Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@dev(S), Ideas To Make People Care About Pvp

Cyandana

PvP actually became vastly more populated during peak hours as of the last patch and I'm really excited to see where it could go.

Suggestions:

0) Get some dedicated servers. For real. 

1) More obvious PvP Sub-Forum on Forum Front Page please . Finding "PvP Feedback" under feedback is kinda hard, very very easy to miss. I feel like we'd have more PvPers on the forums if our section was easier to find.

2) Easier access to "classic" PvP weapons w/ Conclave Points, it's a shame that a lot of new PvPers turn away from PvP because they don't have the right guns and don't care to grind them out just for PvP.

Suggestions: Strun, Burston, Some version of the Lex, Daikyu etc...

3) More Skins - the current ones look amazing.

4) PvP Syandana for Rank 6 . It can cost whatever the cap is for Rank 6 I'd still get it.  "Grindy" cosmetics have always been the mark of a dedicated PvPer imo. Competitive PvP is about pride (or honor, whatever) , give me something to show off for my time invested. 

5) Rare 5s as small % chance "drop" for #1 player each match. Seriously, if I could passively eliminate the #1 monotonous task in Warframe (Fusion Core farming) by PvPing I would... I don't know. Be really happy. 

6) Make a Warframe that's unlocked thru PvP initially and then release it in PvE a month later. People will play. 

Edit: Oh come onnnnnnn it's not THAT bad of an idea. But yes, the community rage would be real. 

Edited by Cyandana

I remember when PvP was completely off the table and everytime someone brought it up they were put back into the hole from which they crawled out of.

Im not sure whats changed but PvP in warframe always seemed out of place.

I remember when PvP was completely off the table and everytime someone brought it up they were put back into the hole from which they crawled out of.

Im not sure whats changed but PvP in warframe always seemed out of place.

I feel like this game would have made a better PvP than a PvE game haha. 

1) More obvious PvP Sub-Forum on Forum Front Page please . Finding "PvP Feedback" under feedback is kinda hard, very very easy to miss. I feel like we'd have more PvPers on the forums if our section was easier to find.

Uh, I guess, sure.

2) Easier access to "classic" PvP weapons w/ Conclave Points, it's a shame that a lot of new PvPers turn away from PvP because they don't have the right guns and don't care to grind them out just for PvP.

Suggestions: Strun, Burston, Some version of the Lex, Daikyu etc...

I mean, you can already buy a few PvP weapons for credits. The problem is that weapons take slots, a lot of the weapons that are good in PvP aren't good or meta in PvE, I think just people don't want to waste the slots.

3) More Skins - the current ones look amazing.

*waits patiently for Grinlok, Burston, and Latron skin*

4) PvP Syandana for Rank 6 . It can cost whatever the cap is for Rank 6 I'd still get it.  "Grindy" cosmetics have always been the mark of a dedicated PvPer imo. Competitive PvP is about pride (or honor, whatever) , give me something to show off for my time invested. 

Yes to more PvP cosmetics in general, though I don't think we need a 6th rank. Five ranks is enough.

5) Rare 5s as small % chance "drop" for #1 player each match. Seriously, if I could passively eliminate the #1 monotonous task in Warframe (Fusion Core farming) by PvPing I would... I don't know. Be really happy. 

I believe they do drop (unless they were removed?), they are pretty rare though and only give like one core. If they don't drop then yeah, they should give Rare 5 cores.

6) Make a Warframe that's unlocked thru PvP initially and then release it in PvE a month later. People will play. 

Edit: Oh come onnnnnnn it's not THAT bad of an idea. But yes, the community rage would be real. 

No, this is just a bad idea. I like what the PvP team did in allowing you to get the starter Warframes with standing. I think you should be able to get all non-Prime Warframes with standing unless it is a quest locked Warframe.

Agree with every point.

Not a month, but 2 weeks about that frame.

Love the cosmetics idea. BUT the syandana has to be shiny and energized (not a piece of cloth or a couple of stripes) so that it... well, so it shines. While we're at it, please DE, make the pve sigils available on pvp. I NEED that triangle!

I believe they do drop (unless they were removed?), they are pretty rare though and only give like one core. If they don't drop then yeah, they should give Rare 5 cores.

Alright, I confirmed it, they do drop, in fact I just got 5 rare 5 cores for completing a match.

zhlVWxE.jpg

We need better drops, being able to drop easily resources, cores, keys, etc

this new weekly challenges helps but is far away from solving it..

im not asking for a better way to farm than pve, i don't want pve players coming to pvp just because is easier to farm something, im just asking for better rewards and a better reward system.

I have a suggestion to make PVP more popular. Get some dedicated servers lol.

As one of individuals who actually PVPs on Xbox and in one of the clans that actually promotes PVP in our chat and MOTD regularly (although to not much avail). I know at least what I hear ALL the time is this here PVP is not enjoyable without dedicated servers. And rightfully so, because most PVP games aren't enjoyable without dedicated servers.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys!! Dont know where to post this ...

Why cant i equip the strun conclave skin to strun wraith?

Was just wondering cause other wraith/vandal can be re-skin. hoping for fix or some more info if weather or not its restricted to strun only.

Strun Skin currently bugged for Strun Wraith.

Also unless it was fixed recently the energy color of the Kronen skin doesn't change based on your team in Conclave.

Don't know if this was already brought up somewhere else, probably was.

Back to the topic at hand!

PvP should be a sub-section of the star chart so that it's easier to find.

You should definitely be able to unlock some weapons through PvP, they already did it with Warframes people.

Please skins, more skins. There will never be enough skins. Ever. Everyone wants to look different.

A Conclave (PvP) Syandana at Rank 6 (If they make a Rank 6) would complete my life.

Please let this happen, and don't make it look like a pre-existing Syandana with Conclave Sigils stickied onto it.

Edited by Hairein

Forum Revamp for Conclave:

We the pvp community do not have a proper 'home' to discuss pvp. I think this is necessary to hold together our sense of community and to discourage pve players from barging in and crapping on our gamemode.

Currently, the pvp community faces two major problems when trying to discuss pvp matters.

1. pve players enter the discussion not realizing it is a pvp discussion

2. lack of pvp subforums i.e. designated places to talk about things.

Solutions:

1. Teshin background when viewing a pvp subforum

It is not sufficient to put 'pvp' in the title of a thread. I've done it, and I've seen it done. It doesn't always work, and pve players keep barging into discussions and derailing the topic by suggesting we put 'pvp' tags in our thread titles.

Having a separate pvp theme when viewing a topic in a pvp subforum would be a huge visual indicator. One much bigger than the size 10 font 'PvP Feedback' title on the top of the page. It should not be a 'social etiquette' requirement to put a pvp tag on the top of each pvp thread when this could be shown in the actual forum itself.

2. Proper pvp subforums.

Currently all we have is pvp feedback, which simply does not fit the needs of the community. Suggested subforums are as followed:

A. Pvp general discussion

A place to talk about pvp. Want help getting started in pvp? Ask it here. How it's fun/not fun. Lore connections. What you like about it/dislike about it. The future of it, ect. Want to rant about how you missed pvp 1.0 or how you're pumped for darksectors to return? Do it here.

B.  Pc pvp balance + feedback

The current pvp subforum, with an emphasis on balance concerns and suggestions.

C. Console pvp balance + feedback.

Console pvp has repeatedly shown that it is a different beast than pc through the feedback of its members here. Not to mention the whole, 'console is on a different update version than pc' thing. And the 'console is a different experience than pc due to controller vs keyboard/mouse' thing.

Older thread here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/564432-forum-revamp-for-the-pvp-community/

Edited by Pythadragon