The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth

CrazyFisher

DE is quite notorious for their Stealth-nerfs (no pun intended) and this "bug" right now is just an awfully convenient timing again huh

with 2 small lenses i needed like 40 mins-1h (no booster) thats totally not intended, especially not with how awful focus is implemented right now with affinity sharing coming "early 2016", nobody would've liked to see THIS in the patchnotes (^:

We want a long term goal to let players spending days and nights in Draco with their AoE frames.

Oops you are farming too fast sorry. (Put a cap)

Oh no you are still farming too fast. Actually I didn't see that is an viable option. ("Fix" kills within 5 sec after spawn as stealth kill)

Well to show our kindness we will just put greater lens in the market for 40 plat. Those who bought lens for 80~100 plat? Your tenno schoom.

You've bought the greater lens? Great. But we still think you are farming too fast. Let's make this game realistic. (Kill the stealth chain)

Now you can be salty at your loki / ash / ivara and orthos prime with lenses installed. Please enjoy Draco WORLD ON FIRE until early 2016 or until we think you are farming focus too fast again.

sorry, I don't see anything. what was changed?

From what I understand, the enemies now get alerted if they see you killing their allies.

This means that it's a lot more difficult to maintain the 500% stealth exp multiplier.

But I didn't notice any drastic drop in Focus gain, to be honest. (as shown above).

As a test, I did another run (there were less enemies this time).

y8i3Yvv.jpg

The change doesn't affect you because you are a slideslash stealth build. The main issue is groups of enemies getting alerted even when weapons are silenced. Before, they didn't notice people next to them/in front of them died. now they notice that, near them, behind them, in other dimensions. etc.

First of all, it is undocumented. Meaning it's not an official fix. Second, it isn't a fix.

Fix implies it was broken, and it has now been corrected to function as intended. While it may have been broken before, I can absolutely guarantee enemies becoming alerted when facing the other direction as someone behind them gets killed with a silenced weapon is NOT intended.

Get off the high horse and realize it is actually broken. 'git gud' doesn't apply here.

I cannot do that slide attack thing you claim to do with my broken war, I have tried and it always results in detection no matter what. 

Here's what I did, I put 40 plat focuses on 3 weapons for 3 different paths. Then I used loki stealth to grind those as I saw fit. Loki had no lense because that would spread exp to places I don't want it to go at least for that day. Pre-patch I was getting around 8k a run, but after it was around 3k b/c maintaining a streak is quite difficult now due to enemies that can see through walls, get alerted for absolutely no reason, like to clump in 10+ mob packs that just sit there for minutes at a time, and so it takes considerably longer to complete the mission/get good exp due to this.

So I had to put another 40 plat lense on loki; end result is, I can't grind any more paths now other than the one currently on my loki.

If focuses could be removed at will, I probably would not be so annoyed with this change.

But as of such, only 2 ways to deal with this; make another 4 lokis and put different path lenses on them or blow 40 plat every time I want to change it. Neither is an option in my books.

Edited by fizbit

From what I understand, the enemies now get alerted if they see you killing their allies.

This means that it's a lot more difficult to maintain the 500% stealth exp multiplier.

But I didn't notice any drastic drop in Focus gain, to be honest. (as shown above).

As a test, I did another run (there were less enemies this time).

oh, you mean they improved the mechanic that was half-<lower back>ed to begin with. no, really, there were some hilarious moments during my stealth runs. oh well. at least it won't be only rollers that get alerted when someone dies in the vicinity, while EVERYONE ELSE talks about ghost stoires and mysterious deaths in the building.

oh, you mean they improved the mechanic that was half-<lower back>ed to begin with. no, really, there were some hilarious moments during my stealth runs. oh well. at least it won't be only rollers that get alerted when someone dies in the vicinity, while EVERYONE ELSE talks about ghost stoires and mysterious deaths in the building.

Oh Bob got nailed to wall, yup everything is as usual, same old accidental arrow in throat, someone call cloning center and have them send replacement clone.