Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage, shields, mods, enemies, and you.

KGeddon

• 2 weeks later...

You add another +70% armor mod. Your armor is now 245(144*1.7). Multiply your health by 3.45(base +245%). Now that sawman has to hit you3.45(4) times to kill you. He is doing 28 percent of his regular damage.

And so on until you have all 8 slots filled by armor. That gives you a max armor of 3487(multiply health by 35.87). You'd end up with around 97% mitigation(rounding. All damage rounds down to remove decimals when it is applied to an enemy/enemy applies damage to you)

::edited:: to not be stupid. If you add a +70% mod, you don't multiply by 1.7 and also add in the previous level. That's why you use 1.7 instead of .7(1.7 is base+70%). I'm really unorganized.

Finally, a plain clothes explanation! You're doing great work, more organized than anyone else I've come across so far! Thank you for all of this!

Probably has been said before.

But when I incresed armor piercing (a lot) for my Furis, the Corpus Crewmen suddenly started to take huge headshot damage (80 per headshot). While normally it's almost they have no head when there's no AP-mods used (Snipetron with no AP does same damage shot anywhere on Crewmen, according to my experience).

They're immune to headshots if you're not using AP. Conversely, they take 20x damage from AP because the initial shot didn't go through. So, for example, if you have a level 1 rifle AP mod, you'll do 80 damage on a Crewman headshot.

shame on games without decent ...or any tooltips. it makes the game really frustrating to play for my friends and I, being left to guess or hunt on a wiki for relevant information is not the way to keep us interested.

I agree, it is a bit of a hassle to go look for info such as this, but keep in mind the game is still under testing and things seem to change rather frequently.

So should we put armor piercing mods on a weapon that ignores armor? (Such as boltor and that hammer) Will you get extra damage against armored enemies?

normal damage + elemental damage mod(s) = total damage

armor piercing is an elemental type, the only of which ignores armor

on armor ignoring weapons, such as the boltor, normal damage ignores armor. (elemental are not effected)

adding armor piercing mods to your boltor will increase you total damage, but not your normal damage

this has been answered before

Edited by WindShieldWiperFluid

Could someone explain stealth+crit damage calculation?

Dual Zorens [+125% Charge Damage and swapped a +60% Crit Damage mod in and out]:

Without the mod, every charge attack yielded 246 yellow damage or the odd 370 popping up in red.

With the mod again every charge attack yielded 246 yellow damage but the red damage doing about 590.

55(1+1.25) = 123.75 => 123 (base charge + mod rounded down)

123*2 = 246 (stealth damage)

123*2 + 123.75 = 369.75 => 370 (stealth+crit)

How is 590 calculated?

Thread is still stickied.... Yet it's still several patches old.

Amazing no one's made a replacement thread yet.

Could someone explain stealth+crit damage calculation?

55(1+1.25) = 123.75 => 123 (base charge + mod rounded down)
123*2 = 246 (stealth damage)
123*2 + 123.75 = 369.75 => 370 (stealth+crit)

How is 590 calculated?

370 * 1.6 = 592, or "about 590".

Hello,

I am sorry but can you dumb this down even more for me since I am not getting it.

True or False?

"x% Crit Chance" MODs increase the BASE CRITICAL CHANCE of the weapon not your GLOBAL CRITICAL CHANCE with the weapon? I have the Rifle critical chance MOD "Point Strike" at 3/5 Upgraded and it gives 100% critical chance but I don't critically hit on every hit, so I assumed it modifies the weapon's base critical chance. Therefore, I assume you would only want to use the critical chance MODs on weapons with exceptionally high base critical chances, such as the LEX (15% base critical chance) versus the LATO (2.5% base critical chance).  I assume all "x% <effect>" MODs work in this fashion, such that they modify the weapon's BASE values not some GLOBAL value. This is probably why the "x% stun chance" MOD has no effect on the FANG because the FANG has a 0% base stun chance. Furthermore, the "x% critical dmg" MOD has no effect on the FANG because the FANG has a 0% critical (damage) bonus.

The Warframe Wiki's weapon subsection (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Compare) is helpful but it would be even more so if the rest of the values for all the weapons could be filled in. I assume all of the pistols can critically hit but their values have not been determined, or filled in in the table yet. You seem to be adept with this type of mathematical and statistical work; maybe you could help the Warframe Wiki article editors fill in those sheets so the rest of us grunts can make more informed decisions about the weapons we would like to use and how we would like to MOD them.

On the note of Warframe Wiki and weapons, the tables mention "critical bonuses" (damage?) for certain weapons. Does this value (ex: 7.5% for the LATRON) mean that instead of dealing 200% damage on a critical hit the Latron deals 207.5% critical damage? From the Warframe Wiki description of the FANG since critical damage MODs have no affect on it I would assume the critical damage MODs modify the critical bonus (the "7.5%" for the LATRON) and not the overall damage value (207.5% for the LATRON)? Is this correct?

Thanks,
Brakmarian

Edited by Brakmarian

Hello... again,

Besides my old questions still not being answer (they can be found here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5812-damage-shields-mods-enemies-and-you/page-6#entry269632 or you can just go back one page), I have some new questions related to how the Warframe Wiki page was describes weapons:

Is there a difference between the terminology ARMOR PIERCING and IGNORES ARMOR? Daggers are described as ARMOR PIERCING while the BO (staff) is described as "IGNORING ARMOR". If a weapon has one of these effects (assuming they do different things since I don't know any better) would "x% armor piercing" MODs increase damage against armored targets, like the Grineer or would it not since the weapon already pierces/ignores armor?

Thanks,
Brakmarian

Edited by Brakmarian

Is there a difference between the terminology ARMOR PIERCING and IGNORES ARMOR? Daggers are described as ARMOR PIERCING while the BO (staff) is described as "IGNORING ARMOR". If a weapon has one of these effects (assuming they do different things since I don't know any better) would "x% armor piercing" MODs increase damage against armored targets, like the Grineer or would it not since the weapon already pierces/ignores armor?

Thanks,

Brakmarian</p>

I can't speak for your previous questions about %chance since I don't know. However, I do know that critical damage mods are a multiplier of a global value (see the numbers I posted on page 6).

Armor piercing and ignore armor are separate damage types. For example, armor piercing will give bonus damage to Corpus Crewman headshots. Ignore armor is essentially normal damage that ignores armor. Armor piercing mods will increase damage even on weapons that already ignore armor, because it adds damage.

Some of the first post still applies here:

Armor ignoring [weapons] ignore all reductions for the normal damage they apply(flat or per level), Armor piercing elemental damage does flat damage subject to a multiplier, and piercing mods do not confer armor piercing.

What happens to the damage if I use armor piercing and my weapon has ignore armor?

lets say your using a single bolto with 25 base damage. that 25 damage ignores armor

slap a 30% armor piercing mod on it. 30% of 25 is 7.5 which rounds up to 8

so:  25+8=33

you do 33 total damage that ignores armor with each bolt from your modded bolto