The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Screen Frozen But Sound Continues

Xaiux

Whenever I play, eventually this happens. The game will freeze for a second, then the sounds will keep going but the screen will stay whatever it was. If I alt tab, the game will just come up as an empty window. Sometimes when this happens there's a harsh buzzing and every program becomes very laggy. Then, a notification that the display driver stopped responding and recovered will pop up or I get a BSOD saying DPC Watchdog violation. This bug has persisted for me through Windows 8 to 10, including a full computer reset, and myriad numbers of driver and game updates. Specs are:

CPU: Intel i7-4700MQ.

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 750M, always on latest drivers. 

Laptop model: Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p.

8GB of RAM, recently replaced 1TB hard drive with a 24GB caching SSD. 

Welcome to the world of TDR crash

Quick Fix: go to your power options under control panel -> click on change plan settings (the one you are currently using) ->  change advanced power options -> PCI Express -> Link state power management -> set both to off -> restart

Welcome to the world of TDR crash

Quick Fix: go to your power options under control panel -> click on change plan settings (the one you are currently using) ->  change advanced power options -> PCI Express -> Link state power management -> set both to off -> restart

Can you explain what that does? I did go and change the TDRDelay registry value.