Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daftmeat's Daring Do-Over (2nd Account From Scratch, Minimal Cheating)

DaftMeat

I'm good at Spy, and hacking.. didn't know that's where Ivara came from though. I've got a Loki Prime from when it was the prime bundle, so that gives me a good tool. I'll give these tips a try and also head to Uranus to scan whatever. I have no idea how I would have known to do that(I only recently discovered scanning, by coincidence of seeing the scanner item in the Market.. nothing ingame told me anything about it.) Don't want to derail the thread with tips for me, so I won't get too indepth about my other issues. Thanks again.

13 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

I'm still in favor of going with Loki first as he's easier to farm. You are guaranteed a Loki part every time you beat the Hyenas on Neptune. Even if it's not the part you need, odds are you'll farm him quicker than you'll farm Ivara. Upgrade to her afterward if you prefer.

Main draw for Ivara is that you always have power in your pocket with Quiver being so amazing between Sleep and Cloak arrows.

I didn't know which Warframes Vomitous was referring to having zero chance at gaining (perhaps just Primes?) so I didn't want to suggest something that might have a combat performance wall blocking it. By the time you have access to Neptune for Loki, you have access to a third-tier Spy node for Ivara's blueprint and helmet; Spy missions can be easily run solo and without needing to kill anything but an occasional camera.

I find Corpus ones especially speedrunnable, as soon as you know where the cameras are. Sensor Regulators in Grineer missions can be a little more obstructive.

That melee stealth multiplier (with or without finisher) on Sleeping targets is enough to get anyone through any boss that you can stab. Loki has nothing that actually augments power unless you've never been detected to begin with.

Your mileage can vary greatly though, RNG being RNG. At least you're likely getting solid element/status mods in the meantime before Ivara components appear, though.

2 minutes ago, Vomitous said:

I'm good at Spy, and hacking.. didn't know that's where Ivara came from though. I've got a Loki Prime from when it was the prime bundle, so that gives me a good tool. I'll give these tips a try and also head to Uranus to scan whatever. I have no idea how I would have known to do that(I only recently discovered scanning, by coincidence of seeing the scanner item in the Market.. nothing ingame told me anything about it.) Don't want to derail the thread with tips for me, so I won't get too indepth about my other issues. Thanks again.

I don't think you need to know to scan the Oculysts to start Natah - I believe they can scan you if they get a chance, then you have to scan them as part of the quest you get as a result, which you're told about, if I remember correctly.

Edited by EDYinnit
added reply to Vomitous

1 minute ago, Vomitous said:

Do not worry. As I've said before, this is exactly why this thread exists. I hope this helps you out.

Traded an extra Saryn Prime BP for Narrow Minded. Spy missions with Loki just got a lot easier.

Failed the MR11 test again. My fault, I didn't practice since last time. To be fair though, it doesn't always do a great job of telling you where to go at some points, and I forgot all about that one circular platform that slowly rises up part-way through (which ate up all my time this run).

To date: still no Forma again. I've run T3C, I've run T3Def, and T3Survival, and I can't get lucky for it to drop. So many people complained that it polluted the table, but honestly I think those are all Veteran players who have tons stockpiled. For newer players, the stuff has gotten much more rare.

RNG rewards need structure. At present, it seems parts are just randomly thrown in wherever there seems to be room. I would love there to be a formula like Blueprints in Tower 1, Common parts in Tower 2, Uncommon parts in Tower 3, Rare parts in Tower 4. At least then you don't have to keep referring back to chat or the wiki when looking for stuff.

Haven't been playing this account too much, like many others I've been enamored with the new quest and getting Inaros. I have been fighting the urge to rush his final build. 

Finally got Forma, albeit from an alert. I still haven't gotten lucky with RNG, and :meridian: &:suda:   have not been ranked up because of not having sacrifices. May have to delve into trade chat, although I don't think I have anything of worth besides :platinum: (which I'm hesitant to spend). 

MR11 test passed, thanks to Valkyr's Ripline to bypass some long jumps and slow segments.

All Ivara pieces had been crafted for a couple days, and after a few more Spy runs I finally got her main BP just now. Ivara is cooking and will be ready in 3 days.

Also, emojis. Here's Clem because Clem :clem: 

New landmark today: first crafted Prime gear claimed with Burston Prime. Paris Prime is also building now as well. This is just from randomly playing different Void missions without checking drop locations on the forums, the Wiki, or by asking other players.

That is a lot of time spent in order to find all the pieces needed without using any external resources. I really wish at least Prime gear had a better in-game method to show players where to look. It could even be something lore-friendly like ”Void Resonance: pieces of items forged in the Orokin era call out to each other, as if they want to be made whole again. "

Ivara claimed and being ranked up. Sold Loki to make space (being stingy with Platinum still, didn't buy more slots yet).

Finally got a Forma BP from the Void (!) now that I don't really need it. RNG, yo.

Still trying to get Trinity Prime helmet to max ranks with Steel Meridian.

Edited by DaftMeat

I've been working on unlocking more of Earth/Moon nodes (need to deploy extractors there already) and Eris while working on the Jordas quest. I've also been collecting Drift mods, and still need Coaction (hard enough to find the Collaboration test, but most random teammates seem unwilling to bother with it) and Speed (this test is a bit tricky without the ability to practice it). I have become a bit of a pro with the dang pipe organ test and Agility mod though (mainly because I've had to practice it over and over and over to get it right).

I have reached Lawful with :hexis: and now have all the Ammo/Health/Energy/Shield blueprints from the syndicates. Still no Trinity Prime Helmet :meridian: sacrifice.

Still working on collecting dual stat mods from Spy missions, Void Vor, and Hives.

Edited by DaftMeat

Hello,
Reading trough your thread I was remembered of days.... past days.
Here is some of my observations on your side:

1) You don't seem to spend platinum. Myself as while I was a new player and myself as an "accidental twink" for couple of weeks - I did not stockpile platinum. My sanity > RNG. And you do trade, so it is not a case of being poor.
2) You are able to discard frames and weapons. While this is arguably proper - again new user would preffers keepen at least the frames, since he Is not aware that many of them have direct upgrades.
3) You are not going for shiny? Even while shiny equipment is not really the "best of best", you don't bother - I did mentor couple of new players and this was one of the most frequent questions - "how to get shiny prime?". This may be your actual knowledge of the game giving you a bad service. For example it is easy to acquire and polish weapon like Orhtos prime, and this weapon is a good can opener for any new player. And yes, I saw Paris and Burston.
4) You are relatively unfazed by the vault lock. Again, this is new as an "old player" knowing that Void Burn out is bad (and maybe, since you already have this equipment, you do not need it again?). But new players go head first and everything be damned.

And couple of questions : 
a) Were you not interested to do more Nightmare runs? Yes, you as an High ranker acquire nightmare mods from the NM LoR, but seeing as many of them are pretty strong compared to normal mods.... Same with vault runs. You may have done it, but I did not see an Diary entry for it (may be my mistake from reading everything too fast)
b) Do you accept patronage help? Not as in platinum - taxi service, flat out keeping you alive and mods that you may need. I know that many players do not mind giving away stuff and time, since it really does not matter for them.
c) Did you tackle with Conclave? 
d) Do you purposely evade Ash and Ember?
e) How do you deal with the lack of players on many nodes?
f) Why not use Wiki? It is maybe the most honest advice I have given to any player - Use the damn Wiki and read the patch notes, since changes do happen and they hit hard.

I enjoy your diary and value the fact that you care. Old players have lost touch with the game, and this is not good. 

Edited by phoenix1992

1) I don't spend a lot of plat on either account, to be honest. It's my nature to be stingy with the "real" currency. I have bought some slots for Warframes and weapons, but I just don't broadcast it.

2) You are right that most new players don't know the whole Prime upgrade angle, something I wish the game was more transparent about. Most frames do a good job of giving you a feel for what they do: Loki is a stealth frame, and I sold him to make room for Ivara. But how does a player know that before they play Ivara and have sold Loki to make room for her? There is no test drive in Warframe, unfortunately. The only way for a new player to figure this out is by wiki or direct questions.

3) My Hek with augment, Sonicor with 120% Impact mod, and Dual Cleavers with augment are doing very well for me at the moment when I need serious weapons. Once I hit MR 12 I'm eligible for syndicate primaries and will start grinding for those.

4) There are a lot of things that can be farmed in the void, but I'm not bothering to look up drop locations on this account for the most part. This is a second account I do for funsies, I try not to get OCD over it.

My main is a Founder account. I can't un-know everything I know. But I can give some perspective by looking back with hindsight.

a) I've done some nightmare and derilict vaults which I've updated about. But for the most part, few of my mods are maxed and no gear has forma yet. I do collect some but they're not a priority since I don't always have room to slot them.

b) I avoid asking for taxis and never ask for free stuff. I'll run some missions I haven't unlocked if invited, and always trade for what I want.

c) Not a PVPer, but others are free to enjoy it they like.

d) Ember was 30d which I thought I posted. Ash parts collected, just need to buy BP (liw creds with synd sacrifices)

e) I team what I can, solo what I can, postpone what I can't.

Happy gaming!

Edited by DaftMeat

1 hour ago, DaftMeat said:

1) I don't spend a lot of plat on either account, to be honest. It's my nature to be stingy with the "real" currency. I have bought some slots for Warframes and weapons, but I just don't broadcast it.
*snip*

1) Slots are not the big game eaters. Completing prime sets, dealing with forma, reactors and catalysts are big eaters. Especially when you need parts for syndicates.
2) Hek and Steel Cleaver with augment is not exactly "new player" level. Yes, they are superior to many things at this level, but - the game never tells you "yo, get this, do a lot of damage, heal and prosper!", your original play style and comfort zone saps into the game. Augments are one of the most important things in the game, but you know that already, hence your equipment habits are twisted towards it. A good example for this is, players discarding frames because they lack the knowledge of syndicate mods, and that even if they can't acquire them, they can trade for them.

b) There is not much in the game that is not free stuff. I have not met a player that does not feel like S#&$, when a new comer or someone pushing rank 8-9 is not able to deal with the RNG and has to beg for help. And the lack of mods, can be a reason to discard equipment.
e) Should be turned to a Loading Screen hint.

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

1) Slots are not the big game eaters. Completing prime sets, dealing with forma, reactors and catalysts are big eaters. Especially when you need parts for syndicates.
2) Hek and Steel Cleaver with augment is not exactly "new player" level. Yes, they are superior to many things at this level, but - the game never tells you "yo, get this, do a lot of damage, heal and prosper!", your original play style and comfort zone saps into the game. Augments are one of the most important things in the game, but you know that already, hence your equipment habits are twisted towards it. A good example for this is, players discarding frames because they lack the knowledge of syndicate mods, and that even if they can't acquire them, they can trade for them.

b) There is not much in the game that is not free stuff. I have not met a player that does not feel like S#&$, when a new comer or someone pushing rank 8-9 is not able to deal with the RNG and has to beg for help. And the lack of mods, can be a reason to discard equipment.
e) Should be turned to a Loading Screen hint.

1) Very true, my main account is very completion-centered and as such everything on acct 2 does not have that New Shiny Must Have appeal. But that's not something that can be faked, and as such not entirely the focus. I'm more concerned with how the game guides and informs players, and not necessarily How To Get All The Best Gear.

2) I only use the augmented weapons when appropriately needed: sorties, Void runs, high level alerts. The rest of the time, I'm ranking up new weapons. I've posted before that syndicates are big deal and should have a bigger introduction as soon as players are eligible.

b) This is one of the best parts of this game, but is almost the most frustrating. Almost everything is free, but it's hell to get. Great business strategy, though.

e) The loading screens are a mixed bag. Some are useful, but some are so vague for no reason (the "lights flickering \ strength in numbers" blurb is a pet peeve, it tells you nothing).

10 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

2) I only use the augmented weapons when appropriately needed: sorties, Void runs, high level alerts. The rest of the time, I'm ranking up new weapons. I've posted before that syndicates are big deal and should have a bigger introduction as soon as players are eligible

In case someone is still wondering what is the deal - Justice Augment is capable of healing. This raises your sustain a lot, while also giving pretty strong flat buff (100% melee damage, 200% multishot) and blows with 1000 blast damage.  It is the reason why you see many players do pretty amazing feats, even while they are carrying low level gear.

Edited by phoenix1992

6 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

In case someone is still wondering what is the deal - Justice Augment is capable of healing. This raises your sustain a lot, while also giving pretty strong flat buff (100% melee damage, 200% multishot) and blows with 1000 blast damage.  It is the reason why you see many players do pretty amazing feats, even while they are carrying low level gear.

There really should be a notice about syndicates for players as soon as they pass the test for MR3.

With the current Tac Alert, I've been focusing on collecting dual stat mods. Only missing Jolt & Voltaic Strike from the TA and Hives, and Virulent Scourge from Void Vor.

I'm on the last leg of Jordas quest now that I finally have Potent Pherliac pods. It felt like it took forever to get all the parts from Juggernaut due to RNG. Also, Juggernaut is just plain evil. A fairly well-built Valkyr blocking with her melee weapon is still subject to insta-death with its spine attack. Anyway, with buggy Archwing mods I'm holding off trying to complete the quest for now. Also, it has Archwing so it has that against it too. :p 

I managed to get my hands on a Primed Heavy Trauma previously from Baro. Also crafted a Kestrel and bought Entropy Flight from Suda. All I'm missing is Collision Force from making it my favorite melee weapon (only had enough to buy Pummel for my Sonicor during Baro's last visit; no regrets).

While ranking up Ash, Soma, Spira, and Lesion, I qualified for the next Mastery Rank test. Ran the rotating laser test (did it legit, did not teleport to the upper level to avoid lasers entirely) and am now at MR12, effectively the last rank that currently restricted access to anything in the game (Syndicate Primaries).

This blog first began when I started on 12/16/15, which means in a little over 3 months of somewhat intensive playtime I've managed to burn through a lot of content to get to more-or-less "End Game" levels. Though to be fair, it is often said that Warframe either has no real "End Game" or that it is simply whatever you want it to be (min/maxing, collecting, Fashionframe, speed runs, wheeling and dealing on Trade, building a Clan/Dojo, etc.).

"End Game" is very subjective. For me, it became starting over again to see how the other half of the player base lives. I have never hidden the fact that I *know* I am spoiled by being a Founder and having early access to the game. My only regrets being that I was not involved in Closed Beta and still came in a bit late to Open Beta (my OCD compulsive collecting nature still stings thinking about that damn Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal, and I regret not being a full Grand Master for Lato Prime). I can only imagine how hard it is for players who came even later and never had a chance at these items (and likely never will, but that's another divisive topic which I don't want to get into too much here).

I try to have a lot of sympathy for new players. I remember how it was starting out and making a lot of the mistakes I did. It's refreshing seeing new players come into the game and getting to experience the same rush of excitement through their eyes as they progress through content. It's great being able to hand out Energy Siphons and giving away extras of that one weapon stance they needed that they've been hunting for a week. It feels good to walk people through their first Law of Retribution (something I honestly feel is not explained at all well enough in-game). I can't explain how thrilled I was when Devstream #71 noted that there was going to be a Sentinel Intro Quest added for New Player Experience (thanks again to @AM-Bunny for his overview). I have no idea if they read it in my list above or if it was just coincidence. Either way, I believe it's a great addition to the game's tutorials.

I plan on continuing with this second account, but probably much less aggressively than I have thus far. It's a great way to keep in touch with New Player Experience. New players will always be an important part of this game's health and continuing success, and I hope that I can contribute to that by doing my part to help players make their way through the game.

I also want to express many thanks for all the feedback and opinions shared by all the other players here so far. Many have brought up many good points and ideas that I either hadn't considered or would have missed entirely.

Finally, thanks to all of you who have been reading as well.

Happy gaming, Tenno! See you in-game...

Spoiler

0FJ3tco.gif

Edited by DaftMeat

• 1 month later...

Minor update: first Prime Warframe randomly earned and completed with Loki Prime. Even without Narrow Minded and a max duration build, I still use him for stealth more often than Ivara. I'm just set in my ways.

Apart from that, not much new. I still login with the account every day for the sake of log in bonus, but don't play it as much as previously. Still never raided with the account, and Sorties just don't interest me (I can get 25 cores easier elsewhere).