The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Stealth Vs Ranged Stealth

thegamer118

i m kinda pissed atm with how melee stealth has an unfair advantage against ranged stealth (i mean like bows and stuff)

with melee you can stack the affinity boost easily and keep all through out the mission but with bows when you kill enemies close to each other they get alerted, which kills your affinity boost, it really pisses me off because i find it fun to go full stealth with ivara and stuff but with my cool paris prime or dread, but since ennemies get alerted it s not as efficient for farming that focus exp, i don t know if sniper get that but well it doesn t matter to me because i don t really like snipers so yeah, i don t know what should be done or if it s just my problem

Melee got the same treatment recently. If two enemies are close enough and you kill one of them, the other will be alerted regardless if other enemy was facing you or not. Also, the detection is range based so it's safe to kill enemies that are more than ~4-5m away from each other.

Edited by --Sokol

I tried a couple of stealth runs yesterday (farming Ivara) and for me it worked pretty well tbh. Botg ranged and melee stealth kills did not alert enemies unless they were within hugging distance of another mob or in plain LoS of said other mob.

But then again - i have this weird experience with Warframe where most bugs thread trigger my "is this actually a thing?" reaction since i mostly don't experience said glitch/bug ever.

Melee got the same treatment recently. If two enemies are close enough and you kill one of them, the other will be alerted regardless if other enemy was facing you or not. Also, the detection is range based so it's safe to kill enemies that are more than ~4-5m away from each other.

not true, you can still stealth finish guys that are litterally touching each other, it all depends if the warframe touches them, trust me on this dude i literally became a master of stealth melee kills, if you always make sure you don t touch anyone they don t get alerted

i can make a video on stealth melee kills to prove how it has an great advantage over the range,

not true, you can still stealth finish guys that are litterally touching each other, it all depends if the warframe touches them, trust me on this dude i literally became a master of stealth melee kills, if you always make sure you don t touch anyone they don t get alertedi can make a video on stealth melee kills to prove how it has an great advantage over the range,

Go make the video and make my experience during the past few days questionable. It doesn't matter if youtouch them or not. If an enemy dies within 5m radius they WILL get alerted no matter what.

Go make the video and make my experience during the past few days questionable. It doesn't matter if youtouch them or not. If an enemy dies within 5m radius they WILL get alerted no matter what.

oh wow i m sorry i m actually wrong, but that s weird, it wasn t like that in like 3 patches ago, you could literally kill someone in front of a guy and they wouldn t budge, why put in now, and btw i know i m not wrong because if you see this video you ll see it in action

https://youtu.be/RkXsGY81XGk?t=2m26s

This. DE made this change in 18.1 or one of the hotfixes.

but why, that s kinda weird and very annoying

Edited by thegamer118

oh wow i m sorry i m actually wrong, but that s weird, it wasn t like that in like 3 patches ago, you could literally kill someone in front of a guy and they wouldn t budge, why put in now, and btw i know i m not wrong because if you see this video you ll see it in action https://youtu.be/RkXsGY81XGk?t=2m26s'>https://youtu.be/RkXsGY81XGk?t=2m26s but why, that s kinda weird and very annoying

I am a long term stealth lover and I know how the system works too. It was odd when they didn't get alerted and I was alwqys wondering that.

They changed it most likely to counter abusing stealth multipliers in spy/exterminate missions to reach daily standing cap easily. It can also be leaked change that was not supposed to be in the game yet but we have to deal with it as for now.

not true, you can still stealth finish guys that are litterally touching each other, it all depends if the warframe touches them, trust me on this dude i literally became a master of stealth melee kills, if you always make sure you don t touch anyone they don t get alerted

i can make a video on stealth melee kills to prove how it has an great advantage over the range,

I don't know, I did a run on Ceres and roughly 90% of the time the other enemy was alerted in split second. The other 10% was probably bug and AI didn't register ally's death.

You can only maintain the stealth exp multiplier if you kill the enemies, close to each other, in one swoop.

At the moment, I find this to be easily achievable with long ranged melee weapons, such as Orthos Prime, Atterax,...

Perhaps explosive weapons could achieve the same result, as long as you use the Hush mods or Loki's Augment for invisibility.

Another strategy that may work (haven't tested it yet) is to use Ash together with a frame that can nuke everyone in a split second (maybe Excal with enough power strength for his 3rd). Since Ash has an augment to smokescreen his allies.

Anyway, I don't think this would be an easy task for a Bow or any other single target weapons.