Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Grind In Warframe Killing The Game?

tripletriple

I'd say it isn't. The sheer number of players running sorties and the fact that Nezha parts are tradeable will make it easy to obtain.

You miss the overall picture that spans more than just Nezha. Besides, saying "It's tradeable" doesn't solve anything. Most of the items in the game are tradeable yet the overwhelming grind exists. 

You miss the overall picture that spans more than just Nezha. Besides, saying "It's tradeable" doesn't solve anything. Most of the items in the game are tradeable yet the overwhelming grind exists. 

Every game needs RNG or some form of 'grind'. You can't expect to have things handed to you.

Every time I try to get people to play this game with me.  When they saw all the cool stuff to get in the game, they asked "how to get this or that!" 

It kills me every time I had to be as positive about it as I can, yet it doesn't change the reality.  Pay with plat or prepare to grind, there are no middle ground.  That's fact.  Whether you enjoy the grind or not, it is always a turn off for people who just started the game.  They're not even fully on board with the game and yet it teases with the grind you'll have to do to get what you want. 

The slogan for this game should be "Warfarm - Ninja grinds".

Try explaining to new players they have to always check out for alerts to get Vauban, or nitain to get Wukong.  Not even that, try explaining the method to get any other Warframe that isn't the lineup from 2013.  

I tried to get my friend into Warframe. He didn't last long. Can confirm the grind killed him.

Or spend my money on a better game

If you feel like there is one then you definitely should; I'm serious and not trolling, no one should spend money or time on something that doesn't give appropriate things in return.

To me this is the best game in its genre and I'm happy to spend money on it, it's basically a free grind game though,so we all know what that means.

It can't suit everyone so you have the rights to move along if you feel it's not worth it.

I wish you'd enjoy the game as I do, but hey, I understand your disappointment!

Edited by siralextraffo

Every game needs RNG or some form of 'grind'. You can't expect to have things handed to you.

I don't expect it handed to me and I've had my fair share of grind to get my stuff to reach MR 19. Like anything in life there can be an excess. Warframe's grind is excessive in it's grind and rng which is frustrating. The majority of the community agree on this hence the overwhelming negative sentiment about the grind.

If you feel like there is one then you definitely should; I'm serious and not trolling, no one should spend money or time on something that doesn't give appropriate things in return.

To me this is the best game in its genre and I'm happy to spend money on it, it's basically a free grind game though,so we all know what that means.

It can't suit everyone so you have the rights to move along if you feel it's not worth it.

I wish you'd enjoy the game as I do, but hey, I understand your disappointment!

Thank you for not trolling and being civil i most likely won't quit but will not invest anymore money in warframe

Edited by (PS4)kira4715

I don't expect it handed to me and I've had my fair share of grind to get my stuff to reach MR 19. Like anything in life there can be an excess. Warframe's grind is excessive in it's grind and rng which is frustrating. The majority of the community agree on this hence the overwhelming negative sentiment about the grind.

The majority agreeing they hate grind doesn't mean it is excessive, people want things with minimal effort by nature. I hate grind but i know it is essential to the longevity of some games. If everyone was able to obtain everything they wanted quickly, then a lot of players would probably leave because they have no goals, alternative gameplay, or minigames to engage in.

The grind for parts of any kind is certainly killing the game for me. From archwing parts to now Nezha sortie rewards. I know DE needs to make money but when the grinding gets to the part of 3+ hours each day to grind for something with no results. It leads to me thinking. Maybe i should just quit now and wait how things turn out in a few months.

Yes. A most definite yes. At least for me.

For every new piece of gear being put behind such ridiculous time/rng walls is killing me as a veteran player who has almost everything and thus do not have much else to farm/play.

DE once said something along the lines of "we are looking to reduce the grind" and "we do not want players to feel like they are doing the same things over and over", yet what's happening right now is exactly the opposite; the grind is increasing extremely and I certainly do feel like i'm doing the same thing over and over again.

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

The majority agreeing they hate grind doesn't mean it is excessive, people want things with minimal effort by nature. I hate grind but i know it is essential to the longevity of some games. If everyone was able to obtain everything they wanted quickly, then a lot of players would probably leave because they have no goals, alternative gameplay, or minigames to engage in.

Hmm let me see.  I could either

a) Play CS or Dota and get great fun without having to worry about RNG or progression,

b) Play single player games for the story or setpieces,

c) Play a MMO where I get to explore a world, see all the lore, small stories, get social with people, and then eventually I'll think about doing the dailies for some epic gear and go do raids, or

d) I go do some grind against RNG in order to obtain something that isn't at all important, even in its own game.

The problem isn't people inherently want reward for less effort, or that the grind is what keep people playing, but that the grind against RNG is not a proper objective to players.  As I've listed, there are other games out there, the ones that offer much more than just grind and RNG.  They offer plenty of objectives and incentive that isn't "go grind your face off", they offer unique entertainment of their own.  While Warframe also is unique as a game, but all the main objectives, all the things you do revolves around RNG and grinding.

Even Hearthstone - a F2P CCG that sells card packs give you a way to bypass the RNG with dust.  Warframe should feel ashamed for having more RNG than a damn collectible card game.

Edited by Casval_Rouge

flustering on having to rely on weight drop tables and blessings from RNG.

The "daily grind"  includes currently:

Sortie missions.  3.  Usually takes 20 minutes or more

Syndicate missions 3.  From "not worth doing interception" to "breezy Exterminate".  has officaly reached "I don't got time for that"

Simarus Daily target 4 missions... really sucks if there are in the void, or hard to get area. "I dont have time for that"

LoR raid, Jordas raid.

From what I guess, that is minimum 12 missions taking about an hour (not counting raids) and that assumes you solo them as it is near impossible to find someone to do them with you.

For the sorties I did all but one, including the one today before the update. "We are starting it early, so those that did sortie have to wait longer... YOUR WELCOME"  For my rewards I got

3 different lens.. all after the Greater lens market crash

25xcores

5 Dera Vandal barrels, 1 Dera Vandal BP

4 Karak Wraith BPs, 1 wraith Stock.

Thankfully i was able to trade the Karak BPs to actually build the damn thing.

And lets not forget my 42 spy missions to get all the parts for Ivara.  as if this post I still have 46 hours left before I can use the frame.

Yes.. it is killing the game.  badly

Personally I have no problem with grind on my own pace. I don't care if I get stuff one year later than everyone else, cause you know, mature.

However when now every season a new warframe/weapon ends up in Sorties, it becomes an annoyance especially when your time is more limited to certain days of the year.

Syndicate missions 3.  From "not worth doing interception" to "breezy Exterminate".  has officaly reached "I don't got time for that"

Simarus Daily target 4 missions... really sucks if there are in the void, or hard to get area. "I dont have time for that"

LoR raid, Jordas raid.

From what I guess, that is minimum 12 missions taking about an hour (not counting raids) and that assumes you solo them as it is near impossible to find someone to do them with you.

For the sorties I did all but one, including the one today before the update. "We are starting it early, so those that did sortie have to wait longer... YOUR WELCOME"  For my rewards I got

25xcores

And lets not forget my 42 spy missions to get all the parts for Ivara.  as if this post I still have 46 hours left before I can use the frame.

A small pet peeve but there's no way Sorties take 20 min. to finish as a single survival mission is about 15-20 min.

LoR raid, Jordas raid.

25xcores

"Daily grind" - so that means that daily grind contents have reached point where you can choose what you want to do with various opportunities provided. I consider that improvement.

Sometimes I wish that every poster that cries about grind in this game somehow gets a glitch in their account giving them every item for nothing.

I don't want that and those who share the sentiment that the grind is too much probably don't want that either. We want to sweat a little but we'd like the goal to be within reasonable reach with reasonable effort with reasonable rewards for the time we put in.

With the amount of things available to do in game, I find that ignoring grind for things that are easily accomplished generally rewards you with what you're looking for anyway. When I started out I just wanted to clear the star chart, at the time that's all there really was, and open the nodes up. By the time I did that I had pretty much all the resources necessary to build everything I needed.

I don't want that and those who share the sentiment that the grind is too much probably don't want that either. We want to sweat a little but we'd like the goal to be within reasonable reach with reasonable effort with reasonable rewards for the time we put in.

But every persons reasonable differs so how do you balance around that?

But every persons reasonable differs so how do you balance around that?

With the feedback from the community. I'd say, from what I've been gleaning from recent posts and ingame sentiment, that the grind, as it stands, is neither reasonable nor fun.

Edited by (PS4)Romulus93