at least I could contribute during sorties. On #3, I was the only squad member not to get downed (go Valkyr!).

Finally have enough Fieldron to craft Helios. Then realized I was short Oxium. After farming a bunch of ospreys on Jupiter I finally had the 300 I needed, and build started. Then an alert came up for 300 Oxium. At least I still have some to spare now, yuk yuk.

Vazarin Master Race!!

Have yu tried DSD yet? 

I think Mars DSD is viable for farming at all levels of play, it was my go to before I went to Pluto and farmed Sechura. 

I've done a lot of DSD on Jupiter, but there were no squads when I needed Oxium.

I'm gonna do a similar run after they implement Starchart 3.0, because I want to get my friend (who's reluctant because he tried it like 3 years ago ._.) to try this game. I figure it'll be more fun for him if I play on a new account with him and share the same progression as him. I'll make my own thread as sort of a review of Starchart 3.0 when that happens, including my friend's impression of the game.

I'm gonna do a similar run after they implement Starchart 3.0, because I want to get my friend (who's reluctant because he tried it like 3 years ago ._.) to try this game. I figure it'll be more fun for him if I play on a new account with him and share the same progression as him. I'll make my own thread as sort of a review of Starchart 3.0 when that happens, including my friend's impression of the game.

Good for you! More people should really attempt starting over, it really gives you a fresh impression of the game (almost New Game Plus).

Hydroid has hit 30, levelling up Loki (finally, Spy missions the easy way). Only have Ivara helmet and systems, so that hunt continues. Oberon is cooking, because his parts drop endlessly. He will do as a "healer" until I farm Trinity.

I've run some Derilict vaults; my first one was bugged and gave no reward for opening a vault and extracting. Support ticket is still sitting idle for that, unfortunately. I've later gotten Vile Acceleration and Spoiled Strike in further runs. Hoping for Power/Efficiency mods for future runs...

Been playing bit more Archwing. Still no new mods, just dupes of what I already have. It is not a pleasant game mode. I look back on the days when I played gamess like X-Wing and Rogue Squadron, and wonder why Archwing can't be done the same way?

Vazarin Master Race!!

Have yu tried DSD yet? 

I think Mars DSD is viable for farming at all levels of play, it was my go to before I went to Pluto and farmed Sechura.

I prefer Naramon for +Melee Affinity, +Melee Crit, and +Invis on melee crit. But I will be working on Vazarin too since I have it now.

Shadow Stalker only appears when someone has finished the Second Dream quest. If someone has not yet finished it then it appears the normal stalker. I can confirm that because a week ago while in a squad normal Stalker come to mission (i think the person being hunted hasnt had done the Second Dream).

If you are in a group with high level players and you are the only one without completing the quest then its a high possibility Shadow Stalker might show up.

Edited by Marbelik

Shadow Stalker only appears when someone has finished the Second Dream quest. If someone has not yet finished it then it appears the normal stalker. I can confirm that because a week ago while in a squad normal Stalker come to mission (i think the person being hunted hasnt had done the Second Dream).

If you are in a group with high level players and you are the only one without completing the quest then its a high possibility Shadow Stalker might show up.

I understand that, I just believe that the original Stalker should still be toned down in addition. Plain/original/vanilla Stalker is still too much to throw at newbies. Shadow Stalker would be fine if only they removed his player-teleport and allowed players to run/abandon mission like the G3.

I understand that, I just believe that the original Stalker should still be toned down in addition. Plain/original/vanilla Stalker is still too much to throw at newbies. Shadow Stalker would be fine if only they removed his player-teleport and allowed players to run/abandon mission like the G3.

but...but what if he follows you home?!

second dream spoiler

AGAIN! D:

Edited by Wawazat

I'm just chiming in here to say Hi to everyone.

Again, Daftmeat, your progress is impressive.  I have concluded that I just don't have the tenacity to grind through my alt account anymore.

I miss my beloved Karak Wraith, which would make low level grinding so much nicer.  XD

Edited by EvilKam

IN regards to the "minimal cheating" part of the OP.

I do have a question, just how do we instantly revive players and kubrow?  Last night in my Sortie mission, I watched the 2 guys I was with instantly revive each other....just seemed odd to me, but maybe I missed a new mechanic, I know I had to spend all my time sitting there rezzing my dog like normal.

I do have a question, just how do we instantly revive players and kubrow? Last night in my Sortie mission, I watched the 2 guys I was with instantly revive each other....just seemed odd to me, but maybe I missed a new mechanic, I know I had to spend all my time sitting there rezzing my dog like normal.

Second dream spoiler

It's a perk from that system. Just wait and see once you find that system.

I'm just chiming in here to say Hi to everyone.

Again, Daftmeat, your progress is impressive.  I have concluded that I just don't have the tenacity to grind through my alt account anymore.

I miss my beloved Karak Wraith, which would make low level grinding so much nicer.  XD

Come back to it at your own pace, don't make a job of it. I do it for fun, really. It's not like I obssess over getting 100% of everything. As noted previously, I completed Shadow Debt on my main, and then just ran a bit on my second account for fun (and even got an Argon Scope there too).

I do have a question, just how do we instantly revive players and kubrow?  Last night in my Sortie mission, I watched the 2 guys I was with instantly revive each other....just seemed odd to me, but maybe I missed a new mechanic, I know I had to spend all my time sitting there rezzing my dog like normal.

Second dream spoiler

^ What this guy said. It's an ability you can earn after finishing "The Second Dream" quest.

In other news, Mastery Rank 10 achieved. New loadout slot, and earned my 3rd extractor for the star chart. Loki has hit rank 30, still only have Ivara Helmet/Systems from Spy runs.

*Edit: This is almost the 2 month mark for the second account, and that's with only 1 booster purchased with the Mobilize Pack from Steam. The account is moving along at a decent rate. It's a grind, but it's not a terrible grind, and kudos to DE on getting the pacing just right.

Edited by DaftMeat

Come back to it at your own pace, don't make a job of it. I do it for fun, really. It's not like I obssess over getting 100% of everything. As noted previously, I completed Shadow Debt on my main, and then just ran a bit on my second account for fun (and even got an Argon Scope there too).

^ What this guy said. It's an ability you can earn after finishing "The Second Dream" quest.

In other news, Mastery Rank 10 achieved. New loadout slot, and earned my 3rd extractor for the star chart. Loki has hit rank 30, still only have Ivara Helmet/Systems from Spy runs.

*Edit: This is almost the 2 month mark for the second account, and that's with only 1 booster purchased with the Mobilize Pack from Steam. The account is moving along at a decent rate. It's a grind, but it's not a terrible grind, and kudos to DE on getting the pacing just right.

That is awesomely impressive. from my experience and playing with others, you are reaching a turning point. once you reach rank 12 you will be high enough mastery for any weapon in the game yet have maybe only a third (if that) of the experience necessary to hit rank 21 (let alone 30). the game becomes quite overwhelming one you realize what it takes to reach high mastery. People start debating weather or not its worth trying to achieve high mastery or just work on weapons they love and want improve/forma.

For you it might be a harder or easier choice. you may already know that your original account is for mastery and just continue playing the second account only to try and finish the star chart, events/quests and determine the difficulty for new players to become regular players (in which case it sounds like your almost there! at least for mastery anyway) or you could decide to keep going and see how far you can get without exploiting/cheating as you've said. Im very interested to see where and how far you take this! 

Second dream spoiler

I have done the 2nd dream quest.  Now to google nd YT to find out where that perk is.  Or is it part of one of the focus lines?  I took the very deceptive Uniaru line. 

I have done the 2nd dream quest.  Now to google nd YT to find out where that perk is.  Or is it part of one of the focus lines?  I took the very deceptive Uniaru line.

The Focus school with revive perks is Vazarin. Unairu is probably the least desirable school at the moment, but also possibly the most under-rated school. It's not BAD by any means, by most feel it isn't quite as useful as Naramon with +affinity +crit +invisibility, Vazarin with healing and instant revives, and Zenurik with additional energy regen. The devs have stated that Unairu will be getting looked at and probably changed/buffed in the near future.