Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.1.3 [Spoilers!]

[DE]Megan

*snip*

Changes

*snip snip*

• NPCs no longer alert all teammates when fighting a player.  Their proximity alert now has a limited range and will not go beyond closed doors.

*snip*

THANK YOU!!!  This was annoying as &^$#!  SOOO much better.  I was more than a little put out whenever I saw an enemy spin 180degrees to become alerted, but hopefully that won't be happening anymore.

I'm sincerely pleased to see work happening on the AIs.  I recognise that this is a huge project, and it's both time-devouring and maddening, AND I know that comments from the community (not me, I'm a perfect angel...) have been somewhat discouraging.  For the crap I have given you about this, I apologise. 

There isnt nearly enough excitement for that enemy alertness change. All the stealth players are going to go wild about it! (wild in a good way)

Agreed. This was one of my major dislikes from when I first started playing. I'm so happy it's no longer like how it was, this should make my attempted stealth runs go way faster.

• NPCs no longer alert all teammates when fighting a player.  Their proximity alert now has a limited range and will not go beyond closed doors.

I have noticed a few things and the only way to describe them is "Odd".  Where this makes it easier to stealth through missions it makes it feel very unnatural in some respects that make me want the old old system back. (This was tested with a non-cloaky frame so they can actually notice me)

First, when a few guys notice me (Ex. Lancer, Trooper, Bombard) and open fire, including rockets, and 20-30 meters away more enemies pretend nothing special is happening and stay unalerted.

Second, this one probably came with the recent patch that force enemies in Exterminate missions to spawn alerted. This is completely fine, up until they spawn in the same room you are in or, even worse, spawn right in front of you which has happened a few times. It quickly ruins any stealth combo you have because it is literally impossible to keep track of all enemies at all times if they spawn randomly all the time.

Third, is the ability for some enemies to notice things to which they have no senses to tell them something just happened.  Using a silent weapon, in my case its the Despair throwing knives, hitting an enemy standing several meters behind another to have that enemy turn 180 degrees and get alert when there was no cue to let him know something just happened.

I haven't noticed anything else awkward, but will post again if I see something that doesn't look right.

First, when a few guys notice me (Ex. Lancer, Trooper, Bombard) and open fire, including rockets, and 20-30 meters away more enemies pretend nothing special is happening and stay unalerted.

Have noticed this too. Along with your third point it would seem DE is rushing out fixes to Stealth, first to curb Focus farming methods, then to undo some unintended consequences. I like what DE intends to do to improve the stealth system; I mean, it is silly that Ivara and Loki can do elaborate stealth finishers to enemies while in plain sight of an army with nobody noticing anything alarming. But the system DE tried to implement was far too heavy handed, then like Nezha with Maglev, they slid back way off course again with this hotfix.

Third, is the ability for some enemies to notice things to which they have no senses to tell them something just happened.  Using a silent weapon, in my case its the Despair throwing knives, hitting an enemy standing several meters behind another to have that enemy turn 180 degrees and get alert when there was no cue to let him know something just happened.

The logic behind it kinda makes sense in practice. Everytime I kill an enemy in stealth with my bow or melee, they cry out right when they die. This is probably what's alerting the other enemies, and makes sense somewhat.

"Fixed Nezha’s Divine Spear not properly impaling enemies with Auras that prevent status effects."

Currently Corrupted Ancient Healers absorb the effect of Divine Spears, so not entirely fixed. Additionally, corrupted ancient healers seem to also have started protecting Heavy Gunners.

I argue they shouldn't even protect Bombards, but that was more recent so I feel like it's not intended.