Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Grind In Warframe Killing The Game?

tripletriple

I love warframe and DE. But the grind in Warframe is becoming a little much. For me personally I am accustomed to a little bit of grind, but everyone who I have recommended this game to has left because of the grind and almost unobtainable objects. If I do recommend the game to people they don't want to play it because they heard it was just a grinding game.

DE once said they would reduce the grind, but with the release of NE Zha, I don't see that happening. Equinox and Ivara are both warframes I grinded hours for. People get turned off by that. The new single handed stance mod is practically a myth!

Focus is a giant grind that many wouldn't even care to try. 

What do you guys think? Is the grind becoming too much to the point of running players away? Or is the grind fine where it is?

Edited by tripletriple

DE was lying so hard when they said they're trying to reduce the grind. The release of Nezha is them taking that phrase and flushing it down the toilet.

As for grind killing the game? Yeah, it is. As in, killing a lot of people's desire to play the game when they make these new things that are almost impossible to get unless you spend money on the game. What a joke. 

Yeah. I was actually willing to purchase nezha, but the fact that I'm almost forced to now just made me lose interest, I wanted to support this game I don't want to be forced into it. I was fine with the nitain extracts, but putting the parts in sorties is kinda cruel.

The grind is the game. This is as skinner box as it gets.

So much this. And even after that it's simple rinse and repeat. I wouldn't wonder if the next part of a frame is only available after 200, 400, and 600 cumulative logins. Damn, I shouldn't give DE ideas.

My gf and I were just discussing that and we both agreed that it's becoming to much. We cant count how many spy missions we've farmed and only have two parts since the release. Same for the frost prime chassis, just endless farming. Now we can only try once a day for nezha or trade who knows what for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sortie system is there to prepare us for the new star chart. From what I remember, they made it sound something like the mission system in Skyforge.

The game has improved to levels i was not expecting and i am liking it even more than the day i installed it for the first time ... BUT i remember when they said "we do not want the game to feel like a giant grindwall" ... dang ... Ivara has something to say about that :( 

it isn't yet (the grind isn't helping but it isn't crippling is what i mean), but with this mindset it eventually will. de is just progressively adding more and more grind to the game without reason or rhyme, against the communities wishes, and even contradicting their own claims (making it worse as it means they are willing to lie to our faces) which is eventually just going to make more people leave than they are getting in.

Considering at least one of my three friends who also play this game after reading the patch notes is already considering quitting the game? Yeah they just royally screwed up. They've been pushing the limits to see just what they can get away with.

The straw is now breaking the camel's back.

Is it the grind, or is it that you can't get the newest stuff immediately? I just think too many people burn themselves out slamming against rng/time walls instead of just casually getting stuff over time.

This is true, but the way new content is introduced is completely off the rails and senseless. I mean, why not place Nezha into Clan Research and be done with it? I guarantee you, had DE done that and bundled it up with making Sortie rewards drop only once per Season, players would be praising them to hell and back instead of this. It's almost as if they're trying to see how far they can push the community before the community starts pushing back.

And mind you, I'm usually always on DE's side in discussions such as this; I don't mind waiting for new content and almost always take it slow in Warframe.

I fully intended on buying the 4000 Platinum pack earlier today but have now held onto that money, for the time being. 

Edited by Gale47

Every time I try to get people to play this game with me.  When they saw all the cool stuff to get in the game, they asked "how to get this or that!" 

It kills me every time I had to be as positive about it as I can, yet it doesn't change the reality.  Pay with plat or prepare to grind, there are no middle ground.  That's fact.  Whether you enjoy the grind or not, it is always a turn off for people who just started the game.  They're not even fully on board with the game and yet it teases with the grind you'll have to do to get what you want.  I'm sorry but Warframe isn't some best game of the decade, people aren't going to all commit into the grind when they haven't even been fully grabbed by the game, they go play something else.  If I haven't been playing since the beginning where there's basically nothing really worthwhile to grind for, I couldn't see myself putting my time into this game.

The slogan for this game should be "Warfarm - Ninja grinds".

Try explaining to new players they have to always check out for alerts to get Vauban, or nitain to get Wukong.  Not even that, try explaining the method to get any other Warframe that isn't the lineup from 2013.  

Edited by Casval_Rouge