Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards Not Given Do To Inactivity

F3mi

Tell you what guys.... In Surv or Def, if you go afk like 15-30 mins, grab an object that is small enough to fit on a keyboard letter and find a secluded area on the map.

Crouch (Permanently), face a wall and place that small heavy object in the "W" key. That way it prevents you from being considered as AFK. :")

(I tried this and works well!!)

^^^^^^ this is a perfect example of how the current system is a clear failure

AFK penalty is there for a reason, a very good reason.

Call of nature, or not, you afk'ed a high lvl mission, not cool.

The afk timer is there make sure people don't leech. I had a guy leaching off me yesterday on the sortie defense. Died at wave 13 and never rev'ed, obviously leeching us. But with the afk penalty in place- he didn't get squat

Had a guy a minute ago on draco... douchebag was AFKing and i trolled him with my valk spiderweb, guy clearly wasnt AFK but was chilling on twitch while grabbing free XP. Hate these guys.... but ya timer is fine on void missions, dont play games if you cant dedicate time to it, if you need to take a S#&$ then take a S#&$. Much more ennjoyable then an ash BP... but thats just me :P , the need is RNG based as well. But yea that guy on Draco... was rly rly angry he couldnt leech xDD, i suggest u guys take valk for draco as well to combat this rubbish.

Edited by Drag0nChaser

But itll tackle the leechers , you guys have me peeing in the toilet at the speed of light

Every hardcore warframe player (those able to stay about 7 hrs in a survival/defense/interception mission) be like

J5NFkjH.jpg

Proof:

solution bucket or adult nappy. WORKED FOR ME IN FALSE PROFIT, world number 1 baby!

c:
Edited by -----LegioN-----

Is the penalty applied to solo missions ?

It shouldn't, after all when you hit "esc" on solo the game pauses until you get back to keep playing and finish the mission. After all, there's no players to leech in solo, and thus you have all of the action to yourself

Edited by -----LegioN-----

The AFK timer needs to be looked at again. It often punishes non-afkers.

The OP went afk, the system is doing it's job.  1 out of 100 people will be innocent-ish (still made others do the work for those waves), that's an acceptable number.

If De looked at the afk system, they'll make it MORE strict not less.

Because if you make it so a handful of innocents are spared, every single afk lover will abuse the S#&$ out of it.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

• 2 months later...

I do feel for you, that this had to happen, but I think this is a necessary evil. Nature calls at the most horrid moments, true enough, but then you have to ask yourself "how badly do I want that reward?" I know, I know, it's not the greatest advice, but what else are you going to do? Honestly, we can't have it all. If you choose to relieve your bladder, you lose something that you want. If you choose to fight the urge, you get what you want. Granted, holding it might cause some discomfort... okay, it will cause a lot of discomfort, but, again, we can't have it all.

You want something? Fight for it.

3 minutes ago, Eggzodiya said:

I do feel for you, that this had to happen, but I think this is a necessary evil. Nature calls at the most horrid moments, true enough, but then you have to ask yourself "how badly do I want that reward?" I know, I know, it's not the greatest advice, but what else are you going to do? Honestly, we can't have it all. If you choose to relieve your bladder, you lose something that you want. If you choose to fight the urge, you get what you want. Granted, holding it might cause some discomfort... okay, it will cause a lot of discomfort, but, again, we can't have it all.

You want something? Fight for it.

Uh, no. Get rid of the stupid afk timer and the system in general.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Uh, no. Get rid of the stupid afk timer and the system in general.

You know, players have asked for this sort of thing for a long time. I know the way it was executed wasn't the best way, but taking it off probably isn't the best way either. DE can't please everyone, no one can please everyone. So instead of telling me "uh, no" which isn't going to help your situation any (I actually like the system as it is), why don't you complain to DE?

EDIT: Oh, wait, that may not help either since they have a lot of things on their plate at the moment. Well, best of luck to you, then.

Edited by Eggzodiya
Forgot to add something important.

Just now, Eggzodiya said:

You know, players have asked for this sort of thing for a long time. I know the way it was executed wasn't the best way, but taking it off probably isn't the best way either. DE can't please everyone, no one can please everyone. So instead of telling me "uh, no" which isn't going to help your situation any (I actually like the system as it is), why don't you complain to DE?

Me posting on these forums is me complaining to DE. The vast majority of the playerbase doesn't AFK so why even put up with a system that could, and has, negatively affected all of us?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Me posting on these forums is me complaining to DE. The vast majority of the playerbase doesn't AFK so why even put up with a system that could, and has, negatively affected all of us?

So if the vast majority of the player base doesn't AFK, then it shouldn't be a problem to those people, right? To be frank with you, I support this tweak and there is nothing you can say to dissuade me. Whether Warframe shines or burns because of this, I'm sticking around to see it through. So, be a good chap and quit your whining or find someone else to talk to about this.

So if the vast majority of the player base doesn't AFK, then it shouldn't be a problem to those people, right? To be frank with you, I support this tweak and there is nothing you can say to dissuade me. Whether Warframe shines or burns because of this, I'm sticking around to see it through. So, be a good chap and quit your whining or find someone else to talk to about this.

It's a problem because of exact situations like the OP who don't AFK but are still affected by this wholly unfair and unbalanced anti-AFK system.

Just now, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

It's a problem because of exact situations like the OP who don't AFK but are still affected by this wholly unfair and unbalanced anti-AFK system.

OP left to take care of bladder issues... you don't call that being AFK?

OP left to take care of bladder issues... you don't call that being AFK?

There's leaving to use the restroom for a bit and then there's leaving to purposefully leach off of your teammates. Don't be coy. We know which of these two types the anti-AFK system was meant to prevent and punish.

Just now, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

There's leaving to use the restroom for a bit and then there's leaving to purposefully leach off of your teammates. Don't be coy. We know which of these two types the anti-AFK system was meant to prevent and punish.

Hey, if you have any better ideas, other than burning the system to the ground entirely, I'm all for it. It's unfortunate that DE can't or hasn't created a better way to magically scan the game for specific forms of AFKing, but it is what it is. I hate to see thousands of innocents suffer for the errors of a handful, but this change was coming either way. It was just a matter of time.

One time I was captured by the G3s and had a death+capture bug, I was unable to do anything; revive, attack or anything. I had to choose between wait til extract or reconnect. I know the previous rewards I had will vanish if I reconnect or I wont get anything waiting because of AFK punishment.

If people shout loud enough, I'm sure DE will hear it. I'm with you guys on this, believe me, but this is also something I've been looking forward to for a long time. I'm not a fan of how it was implemented or the number of non-afkers it's caused trouble, but I highly doubt this system will be going away anytime soon until it's caused enough trouble.