The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Farming? [Spoilers]

BrockStones

So since it seems that using Loki and stealth to get to the end of the level to have all the enemies spawn at locations near the extract doesn't seem to be possible anymore, does anyone have any recommendations for how they get focus effectively to reach that 75,000 daily limit?

Placing a lens on melee weapon of choice and frame on choice and then go playing melee only gives focus as well as to weapon as to frame.

S1BOKnG.jpg

Im using small lens, it would be better and faster If I had greater lenses, but cant complain, viable solo option for me. This is Ceres Gabii. I need additional lens for Loki to check if just repeating either ceres or sedna spys dont give more amount than survival.

Edited by RobWasHere

You need first of all a greater focus Lense (market for 40p or craft it with 4 small lenses with blueprint) to recieve the most focus.

Second put the Lense on a warframe that is able to kill enemies with powers. Ash, Ember, Excalibur, Mag, Mesa: one of them works fine.

Then a mission with a lot of enemies, interception on Ceres is probably the most used and effective method. 

Good Alternatives: Eris DS Defense, Ceres DS Defense, Pluto DS Excavation. (they have a xp boost on kills)

At last use an affinity booster if you think you can't get enough focus, it doubles the focus gained.

Hope it helped.

Edited by CookingFood

I speed run Ludi (Ceres) with Loki and Orthos Prime (both have Greater lenses).

Usually around 5 min for 15k. Used to clear the mission in 2-3 min, but with the recent hotfix, the spawn got all messed up and sometimes, you have to run back all the way to the starting point to kill that one guy. (hope they fix it soon)

A4fOr4s.jpg

This was before today's hotfix.

From what I read in the patch notes, it seems like it will be a little bit easier now to maintain the stealth multiplier.

It's quite impossible by just playing the game. You are FORCED to pay platinum for it to even be remotely effective.
Greater lens and a booster.

Small lens + exploiting game mechanics gives some.

I have average of 2-4 h to play per day, i cant even reach 15k most of the days, let alone 75k.

But with the stealth "nerf" - getting stealth multipliers is near impossible aswell.

Edited by Ketec

The only reason some of you keep pushing towards that 75k limit every single day is because it's there in the first place. I don't understand, what's the point of that?

Yeah its the main reason, if there were no limit we could just wait for double focus event to seriously farm knowing we can earn ton of focus point when its easyly posible, but when there is small limit it makes this point obsolete

It's quite impossible by just playing the game. You are FORCED to pay platinum for it to even be remotely effective.

Greater lens and a booster.

Small lens + exploiting game mechanics gives some.

I have average of 2-4 h to play per day, i cant even reach 15k most of the days, let alone 75k.

But with the stealth "nerf" - getting stealth multipliers is near impossible aswell.

head to ker - ceres

the objective room, once you've used the datamass. just hang around in there killing. (a sniper rifle works well here, but anything will do)

i've been able to cap 75k in about 40 minutes. (sometimes less)

that's using regular lenses without a booster.

Still possible to do ceres method, have to be patient and methodical. I average 10-15k a run unboosted. Only downside is it takes around ten minutes for me since mobs love to insto spawn in packs of 5+ right on top of one other in buggy spots while staying there not moving at all (seen this happen often) + most time the spawning system will drop mobs on other side of the map which means a good chance of losing your chain. But I digress, some elitists say it's fine but I personally think that daily focus grind should not be punished so much and be over quicker; seperate affinity from this system and put in a new one imo. One that you can exp up doing whatever other than using niche methods using only a few frames. Lastly, lots here say draco draco draco and post screenies of their awesome affinity gains; what they are not showing is that the other 3 players got next to nothing while those dudes reaped all the rewards. Like how about that trinity whole supplied them with all that energy or even the frost protecting points with non-killing bubbles, they probably left that game with 1k at most since only KILLS by the player who did them get ALL of the exp. :\

Reason why to get focus cap is simple; a few these path give pure power and or intense utility like constant stealth or straight up dps increase. So ofc people are going to want to get the cap done just for that and also to get this out the way so we can go do other things we would rather do instead.

Edited by fizbit

The only reason some of you keep pushing towards that 75k limit every single day is because it's there in the first place. I don't understand, what's the point of that?

This is one of my many problems with the daily cap that DE loves so much.  It makes players think "S#&$, I have to get that 75k finished so I can not lose points".  All the while removing any actual choice the player has in how they spend their time on the game.  Instead of having a cap, they need to adjust their numbers so people aren't blazing through everything in a day if left unrestricted.  World of Warcraft doesn't have a cap on how much gold you can earn in a day, because the prices for things, and the rate at which you can get gold has actually been given some attention.

I guess it's just easier to half-&#! something and put a daily cap then to actually put out a finished product.  Meanwhile, players are made to suffer in a game that even though fun (I've put 1100 hours in to the damn thing), it has a lot of room to be tedious.  Just one more thing to turn players away right?

This is one of my many problems with the daily cap that DE loves so much.  It makes players think "S#&$, I have to get that 75k finished so I can not lose points".  All the while removing any actual choice the player has in how they spend their time on the game.  Instead of having a cap, they need to adjust their numbers so people aren't blazing through everything in a day if left unrestricted.  World of Warcraft doesn't have a cap on how much gold you can earn in a day, because the prices for things, and the rate at which you can get gold has actually been given some attention.

I guess it's just easier to half-! something and put a daily cap then to actually put out a finished product.  Meanwhile, players are made to suffer in a game that even though fun (I've put 1100 hours in to the damn thing), it has a lot of room to be tedious.  Just one more thing to turn players away right?

Well said.

On the other side of this equation are the ham-handed, reactionary choices they are making to punish players who use the system to reduce that grind. (Stealth changes) While doing nothing to alleviate the gross display of spamming powers and competition that's (arguably) a faster method. (Draco)

Of making sniper rifles more and more difficult to use (grossly inaccurate hip fire, .5 second delay before scope fire is accurate (which can't be accelerated)) while keeping the crit chances still far below bows. 

A year ago, this game was a great deal more fair to players who didn't want to follow the standard community meta behaviors. Now, the developers shy away from altering those (due to community outrage) while they continually go after edge-players tactics... generally forcing them in line with the standard. 

I do not understand exactly why they are making these (in my opinion) boneheaded decisions, but it certainly makes me less and less interested in updates and constantly looking for something else to spend my time on. I love warframe, have for years, but it's becoming more and more difficult to continue to enjoy the time I spend here.

I don't see a problem with a player spending an hour doing solo mob farming, who's he hurting? (arguably himself) but why go after him when you've got this festering boil of Draco that's untouched? Why make sniper rifles even more difficult to use effectively? They were already the red-headed stepchild of all warframe weapons to begin with. These are just the two most obvious decisions I vehemently disagree with in recent memory, I'm certain others could come up with dozens more. 

<makes a disgusted noise and wanders back to fallout 4>

Edited by xethier

World of Warcraft doesn't have a cap on how much gold you can earn in a day, because the prices for things, and the rate at which you can get gold has actually been given some attention.

On tiny little problem with that comparison...wow gold does not buy you the best of the best gear; the top gear comes from the hardest raids or high level arena PvP. Unless you buy a carry + get lucky with drops, you simply cannot buy your way to the top. There is a reason why gold is not capped there unlike daily/weekly caps on PvP + Raid lock outs for PvE; gold is relatively worthless when it comes right down to it. Basically you have to work for your loot in WoW, well at least the good stuff that is. Conversely, you can pretty much buy all the top stuff in WF with a credit card. Sure you have to grind but with a booster + draco you can level anything super fast so it isn't that big of a deal; anyone with money can be top here easy enough.

That aside I do think that the daily focus grind needs to be a) cut down b) offer more ways to get there instead of stealth or draco. I have to do 8-10 exterminate runs at roughly 10-15 minutes per every single day then after that I can go hunt for weapon/frame bps, resources, and mods like I usually do. It's not hard, it's just extremely tedious for no real reason other than to frustrate players. It seems to be working!

Edited by fizbit