Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage, shields, mods, enemies, and you.

KGeddon

Thanks for calculating.

Now sometimes when I hit crewmen I see only 137~147 numbers so hence I thought there is a hard cap somewhere.

Sometimes I see a yellow 238 number, and critical 632 red number. Whats the yellow for?

When I hit the General from Earth, it shows 107 only, any clue why this is?

AFAIK, there are only three types of colored damage numbers. Non-crit(white), shield hits(blue), and crit. All my crits are yellow, but I don't do melee(Their melee system totally fails to interest me due to it all being E based).

AFAIK, there are only three types of colored damage numbers. Non-crit(white), shield hits(blue), and crit. All my crits are yellow, but I don't do melee(Their melee system totally fails to interest me due to it all being E based).

You get red crits that are REALLY high as well.

You get red crits that are REALLY high as well.

Which is why I didn't specify a color for crits. I simply stated that all my crits are yellow(only having 5 mods slots and not being able to slot +75% gun damage or even 1% gun damage into your warframe limits the amount of damage you can do with a gun)

Edited by KGeddon

Hi KGeddon, I used to want to begin testing damage but I saw your topic...I like it! May I translate your work into Chinese and post it to a Chinese Warframe fourm? Certainly I'll name you and paste the link, thank you.

I did this research for my own benefit and posted it up because I'd already done the work. :D

It's pretty much open season on this info. I'm not even concerned about being cited as the source.

Hrm. So I think I've figured out how red crits work. Yellow crits deal damage equal to the damage of the attack times your total critical damage. For my Ash this is 1593 damage. However, when using smoke bomb, I deal 2391 damage, which seems to be just normal critical damage times 1.5. Not entirely sure on how the chance works, but I have ~70% critical chance on my heat sword right now, and I seem to be getting entirely red crits during stealth.

ok this may sound stupid but from what im reading AP is the best all round choice?

what i want to know is if i just picked one type of mod, which mod is the best for all rouind one for all three(grineer corpus and infested).

AP. It doesn't have a special effect, but all three factions have armored enemies who will reduce normal and fire/freeze/electric(whichever are not faction weaknesses) greatly. It especially helps with inaccurate weapons that can't bank on hitting weak points(shotguns, gorgon on full auto).

What about...

Bosses with shields (Freeze vs AP)

Accurate weapons (Aklato and Snipetron for example, AP vs %Damage/Crit/Puncture)

And an off-topic question, do fire mods drop only in certain areas? I haven't seen a single one while I've gotten a ton lightning/freeze mods.

Bosses with shields (Freeze vs AP)

Bosses' shields are down within seconds, while it takes ~3-5 minutes to take down the boss' HP, AP wins.

And an off-topic reply, Fire Mods are rare, very rare. I had ONE in ~70 hours of playtime.

I have read this post quite a bit and never replied - just wanted to say thanks to KGeddon for the OP and thanks to everyone for testing and sharing the info - I try not to be over consumed with a min/max mentality, but I still like to know what tools serve me best.

Cheers from Cali,

~Hendrixius

So, trying to maximize damage on my Scindo; what is the consensus on the best way to do this? Is it still to swap in approproiate +damage% mods for the enemy's weakness?

Second question, how do armor penetration mods work? Do they add another damage number like elementals that then goes by the damage multiplier on the enemey/body part or do they decrease the enemy's resistance to normal damage or what?

Hrm. So I think I've figured out how red crits work. Yellow crits deal damage equal to the damage of the attack times your total critical damage. For my Ash this is 1593 damage. However, when using smoke bomb, I deal 2391 damage, which seems to be just normal critical damage times 1.5. Not entirely sure on how the chance works, but I have ~70% critical chance on my heat sword right now, and I seem to be getting entirely red crits during stealth.

Random idea time: Just like how Multishot can go over 100% to guarantee a second shot with a chance for a third, crit chance can go over 100% (due to Snipertron's high innate chance or Smoke Bomb having a crit chance multiplier) to guarantee a yellow "normal" crit and give the leftover chance for a 150% stronger "red" crit.

Second question, how do armor penetration mods work? Do they add another damage number like elementals that then goes by the damage multiplier on the enemey/body part or do they decrease the enemy's resistance to normal damage or what?

Yes, it works just like any of the elemental damages.

It seems to me that when I unload on an Ancients head each shot does a lot more damage than if I aim for the legs, or arms. This could be due to my 100% AP damage(Roughly). But it seems that was with all of the weapons I use. I do more damage on a headshot than I do anywhere else.

ok so i have a kraken and i want it to put out as much damage as possable per a trigger pull which one is better?

99, 75, and 50 multi shot or 25, 25, and 25 AP or 99 mulit and 25, 25 AP

i was wondering how the multi shot works i put the 3 mutli shots on a lex and and there was more than 4 damage numbers i think it was about 6 or so. does it double the amout put out every yime (2 4 8 16) and just add 1 more set of bullets (2 3 4 5) for the lex and 4 8 16 32 and 4 6 8 10 for kraken

and what it i had three 99 multi shots?

what the highest an AP can go?

Edited by CamoPsycho

I've read everything but there's something i'm still not sure of. Maybe you can clear this up. What happens when you use an weapon that negates armour AND uses an armour pen mod? Would the mod be useless as you are already avoiding the armour or would it in some way add extra dmg? My common sense says it's the first one but I really would like to know for sure since i'm getting pretty deep inside this game.

Probably has been said before.

But when I incresed armor piercing (a lot) for my Furis, the Corpus Crewmen suddenly started to take huge headshot damage (80 per headshot). While normally it's almost they have no head when there's no AP-mods used (Snipetron with no AP does same damage shot anywhere on Crewmen, according to my experience).