Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Grind In Warframe Killing The Game?

tripletriple

No grind = ppl get stuff fast and get bored faster which equals into ppl quiting/taking a long break untill new Update.

Grind = keeps ppl motivated  to keep playing and farm for their stuffs.

heck im still here cuz of the grind....if i were to have everything what U18 offered and already maxed everything i would be taking a long break.

Grind/more grind = intentional for this game type...i wish ppl would already understand this and just accept it.....it goes with every MMO...you want something? you'll have to work your a** off for it or would you ppl like to have unlimited plat and just rush/buy everything what the game has?

The grind was perfect before. But they've thoroughly increased it, while adding even more time-walls.

They had a good balance going, and now, I fear that they are going to lose a good amount of people due to burnout

Some people can grind for days for a part. Some do 10 runs and turn the game off (me). Just depends on your patience/tolerance I guess.

The grind was good enough before to where I could at least grind if I wanted to, now I pretty much have to buy plat, because I'm not patient enough to farm one node/mission type all day....or go through daily RNG rolls.

not really

with equinox, you're guaranteed a random part from tyl regor each time, which leaves the amount of times you need to beat him up to RNG, which is the same for all other boss dropped parts. so nothing new there (besides a tiny amount of extra grind)

chroma is time consuming to acquire due to the different parts you need to get, but he's pretty damn good (properly modded of course), so that's ok

atlas parts drop from the jordas golem, which makes it a boss drop and nothing new or particularly grindy

ivara parts drop from certain level spy missions, so each mission has three chances to drop a part, thus leaving it up to RNG, you could find all the ivara parts in 4 runs, or it could take you 50+ runs, that's just RNG, so nothing new there, people just got butthurt because they have bad luck

and nehza is only obtainable through sorties, which isn't so much a grind as a "F*** you and merry Christmas"

Personally though, I enjoy the grind, it gives me a sense of purpose and a goal to work towards. If I'm having S#&$ luck and stuff just isn't dropping, I'll go and power level some mastery fodder for a bit, then come back and work on getting those elusive parts for whatever I'm trying to get.

I keep seeing folks saying that the people complaining about the grind only want every new thing right when they hop in the game or as soon as they run a mission for it. What you forget is that there are players who either don't have: the time to grind 10-20+ hours a week, the money to buy platnium, the luck to get things that people what in order to trade them for plat / items they seek.

At the moment, Warframe is less about those people and casual players and more about the folks willing to grind their minds out. In fact, I have spent more time trying to grind certain items that haven't been new since last year and still no luck. I still remember actually finding enough time where I could do a full month worth of grinding to try and get the parts to build a Miter.

Add to it once you reach the point where you see the grind for what it is, no amount of shiny objects or false promises will get you to forget it. Yes this F2P game needs the grind, but when you say you are looking into lowering it and then go in the opposite direction and keep adding more and more walls.....it makes some want to spend little to no money on your game and just not care as much when newer things come out. At this point, DE is making both the cheap Facebook (and other online games like those) and Nexon look great with their RNGonion. And you are NEVER suppose to make Nexon look good.

As for the system trying to be more like Skyforge, Warframe is going in the opposite direction since their latest updates. The makers of that game realized more people will cherry pick missions to go for the things they really want/need and ignore the rest, so they changed them up where you run the mission and at the end you choose from a list what you want. If you need red/green/blue nodes to level up your skill tree, run a mission that offers that choice and then choose away at the end.

Exactly. A good comparison to another High-grind game that is very successful is Eve Online.

Monthly subscriptions, PLEX sales, Aurum sales, and the playerbase is HUGE. Considering the Skilling system in that game goes into the hundreds of millions, and you get a skill point PER SECOND of subscribed time, I'd say players like grind.

but in eve u actualy know what you are grinding for and how mutch more.you need.. there is no RNG.. thats what makes grind in warframe unbearable.. its so fun when u get instead of item you want for your effort 3xr5 cores or forma bp ala glorious ash prime farm.. 

My strategy has been to play at my own pace. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but it helps me not feel burned out.

Most times, I see no rush to play each new quest as it comes out.

Of the current must-have 'frames and their related quests, I've only acquired/completed Equinox/Natah (weeks back), and just today completed the Second Dream/acquired the Focus system.

Atlas, Wukong, Ivara, and Nezha are on the to do list. I'm still leveling up archwing gear for Jordas (neglected AW), and working on resources for the others.

Nezah may be the one I try to go for soonish as it's now tied to the Sortie reward pool. 

So, while I will grind for that, I am not grinding for EVERYTHING at the same time. I'm not overworking myself in what should be my chill spot, a game I play for fun. I'm pacing myself.

Outside of DE finally addressing the grind in a substantial way (and I'm not sure how they do that right now), all you can do is take a breather and pace yourself. 

There should still be some semblance of fun when you play, otherwise this is just another job. Grind, sure, but it's still a game.

That is my approach, anyways. If you can apply it to your own game play, kudos. If not, just try to find some place or way to pace yourself.

Take care.

No grind = ppl get stuff fast and get bored faster which equals into ppl quiting/taking a long break untill new Update.

Grind = keeps ppl motivated  to keep playing and farm for their stuffs.

heck im still here cuz of the grind....if i were to have everything what U18 offered and already maxed everything i would be taking a long break.

Grind/more grind = intentional for this game type...i wish ppl would already understand this and just accept it.....it goes with every MMO...you want something? you'll have to work your a** off for it or would you ppl like to have unlimited plat and just rush/buy everything what the game has?

You really need to learn the difference between a grind and a time wall.

Ivara was a grind plus timewall (nitain), Wukong was a time wall.

Equinox is a grind. Atlas is a grind. Any prime frame is a grind.

If I put my mind to it, I can grind the hell out of something and aquire it faster.

I can't do that with a timewall, since nothing I do can speed out the process of aquiring whatever is behind the wall.

Edited by PrivateRiem

This isn't a grind.. its a extremely long wait game+lottery.

1:25 chance 1x/day to get  one nesha part. Lucky if you get 1 before season is over.

I haven't gotten 0 full sets for weapons from season 1. Only 3 out of all the focus schools, and cores once.

Sure you can trade them - if you got tons of platinum. Noone in the right mind would trade them for anything but platinum.

To those of you complaining about the grind, I assume you want a specific item that is currently available in the game but requires playing a mission for a roll on a reward list that contains said item. Yes?

My question is then, is it the number of missions you need to run or the missions themselves that make you upset?

I find specific missions fit my gameplay taste better so I buy the frame/gear outright with plat to avoid playing it. But in itself, playing the missions required to attain the item isn't an issue if I had no money.

flustering on having to rely on weight drop tables and blessings from RNG.

The "daily grind"  includes currently:

Sortie missions.  3.  Usually takes 20 minutes or more

Syndicate missions 3.  From "not worth doing interception" to "breezy Exterminate".  has officaly reached "I don't got time for that"

Simarus Daily target 4 missions... really sucks if there are in the void, or hard to get area. "I dont have time for that"

LoR raid, Jordas raid.

From what I guess, that is minimum 12 missions taking about an hour (not counting raids) and that assumes you solo them as it is near impossible to find someone to do them with you.

For the sorties I did all but one, including the one today before the update. "We are starting it early, so those that did sortie have to wait longer... YOUR WELCOME"  For my rewards I got

3 different lens.. all after the Greater lens market crash

25xcores

5 Dera Vandal barrels, 1 Dera Vandal BP

4 Karak Wraith BPs, 1 wraith Stock.

Thankfully i was able to trade the Karak BPs to actually build the damn thing.

And lets not forget my 42 spy missions to get all the parts for Ivara.  as if this post I still have 46 hours left before I can use the frame.

Yes.. it is killing the game.  badly

I know this post is on page 3 so I'm not sure if this person is even in his thread anymore, but all you did was point out the many different things we can do in Warframe. Whether or not they're "grinding" is redundant. Syndicate missions give you points to go straight towards shops filled with powerful gear. Simaris dailies also do the same thing. Sortie missions, while indeed RNG based, pits you against high level enemies for high level rewards. It's really no different from other online games, like Final Fantasy XIV where you mainly do a bunch of dungeons or hunt powerful monsters or do certain daily quests in order to obtain currency to buy powerful gear, or do high level dungeons or raids to test your luck on its drops.

People love to point out Warframe's RNG, and I agree that there is a lot of it here. But there's a good bit of it everywhere else when it comes to online gaming.

I was gonna defend the grind here which is not that bad compared to some games I could mention...then I realized that I spend most of the night having to grind focus affinity thus I do not even get the chance to farm for all these new items that have .0001% drop rates. This is simply not fun especially when they decide to make the AI super aware of stealth kills so the grind just got even worse. I should be able to level up focus affinity and not take all night just naturally just playing whatever I want instead of having to do a million stealth runs or draco. Why can't I get good affinity else where? Why does it always have to be draco? Why can't it be over in a reasonable amount of time instead of hours and hours; I want to farm ivara and all these new things but no I am slave to the affinity cap. Plus I can't even experiment/level up other paths b/c you have to have lense on a frame + weapon to get more than 2k a mission; since they cannot be removed, I have to over write them with a new 40 plat one which is not an option. :S

Edited by fizbit

Sortie missions, while indeed RNG based, pits you against high level enemies for high level rewards. 

sortie rewards are just pure crap.. nothin usefull but legendary core (that is only myth like vengeful revenant from Conculists).. i can see myself 14 days later with 1000 R5 cores and not a single nezha part.. gg

One day, I pray future games remove excessive RNG and make games that are engaging, rewarding, fun to play, not an insane grind, and still keep people interested for years. I dare to dream. Right now everyone makes the same excuse, every game I play; RNG isn't so bad, besides it's just part of gaming! My question is, does it really have to be this way? Time for a revolution me thinks, whom ever figures it out will get seriously rich.

Edited by fizbit

One day, I pray future games remove excessive RNG and make games that are engaging, rewarding, fun to play, not an insane grind, and still keep people interested for years. I dare to dream. Right now everyone makes the same excuse, every game I play; RNG isn't so bad, besides it's just part of gaming! My question is, does it really have to be this way? Time for a revolution me thinks, whom ever figures it out will get seriously rich.

F2P business model pretty much prevents this.

I'd say "Year of Quality" worked on many levels. Except reducing the grind of the game. The only significant reduction to the grind was making the invasions only require 3 runs. That's it.

Nitain became a total chore and definitely hurts players that have actual things to do in real life.

Focus is also one huge grind if you want to dumb down the explanation and hardly does it feel like "passive grind". Your cap is 75K but I struggle to get 20K if you want to play the game casually. Ik, it's in very early stages but you'd thought we wouldn't be getting Syndicates 1.0 again.