Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug? Ivaras Sleep Arrow Not Stopping Enemies From Getting Alerted?

GTG3000

I certainly hope that it is a bug, I've come across this as well. Even though enemies have been put into a sleeping state, passing in front of them still alerts. And not to mention that they will still speak as though they can see you.

Moved to a proper section.

it really isn't. the stealth alert system is screwed, blued and tattooed. 

If you read today's patch notes, it's pretty much confirmed that DE is finally taking the initiative on fixing up enemy AI in a way that makes stealth viable yet challenging enough to reward players. Them changing enemies to be alerted when they see each other die is different from something that is clearly a bug related to an ability. (FYI since I figure you're not going to take the time out of your day to read patch notes like you should, today they just made it so that their "hivemind" only reaches (from my testing) 20-25m and doesn't pass through doors. So now even if someone gets alerted, the whole world doesn't).

PS- just tested in game OP. I am not experiencing this.

If you read today's patch notes, it's pretty much confirmed that DE is finally taking the initiative on fixing up enemy AI in a way that makes stealth viable yet challenging enough to reward players. Them changing enemies to be alerted when they see each other die is different from something that is clearly a bug related to an ability. (FYI since I figure you're not going to take the time out of your day to read patch notes like you should, today they just made it so that their "hivemind" only reaches (from my testing) 20-25m and doesn't pass through doors. So now even if someone gets alerted, the whole world doesn't).

PS- just tested in game OP. I am not experiencing this.

Thanks, I did read it. However... and this is where the other thread comes into play...

The consistency of alerted mobs isn't uniform, there are issues with bows vs. hitscan alerting, stealth kills etc.

Ivara was mentioned in that other thread numerous times and this is a much larger issue than this single ability. Removing the ability for mobs to magically see through doors is only one small slice of the problem(s).

Oh, and thanks for assuming that I have no idea what I'm talking about or actually do my due diligence when trying to discuss issues, nice to see the forums haven't changed a bit.

Thanks, I did read it. However... and this is where the other thread comes into play...

The consistency of alerted mobs isn't uniform, there are issues with bows vs. hitscan alerting, stealth kills etc.

Ivara was mentioned in that other thread numerous times and this is a much larger issue than this single ability. Removing the ability for mobs to magically see through doors is only one small slice of the problem(s).

Which I'm sure considering the changes to enemy AI/stealth in the last few days, they'll start taking into account and improving on. Ofc it's a slice of the problem. DE clearly isn't going to do everything at once. Reworking enemy ai entirely in one batch is a horrible idea for a game this big. If something goes wrong- it affects a lot of people greatly.

Which I'm sure considering the changes to enemy AI/stealth in the last few days, they'll start taking into account and improving on. Ofc it's a slice of the problem. DE clearly isn't going to do everything at once. Reworking enemy ai entirely in one batch is a horrible idea for a game this big. If something goes wrong- it affects a lot of people greatly.

something always goes wrong. it's the nature of the beast. right now stealth is pretty much broken as any mob can be randomly alerted and you'll never know until you kill it. (unless you're meleeing everything and using nothing but stealth kills as the "x" doesn't show up if the mob is alerted)

there are a number of very good ideas in the thread i posted. (most of them aren't mine)

stealth has been broken for a very long time, personally the alerted change (reversion) for mobs to alert upon seeing a teammate killed is a good one, but it isn't uniform and random abilities being broken (like ivara's sleep arrow) are a symptom, not the cause.

Edited by xethier

something always goes wrong. it's the nature of the beast. right now stealth is pretty much broken as any mob can be randomly alerted and you'll never know until you kill it. (unless you're meleeing everything and using nothing but stealth kills as the "x" doesn't show up if the mob is alerted)

there are a number of very good ideas in the thread i posted. (most of them aren't mine)

stealth has been broken for a very long time, personally the alerted change (reversion) for mobs to alert upon seeing a teammate killed is a good one, but it isn't uniform and random abilities being broken (like ivara's sleep arrow) are a symptom, not the cause.

As I said in my "PS" on the reply that you replied to, I'm not getting this bug when using my sleep arrows. I tested over 3 whole spy missions by using the arrows and walking around the enemies, then running off / killing them before they saw me. None of the were 'alerted' by my presence after falling asleep. I've also never seen any mob that wasn't acting alerted break my stealth bonuses, which I'm technically chaining in any given mission. I personally have not run into any of these bugs or inconsistency being claimed on forums, so for me everything seems to be undergoing heavy improvements and has no issue...

As I said in my "PS" on the reply that you replied to, I'm not getting this bug when using my sleep arrows. I tested over 3 whole spy missions by using the arrows and walking around the enemies, then running off / killing them before they saw me. None of the were 'alerted' by my presence after falling asleep. I've also never seen any mob that wasn't acting alerted break my stealth bonuses, which I'm technically chaining in any given mission. I personally have not run into any of these bugs or inconsistency being claimed on forums, so for me everything seems to be undergoing heavy improvements and has no issue...

I can confirm that this has been the issue with Ivara's Sleep Arrow since day 1.

I just tried it again in an Exterminate on Mercury, no alerts, nobody saw me.

Put them to sleep, walked in front and they do a weird twitching animation and then return back to the sleep state and then proceed to hide/trigger alarms after that unless killed.

Now, i don't know about the stealth nerf or whatever DE has done in the meanwhile, but i know for a fact this happened on release day already.

It does seem that sometimes crouching seems to help with this problem, so you can quickly roll in front of them or something, but other than that this has to be a bug.Not much of a "Sleep" arrow.

Edited by Nefarious