Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Grind In Warframe Killing The Game?

tripletriple

What do you guys think? Is the grind becoming too much to the point of running players away? Or is the grind fine where it is?

I'm quite all right with the game and the grind. The game is just too much fun to play for me to be bothered with the grind. Yeah, it's a hard grind and I ran Tyl Regor for Equinox 47 times, no joke, to get all the parts. My buddy? 56.

But, this is the game. I see no reason to complain.

is an item has a 5% chance at 20, then a 7% chance at 40, then a 9% chance at 60- players will consider 9% to be the "real" drop rate and complain that they NEED to play 60 min to get an item. If they go 60 and dont get it, even more raging at DE for making them grind for nothing. If its guaranteed to drop at 60, then players rage that it takes 4hrs of mandatory grind to get a new prime.

Its a horrible idea

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit I take it. He's not saying adding more rotations, which is what you're saying he is doing. He's saying drop a prior item from the list. If you were to stay oh...3 hours you could get every item on the list. Having said that, while I understand where he is coming from, the amount of exploitative frames and combos would make this cakewalk to actually do and isn't enough of a wall to actually be any real effort to get anything. nobody will complain they have to stay this long, people are already spending way more time than that in one go on repeating the mission for things, this will make it all -too- easy.

All they really need to do is expand on the void trader to allow people with enough ducats to just trade them for the parts they want to keep edge cases of "I've run 500 Defense 3's to 40 and never got the part I need" edge cases and call it a day, obviously...500 is a extreme exaggeration, but these are the types of things that should not happen.

For me its a two-sided issue.

No- The grind is actually welcome.  Let me explain, Once I reached MR 20 and had only a weapon or two left to level (and Arch-wing and raids which I avoid) the game became boring and I wasn't playing much because of no new content. Now I prioritize sortie runs for the rewards and new frames/weapons.

The best part is the new frames which I like to level and try different builds with. I don't mind grinding xp to forma new frames and weapons. I'm even having fun grinding the void solo again with new frames for ducat fodder.

YES- While I liked the new U18 quest, I don't like that we are a child controlling the warframe and I really don't care for the alternate form using focus abilities. This game is called WARFRAME, not "CARRIE in a warframe". Yes I have a few lenses installed and might even buy greater lenses when I understand the abilities better, but I don't bother grinding focus just to unlock these abilities that I have no desire to use right now anyway. Maybe this will change when I get bored with new frames and am awaiting the next new major content. 

Every game needs RNG or some form of 'grind'. You can't expect to have things handed to you.

Well yes, because i can imagine how thrilled ppl would have been if in BB: old hunters  to get holy moonlight blade would been RNG based, not reward for killing ludwig. There would have been fires. People would have died.

No not every game need RNG, in fact rng should be removed entirely from indrusty, even mild ones. Grind is fine if done right, like Monster hunter or xenoblades X way, destroy certain part of the enemy to get certain item. Or in case xenoblades X, items wich are not gotten from enemies have certain spawn places wich wont change and this includes rare items ones, spawn timer is different though depending on rarity of item.

Or like allready afformentioned BB: old hunters and its holy moonlight blade, it isnt just handed to you, you need to slay ludwig the accursed(wich is easier said than done)  and to talk his severed head, wich is missable. Does warframe use any of these? Mostly no, everything is based on luck. You are not rewarded in this game, you are either lucky or not. And this slotmachine system has just gone way worse through out years, despite of promises of reducing of it.

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

Is it the grind, or is it that you can't get the newest stuff immediately? I just think too many people burn themselves out slamming against rng/time walls instead of just casually getting stuff over time.

i understand,thing is if DE wants me to stick to the game they need to give me the new stuff i can play with. i don't mind farming for houers but daily quest once a day is just too much, and by too much i mean endless.i don't see the point where i am able to get him for myself. 2-3month when the hype is over, or probably a new frame will be releced? i wouldn't say this to every frame, but some of them carrie their value by how new they are,so...just saying,just saying....

okok i will sy something that maybe no one have noticed, grind is not warframe GRIND IS ALL, when you kill the same enemies over and over to obtain something:

COD is grinding to see how the story ends

halo is grinding to see how the story ends

mostly all lineal story games are grinding to see how the story ends

halo, COD, battlefield multiplayer are a MASSIVE grinding, KILLING EXACTLY THE SAME IN THE SAME MAPS, to obtain more rank, weapon attachments, or only to have high score (who can grind more effectively) but a grind

COD BO2 or 3 zombies is a CONTINUOUS GRIND WITHOUT REWARD

GoW or other "great story" sagas are grinding stories

and much more...

so realize this GRIND IS NOTICED ONLY WHEN YOU DECIDE TO DO BY YOURSELF LIKE IN WARFRAME, BUT IN OTHER GRIND GAMES, ITS NOT NOTICED BECAUSE IS PART OF THE STORY (hes the bad guy and there are his soldiers... kill them because they are bad until boss appears: not grind... ok they didnt say me nothing, i have to kill this guys over and over to make the boss appear... grind) OR ITS PART OF A COMPETITIVE SCENE (ill kill the same guys in the same map over and over to be the best: not grind... WTF)

Edited by mstriker

You either lie or you spent real cash. been playing this game WAY too long to be fooled by crap like this.

Ofc I've spent some cash, like I usually do with games I like, but I didn't buy anything I could farm. Also, I'm closing with plat earned in trading to plat I've bought. I have all frames, all primed frames, most of best weapons, best stances, I am general in 2 synicates and halfway there in other two, I play several hours every day, no casual style. It can be done. It requires time and effort. Or cash. But who says you have to have all frames and functional build on every frame like i do? 

Ofc I've spent some cash, like I usually do with games I like, but I didn't buy anything I could farm. Also, I'm closing with plat earned in trading to plat I've bought. I have all frames, all primed frames, most of best weapons, best stances, I am general in 2 synicates and halfway there in other two, I play several hours every day, no casual style. It can be done. It requires time and effort. Or cash. But who says you have to have all frames and functional build on every frame like i do? 

Nobody but even you just admitted you don't have everything, which proved my point. Choose words wisely, is all :P

I was just intially dissapointed with the fact that I had recommended this game to a friend of mine and he had heard of the game. What he had heard was enough to not make him play. He referred to warframe as that grind game. Honestly, I couldn't say it's not.

Edited by tripletriple

How about not grinding and just enjoying the missions and stuff you like?  If you don't like running the void, then don't.  If you don't like Vault missions, don't run them.  Almost every high level mission offers something valuable that can be traded for things you desire.

If you want something for free, you'll have to still pay with your time.

Some people just don't have the time and/or energy to go through the weeks of grinding and hoping it takes to farm through such heavy RNG/Grind/Time walls. Some people really like Ivara and/or Nezha, but just don't have the time/money to spend to get plat in order to buy them.

Does that really mean you should punish them by practically shutting them off from new content? That's not only a bad way to treat your customers, that's a way to make them leave.

Saying that you aren't forced to grind for the frames or buy them is true, but it doesn't do away with the issue at all. A lot of people really like Ivara and/or Nezha and want to play them, but are unable to because of the grind. As one of those people myself, I also refuse to pay for it with plat, because I for one don't have that much plat left and secondly I really do not want to endorse gigantic grind- and rng-walls like these.

There are different types of grind. Some are tedious and some aren't. Equinox is a good example of tedious grind. R5 cores is a fun (imo) grind. Focus is a passive grind (I seriously don't mind it, the cap is decent, though 2-5k extra per MR wouldn't be a bad idea).

The ones where you to a lot of stuff to just get a small chance of getting the one thing you need that contributes to making a whole is bad. That's why I believe Nezha is in a horrible placement.

If sorties are going to continue as they are and switch reaards around, it can take you longer to get Nezha than Any other warframe in the game.